Feeling p1ssed at KUL

Old Jul 1, 2016, 4:59 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
If the 'charges' were excluded from the reimbursement calculation there would be nothigng to stop an airline increasing them but reducing the base fare.
That crossed my mind, too.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 9:01 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Believe it or not I am still waiting for my Avios refund from our flight back from KUL in May. To add insult to injury our recent return flights from HNL were fine until we encountered BA at JFK. Our flight to LHR was very late so we missed our flight to DUB - a whole horror story here of BA at LHR - and again I was downgraded involuntarily so yet another EC/261 claim to make.

I mailed the GGL again regarding the delay in making the refund and part of the response is below. Needless to say BA aren't covering themselves in glory.

"I'm so sorry you're still waiting for the Avios to be added back onto your Gold Guest List account. This is truly unacceptable. A customer as loyal and supportive as yourself shouldn't be waiting so long for the refund you're due. At this stage I'm unsure why the refund hasn't been issued, as I've received no response from our Refunds team since 01 July 2016 when I was told the Avios were to be returned by the team concerned.

As a result, I've escalated this matter again internally and I'm looking to get a response from them as soon as possible confirming the Avios have been returned."

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.