AA-BA can't OLCI

Old May 21, 16, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
AA-BA can't OLCI

I haven't connected from AA to BA on the same ticket for a while, so can't remember if this is normal. I can't OLCI for my flights home tomorrow. We're flying SFO-JFK-LHR-OSL. All looks ticketed on classic check my trip, so I just wanted to check that I need not be worried and all will b fine by just going to the airport in the morning.
Old May 21, 16, 12:45 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Freccia Alta, Accor Platinum, Hilton Diamond
It should be fine, you don't mention what ticket stock you're on but these things rarely work online in my experience.

CheckMyTrip should expose your AA PNR so I would attempt to check in using the AA site + the AA PNR (you'll have to reenter a lot of your passport info).

If all fails you should be able to check in at the airport.
Old May 21, 16, 12:46 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by gustavmahler View Post
I haven't connected from AA to BA on the same ticket for a while, so can't remember if this is normal. I can't OLCI for my flights home tomorrow. We're flying SFO-JFK-LHR-OSL. All looks ticketed on classic check my trip, so I just wanted to check that I need not be worried and all will b fine by just going to the airport in the morning.
I frequently have this happen on AA-BA tickets. It's never been a problem at the airport.
Old May 21, 16, 1:08 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
They'll probably just need a passport scan. If you go to an AA Kiosk in SFO, enter your passport first, it probably won't find the booking, then enter the PNR and bingo it should all work. You will then get all the AA boarding passes and probably the first BA boarding pass. After about 10 minutes the AA App should work. and after a couple of hours the BA App should work all the way through.
Old May 21, 16, 1:20 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
They'll probably just need a passport scan. If you go to an AA Kiosk in SFO, enter your passport first, it probably won't find the booking, then enter the PNR and bingo it should all work. You will then get all the AA boarding passes and probably the first BA boarding pass. After about 10 minutes the AA App should work. and after a couple of hours the BA App should work all the way through.
This. Assuming you're on BA in NY, basically you will check in at SFO and by the time you get to NY the BPs for BA will come up on the app. Occasionally it won't work, as often as not for me when I have used a SWU on AA to upgrade an AA leg, say, then AA re-tickets and the numbers get a bit out of synch. Easy fix for airport agents. Otherwise this will work as cws stated.
Old May 21, 16, 6:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Thanks, all!

Search this Thread