Original Routing Credit Beginner's Guide

Old Jul 27, 17, 10:31 am
  #61  
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Leeds, UK
Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Posts: 31,731
Originally Posted by sxc View Post
When BA adjusts for ORC, if you only mention tier points, do they adjust avios also?
Yes. It isn't so much an adjustment of what has credited, but instead a removal of the re-booked itinerary credits from your EC account, and then credit of the flights you were originally on.
KARFA is online now  
Old Jul 27, 17, 11:05 am
  #62  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Arizona
Programs: BA (GGL), AA (statusless), HH (Diamond);
Posts: 2,890
Originally Posted by billinghamn View Post
Good point. But the TLL flights were AY flights with AY flight codes although on a BA 125 ticket.
I would suggest just being politely persistent and emphasising the AA IRROPS leading to a different routing and mention again the routing for which you are missing tier points. I would hope that eventually someone can sort it out.
dylanks is offline  
Old Jul 27, 17, 11:06 am
  #63  
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Leeds, UK
Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Posts: 31,731
Originally Posted by billinghamn View Post
Good point. But the TLL flights were AY flights with AY flight codes although on a BA 125 ticket.
Ah ok, yes I didn't realise you had the TLL flights under the AA flight number.
KARFA is online now  
Old Jul 27, 17, 11:58 am
  #64  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: North West, UK
Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR), Hilton Diamond
Posts: 1,899
Originally Posted by dylanks View Post
I would suggest just being politely persistent and emphasising the AA IRROPS leading to a different routing and mention again the routing for which you are missing tier points. I would hope that eventually someone can sort it out.
Yes - I will persevere and will report back once I hear more from BA. It's the "politely" bit I tend to struggle with!
billinghamn is offline  
Old Aug 6, 17, 7:59 am
  #65  
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: HKG
Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 1,627
I have this situation and was wondering if I could get my ORC?

1/ HKG - KUL (Avios CX redemption)
2/ KUL - JHB (MH J revenue)

both on separate tickets.

was original going to connect on KUL - JHB with 2hours to spare. but due to a severe delay of HKG - KUL, I wasn't going to make my connection and got CX to reroute me HKG-SIN and I made my own way by car to JHB.

Am I able to claim my TP for the MH KUL-JHB leg (those 40 tp are precious to me and I originally booked this itinerary to get them!)?
ermen is offline  
Old Aug 6, 17, 10:16 am
  #66  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Arizona
Programs: BA (GGL), AA (statusless), HH (Diamond);
Posts: 2,890
Originally Posted by ermen View Post
I have this situation and was wondering if I could get my ORC?

1/ HKG - KUL (Avios CX redemption)
2/ KUL - JHB (MH J revenue)

both on separate tickets.

was original going to connect on KUL - JHB with 2hours to spare. but due to a severe delay of HKG - KUL, I wasn't going to make my connection and got CX to reroute me HKG-SIN and I made my own way by car to JHB.

Am I able to claim my TP for the MH KUL-JHB leg (those 40 tp are precious to me and I originally booked this itinerary to get them!)?
Unfortunately because it was separate tickets and carriers, I think this ORC is pretty unlikely.
dylanks is offline  
Old Aug 6, 17, 12:54 pm
  #67  
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Barcelona, London, on a plane
Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Posts: 9,055
Originally Posted by ermen View Post

Am I able to claim my TP for the MH KUL-JHB leg (those 40 tp are precious to me and I originally booked this itinerary to get them!)?
Unlikely, you no-showed for your KUL-JHB. You were fairly lucky to get the reroute to SIN.
craigthemif is offline  
Old Aug 6, 17, 8:21 pm
  #68  
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Programs: BA Gold (OWE), SAS Diamond (*G)
Posts: 584
I'm sure this has been asked before, but I can't find it on my phone - if I voluntarily call up to rebook myself due to an AA travel alert can I claim ORC? I presume the answer is no...
klmml is offline  
Old Aug 6, 17, 10:46 pm
  #69  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Arizona
Programs: BA (GGL), AA (statusless), HH (Diamond);
Posts: 2,890
Originally Posted by klmml View Post
I'm sure this has been asked before, but I can't find it on my phone - if I voluntarily call up to rebook myself due to an AA travel alert can I claim ORC? I presume the answer is no...
Actually the answer is yes. AA considers their relaxed travel alert rebooking policy to be part of IRROPS.
dylanks is offline  
Old Aug 7, 17, 9:05 am
  #70  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: UK
Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Accor Plat, UK AMEX Plat
Posts: 1,851
Has anyone had any luck with doing an ORC for a Qatar airlines cancellation + rebooking on a non-OneWorld airline?

