Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Check-in counter opening times

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2016, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Check-in counter opening times

I have spent the last 30 mins on ba.com and can't seem to find this information. Is there anywhere on the site that lists when check-in counters open at different airports? I see lots of check-in information (minimum times at different airports etc.) but not these details. I ordinarily do not check a bag, so this isn't usually a problem for me since I can clear security with my boarding pass. But I don't want to arrive early and be stuck at the airport for a couple of hours because I need to check a bag. Thanks!
Old May 22, 2016, 9:09 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Typically it is in Manage My Booking, in the flight details. For most shorthaul services check in opens 2 hours to 90 minutes before departure though it can be 3 hours for larger airports. Longhauls you generally can check in 3 hours before. If this is widely wrong MMB would tell you.

In all cases I can think of, if you check in 90 minutes before departure you'll be fine, the one exception perhaps being Dubai and Punta Cana, around the school holidays and weekend where you'll want a bit longer.

If it's somewhere specific then by all means ask in this forum, someone is likely to know.
Old May 22, 2016, 9:11 am

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
I presume you aren't going to pick a route based on check in times so if you already have a booking you can see airport desk times via MMB.

Go to the flight you want to check on and on the left select Check in and then select the Other ways to check in link. A popup will be displayed showing the times and location for counter check in at the departure airport for the sector you are looking at.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.