Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Norwegian To Start LGW-LAS - Lower BA Pricing?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Norwegian To Start LGW-LAS - Lower BA Pricing?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2017, 5:35 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by fransknorge
IAG (well EI specifically) in a comical twitter exchange with Norwegian about their flights from Dublin: http://www.dailyedge.ie/aer-lingus-n...55859-Feb2017/
Genius! The people in charge of the EI Twitter page deserve a medal!

M
Old Feb 25, 2017, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Genius! The people in charge of the EI Twitter page deserve a medal!

M
They have to be careful, just like BA's friendly lemon ad, statements like that could come back to bite them. BA already charge for seat selection long haul, IAG may want EI to follow if it's a success. Cruz may 'pioneer' basic fares on longhaul which again may make their way to EI if considered a success.

I think the most important thing is to remind people how far out of town this airport is. I imagine even an Uber would add significant cost to the total of this trip
Old Feb 25, 2017, 8:09 am

Programs: BA Gold, VX Gold
Originally Posted by Sparth3103
This will be BAs excuse to enhance their services further and remove food from their long haul product too. I miss the days when BA would compete with other airlines by dropping their price and basically bankrupt other airlines who tried something similar.
Seems like that strategy is alive and well here in the San Francisco area. BA added flights from OAK-LGW precisely to undermine Norwegian and the prices for WT and WTP from SFO and SJC have been really low so far this year compared to the last few years. In addition with the current triple Avios offer a Gold member could earn as many as 49 Avios per dollar spent on these fares.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 5:13 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Guardian have an interesting analysis

https://www.theguardian.com/business...ke-off-quickly

Fares as low as Ł69 prove elusive for many, leaving most passengers staring at a no-frills summer service for Ł228 … one-way!
Old Jul 14, 2017, 5:13 am

Reuters: Norwegian Air second-quarter earnings slump hits shares

OSLO, July 13 (Reuters) - Norwegian Air Shuttle, a budget carrier trying to grab a larger slice of transatlantic flights, reported a slump in earnings on Thursday and said the outlook for both growth and costs was worse than previously expected.

Shares in Europe's third-largest budget airline behind Ryanair and EasyJet dropped as much as 11 percent to their lowest since October 2014, taking this year's losses to 34 percent.
more here
http://www.reuters.com/article/norwe...-idUSL8N1K40HZ
Old Jul 14, 2017, 5:26 am

Programs: AA EXP, QF, BA
Will never fly BA direct to Vegas ever again. Bar service on the flight ran out of most drinks within 90mins. Then only like amstel lights left. only got one of first choice.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 5:28 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by QPProletarian
Will never fly BA direct to Vegas ever again. Bar service on the flight ran out of most drinks within 90mins. Then only like amstel lights left. only got one of first choice.
Within 90 minutes? Sounds very odd.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 5:31 am

Programs: AA EXP, QF, BA
Originally Posted by KARFA
Within 90 minutes? Sounds very odd.
Possibly seems worse in my mind, might've been 2-3 hours, but I remember being very displeased. Only got one heineken from first service and missed out on Jack Daniels as all served by the time I could get to the galley/ask again. (never had this before a BA flight) Was front row exit in Y on 747. IFE was also broken initially for 2 hours. Staff mentioned they load same number of drinks as other flights.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 5:34 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Possibly seems worse in my mind, might've been 2-3 hours, but I remember being very displeased. Only got one heineken from first service and missed out on Jack Daniels as all served by the time I could get to the galley/ask again. Was front row exit in Y on 747. IFE was also broken initially for 2 hours. Staff mentioned they load same number of drinks as other flights.
LAS used to be loaded with drinks at LHR only (as with most routes), so what they took had to cover both the LHR-LAS and return LAS-LHR flight. This is no longer the case and this flight now loads drinks both at LHR and LAS. I think this along with the BKK flights are the only ones that do so.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 4:48 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Possibly seems worse in my mind, might've been 2-3 hours, but I remember being very displeased. Only got one heineken from first service and missed out on Jack Daniels as all served by the time I could get to the galley/ask again. (never had this before a BA flight) Was front row exit in Y on 747. IFE was also broken initially for 2 hours. Staff mentioned they load same number of drinks as other flights.
Was this Y? Or J?

Might be as expected with former. *shudder* if latter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.