FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Iberia removed my BA Executive Club number (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1768080-iberia-removed-my-ba-executive-club-number.html)

megaloman May 24, 2016 11:46 pm

Iberia removed my BA Executive Club number

Just saw a notification from my flights app - Iberia has removed my BA EC frequent flyer number from my bookings made with Iberia. Is it standard procedure? :confused:

I didn't request my FF to be removed from my booking, already contacted BA via Twitter asking why that would happen. I am a bit puzzled by this - but that would explain why BA claimed that my sister did not enter her BA on a couple of her bookings where she had to claim missing avios (she doesn't use myflights app).

oxtailsoup May 24, 2016 11:56 pm

No idea if it is standard procedure or not but I posted a month ago something similar happened to me including moving my seat reservations.

I entered the BAEC numbers again and a few weeks later Iberia wiped them out again!

...and changed my seats again.

Very frustrating.

megaloman May 25, 2016 12:06 am

Originally Posted by oxtailsoup (Post 26677793)
No idea if it is standard procedure or not but I posted a month ago something similar happened to me including moving my seat reservations.

I entered the BAEC numbers again and a few weeks later Iberia wiped them out again!

...and changed my seats again.

Very frustrating.

I had seat changes in the past, or I could see different seats selected on Iberia and BA... but never got a BA EC number removed from my booking. No notification from Iberia obviously - flight still shows on the list in the BA Executive Club area as it involves BA segment :( Seat selection is gone though :(

But that also explains why my sister keeps having to claim missing avios for flights - she books her flights directly with Iberia as she's based in Madrid, most of the flights don't show up on her BA Executive Club.

pjh981 May 25, 2016 12:17 am

Exactly the same happened to me a couple of weeks ago. IB refused to accept my BAEC number (or my wife's). We wanted to access free seat assignment but IB website refused to accept the numbers into the booking, and when I 'phoned IB they said they could not see our status on their system. IB said it was a BAEC issue and to contact them; when I called BAEC they said it was an IB issue! Stuck in a perpetual loop of IAG customer service indifference I just called IB and paid the 15 euros per person to assign seats.

At MAD my boarding pass triggered an alarm when I tried to use Fast Track and I had to show my BAEC bag tag to prove my status - same same to get into the Lounge. However, after the flight, points and Avios accrued as per normal.

Fitch May 25, 2016 1:22 am

Originally Posted by pjh981 (Post 26677844)
Stuck in a perpetual loop of IAG customer service indifference I just called IB and paid the 15 euros per person to assign seats.

A conspiracy-minded soul might see a connection there :eek: but I suspect the collective opinion of this board would probably be "bog-standard incompetence" :(

sebanto2001 May 25, 2016 1:25 am

Had exactly the same some days ago. Don't know what's happening on their system.

Andriyko May 25, 2016 2:08 am

Originally Posted by sebanto2001 (Post 26677999)
Had exactly the same some days ago. Don't know what's happening on their system.

+ 1. The e-ticket receipt shows our BAEC numbers, however, there were nowhere to be found when I checked the booking online a few days ago.

Royalscot May 25, 2016 2:13 am

Iberia also removed my BAEC number and that of Mrs Royalscot, despite putting it back in this scenario was repeated multiple times looks like they are having system issues

Cymro May 25, 2016 2:29 am

I have an IB Express booking tomorrow night (LGW-MAD) and it keeps falling out.

I'm not entirely convinced it's ticketed properly - the original flight number was cancelled and then replaced with another one and, although I have a ticket number, classic.checkmytrip.com can't see it.

However it has maintained my seat selection so far, so I'll see how it goes tomorrow and might try to add it back one last time before I check in.

gingeola May 25, 2016 2:44 am

I have the same issue. My BAEC number keeps getting removed from an upcoming Iberia booking.

Seat choice is sticking though and I can put the number back into the booking without issue.

Andriyko Aug 3, 2016 5:43 am

Deleted

Cris L Aug 5, 2016 2:34 pm

I've got 4 IB bookings and ALL of them had my BAEC number removed at the same time...

Myflights app was a godsend.

I think but can't recall for sure, that some of the reservations had seat numbers removed!

bmi goldenboy Aug 8, 2016 3:48 am

This is a very regular occurrence, even when re-added I find them removed on a weekly basis sometimes and still need to add them at the check in desk or lounge sometimes.

Another linked symptom of the system issues is the often inability to select seats on IB Express operated flights unless you call IB directly. No-one can give me a good answer on the cause apart from "it's a clash of systems between BA/IB).

atmorris Aug 8, 2016 6:38 am

We have the opposite, the missus has both her EC Number attached and a CJ (City Flyer I think) 9999999 Number which is stuck and we cant wipe it out.

I never have a problem with my BA number sticking to IB Bookings (famous last words) :)

JAXBA Aug 8, 2016 7:33 am

Originally Posted by atmorris (Post 27031897)
We have the opposite, the missus has both her EC Number attached and a CJ (City Flyer I think) 9999999 Number which is stuck and we cant wipe it out.

CJ is BA CityFlyer, yes. Avios.com happen to use the code to issue their membership numbers (it's on the back of the membership cards).

Not sure how you could get the 9999 Avios.com number gone other than calling in.