I was supposed to be flying with Qatar yesterday, but got rebooked on Turkish Airlines. I rang BA to request an Original Routing Credit for the flights, but they've said that it isn't possible for Qatar problems. When pushed, they claimed that the BA Executive Club can only do an ORC for BA, AA and Iberia re-routings

Is BA correct that I can't get an ORC for tier points and avios when a Qatar flight is cancelled and you're rebooked with a non-OW carrier? Or is the agent just mistaken and I need to try requesting again?
Gagravarr is offline  
Old Aug 7, 17, 9:08 am
  #71  
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Leeds, UK
Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Posts: 31,731
Originally Posted by Gagravarr View Post
Has anyone had any luck with doing an ORC for a Qatar airlines cancellation + rebooking on a non-OneWorld airline?

I was supposed to be flying with Qatar yesterday, but got rebooked on Turkish Airlines. I rang BA to request an Original Routing Credit for the flights, but they've said that it isn't possible for Qatar problems. When pushed, they claimed that the BA Executive Club can only do an ORC for BA, AA and Iberia re-routings

Is BA correct that I can't get an ORC for tier points and avios when a Qatar flight is cancelled and you're rebooked with a non-OW carrier? Or is the agent just mistaken and I need to try requesting again?
I though someone recently posted about ORC for QR? See posts 55 & 56 up-thread which indicate some previous success.
KARFA is online now  
Old Aug 8, 17, 11:27 am
  #72  
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Betwixt SEA and LHR
Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, AS Gold MVP, IC RA, IHG Spire Elite, HH Diamond, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Posts: 1,346
Just bumping this thread adding in this link to my recent experience, which seems to suggest BA may be changing their tone on ORC claims, particularly in regards to re-routes on AA:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...xclusions.html
opalfruit is offline  
Old Aug 30, 17, 5:27 am
  #73  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: UK
Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Accor Plat, UK AMEX Plat
Posts: 1,851
Originally Posted by Gagravarr View Post
Has anyone had any luck with doing an ORC for a Qatar airlines cancellation + rebooking on a non-OneWorld airline?

I was supposed to be flying with Qatar yesterday, but got rebooked on Turkish Airlines. I rang BA to request an Original Routing Credit for the flights, but they've said that it isn't possible for Qatar problems. When pushed, they claimed that the BA Executive Club can only do an ORC for BA, AA and Iberia re-routings

Is BA correct that I can't get an ORC for tier points and avios when a Qatar flight is cancelled and you're rebooked with a non-OW carrier? Or is the agent just mistaken and I need to try requesting again?
To finish off my story - I now have all my missed tier points and avios!

My attempt to do an ORC via the GGL phone line was a complete bust - they initially seemed not to understand exactly what an ORC was, then told me it wasn't possible for Qatar flights on 157-stock

Based on advice here, I then messaged BAMissingAvios (including all flight numbers, booking references, e-ticket numbers). They understood exactly what the problem was, and sent off the request to Qatar. Yesterday, quicker than predicted (~2 weeks) they let me know the credit had been applied

It seems the process is entirely manual though, as there was a typo in the airport code for one of the flights! I sent a message back through the BA online message thingy, and today they've fixed the typo + associated avios/TPs.

So, thanks again to BAMissingAvios for arranging my ORC
Gagravarr is offline  
Old Aug 30, 17, 5:31 am
  #74  
sxc
Moderator, Cathay Pacific
Accor Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Posts: 10,503
Originally Posted by Gagravarr View Post
To finish off my story - I now have all my missed tier points and avios!

My attempt to do an ORC via the GGL phone line was a complete bust - they initially seemed not to understand exactly what an ORC was, then told me it wasn't possible for Qatar flights on 157-stock

Based on advice here, I then messaged BAMissingAvios (including all flight numbers, booking references, e-ticket numbers). They understood exactly what the problem was, and sent off the request to Qatar. Yesterday, quicker than predicted (~2 weeks) they let me know the credit had been applied

It seems the process is entirely manual though, as there was a typo in the airport code for one of the flights! I sent a message back through the BA online message thingy, and today they've fixed the typo + associated avios/TPs.

So, thanks again to BAMissingAvios for arranging my ORC
Excellent result. I suspect you would have had the same result if you submitted via the online form on the website.
sxc is offline  
Old Aug 30, 17, 5:41 am
  #75  
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Leeds, UK
Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Posts: 31,731
Originally Posted by Gagravarr View Post
My attempt to do an ORC via the GGL phone line was a complete bust - they initially seemed not to understand exactly what an ORC was, then told me it wasn't possible for Qatar flights on 157-stock
I have sent them by email to GGL before and that has worked.
KARFA is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: