Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Booking avios flights with different origin point

Old May 28, 2016, 2:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC: Bronze. Skywards: Silver

Hi guys,
We have a avios household account with the in laws which has there address based here in the UK.

They live in Canada. Is it possible for me to still book avios reward flights starting in Canada to London?

Or should I remove them from the family household account and change their address to Canada (I'm aware that addresses can only be changed once every 6 months)

Thanks!
Old May 28, 2016, 3:04 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
You can book Avios flights to and from anywhere in the world. But the taxes and fees will be charged in GBP as the account(s) are based in the UK. If the account(s) were based in Canada the taxes and fees would be charged in CAD.
Old May 28, 2016, 3:41 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
And note that the taxes and fees originating Canada are even worse than originating UK.

Either book the return trip as 2 one-ways or, better, book their travel originating UK or even EU if the additional saving is worth it to them.
Old May 28, 2016, 4:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC: Bronze. Skywards: Silver
Than you guys! I'll book the tickets today's and leave them in the household account.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.