Original Routing Credit Beginner's Guide

Old Sep 22, 22, 12:52 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by f-mouse View Post
However, Iím now in the position that Iíve got to striking distance of the 1125 TPs before December for status renewal, but donít have the requisite number of BA flights flown, and also the booking will not generate the double tier points as per the BA holiday promotion which would tip me into Gold for 23-24.

Had Comair survived, and had the MAN-LHR schedule not been decimated, I would have the TPs in the bank as well as the sectors.

Does ORC apply in this instance?
As I read this, it's not so much ORC but an eligible flights issue. You could try to claim for the Comair position, I'm not optimistic though. So in your shoes I'd be looking to get the BA flights via other means during November/ early December.
Old Sep 22, 22, 2:54 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by f-mouse View Post
Morning All,

Iíve just returned from a trip to South Africa which was rebooked repeatedly due to Comair administration and BA short haul cancellations. What should have been a fully BA operated trip became MAN-JNB via DOH, Airlink domestics, and CPT-MAN via DOH.

On paper, Iím actually 20 TPs up on what the entire trip would have got me had my initially booked route been flown.

However, Iím now in the position that Iíve got to striking distance of the 1125 TPs before December for status renewal, but donít have the requisite number of BA flights flown, and also the booking will not generate the double tier points as per the BA holiday promotion which would tip me into Gold for 23-24.

Had Comair survived, and had the MAN-LHR schedule not been decimated, I would have the TPs in the bank as well as the sectors.

Does ORC apply in this instance?

Thanks!
Are you sure you wonít get the double tier points? Iím assuming that you mean you donít have the five nights car hire or hotel as part of the package?
Old Sep 26, 22, 12:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold, CAMRA
BA 295 to ORD on 28th just got cancelled

Eek! Some sound advice needed here. I was booked in F on BA295 on Wednesday 28th. I am on an ex EU (BUD - LHR - ORD). I need to get there so I must accept their alternative which is AA87 departing from T3 at 11:00. I am guessing that claiming ORC is straight forward. Is there anything else I should do before accepting the change?

Thanks

G50
Old Sep 26, 22, 12:28 pm

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
ORC normally applies for schedule changes on the day of travel. Or was.

but as it so close, give it a go.
Old Sep 26, 22, 12:32 pm

I can't remember where I saw it but I think that Corporate Wage Slave suggested not doing anything until day of departure... I am looking but would be grateful for any pointers.

G50
Old Sep 26, 22, 1:10 pm

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
I can't speak for CWS, but if you have a schedule change, for example 2 months in advance, don't do anything. That's what we do.

The issue for you, I assume, is that you need to be there in two days.

Someone will be along shortly I imagine to give you a definitive answer as your best options.
Old Sep 26, 22, 1:13 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by ginger50 View Post
I can't remember where I saw it but I think that Corporate Wage Slave suggested not doing anything until day of departure... I am looking but would be grateful for any pointers.

G50
If you need to be there and itís an acceptable solution then I suggest you confirm it as soon as possible.

If itís not acceptable to you, find something you prefer and call BA. For example, you might be able to fly to an East Coast city in F and connect to ORD on AA. This would earn you an extra 40 tier points too.
Old Sep 26, 22, 1:26 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus, Avios
Originally Posted by Radiation Station View Post
Are you sure you wonít get the double tier points? Iím assuming that you mean you donít have the five nights car hire or hotel as part of the package?
Iím guessing not, as I went from every flight being BA operated and marketed, to none being BA operated or marketedÖ without Comair administration or LHR flight caps, the trip ticked all the double TP boxes.

I shall attempt to fly somewhere before the end of the year to make sure as suggested by CWS.
Old Sep 26, 22, 1:33 pm

The extra difficulty I have is that I am near my year end (8Nov) and I need the TPs. I checked on the Finnair website and can see that I am seated in 8A so I am pretty confident that I have really been shifted onto the new flight. My priorities are:

1. Secure a flight to ORD on 28th
2. Keep the TPs from the original booking

Presumably I will be offered a refund for the fare difference, is there any subtlety as to when to accept the change of itinerary from the point of view of preservation of TPs?

Last edited by ginger50; Sep 26, 22 at 1:40 pm Reason: spelling - rather funny spelling

Search this Thread