Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Long haul in-flight catering | World Traveller

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 28, 2022, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
Please do not quote photos in this thread.
Print Wikipost

Long haul in-flight catering | World Traveller

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2017, 11:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
As people will know, the meals which can be pre-ordered and paid for in World Traveller are currently only available from London Heathrow. BA just told me via Twitter that thy are looking into it from Gatwick in 2018. I should think so too when they've got 25 long haul flights operating from there! Would prefer it if they just improved the WT catering, but that doesn't appear to be the trend (apart from some Middle Eastern carriers) and unlikely.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 3:46 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by [b
​​​​​​​[/b]​​​​​​​Dicksbits;29219814]As people will know, the meals which can be pre-ordered and paid for in World Traveller are currently only available from London Heathrow. BA just told me via Twitter that thy are looking into it from Gatwick in 2018. I should think so too when they've got 25 long haul flights operating from there! Would prefer it if they just improved the WT catering, but that doesn't appear to be the trend (apart from some Middle Eastern carriers) and unlikely.
​​​​​
​​​​​​​
I understand Cruz made a announcement that the catering was being improved in WT in 2018...

Old Jan 19, 2018, 8:37 pm

Wow, this thread is rarely used, so shot in the dark here. What's normally normally served in WT from BOM to LHR? Got stuck in WT after learning that I need to be back in work ASAP.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 9:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I was in WT+ to LAX earlier and we got caramel Magnums handed out. No idea if the same for WT.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 1:36 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
BA105 LHR-DXB 20:40-07:45 World Traveller

Does anyone know if they serve a breakfast of some description before landing on this flight?
Old Feb 17, 2018, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I have just stumbled in here out of curiosity, after reading another BA catering Thread here, and I’m surprised by the lack of photos! Is this due to insufficient room to take a picture, or do WT pax not have smartphones/cameras?

Indeed, the whole subject of WT catering seems decidedly ‘below the radar’, especially when compared with the endless cahatter about F and CW/CE catering. Yet people here DO fly in WT ... I can only assume they’re broadly happy with what they got (and paid for), wihout any great expecatations of excellence.

Although the screwed up pre-orders mentioned by bisonrav here and on another Thread again flag up BA’s ineffectual ‘customer service’.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 8:22 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, then a handful of points on everything else.
Originally Posted by T8191
I have just stumbled in here out of curiosity, after reading another BA catering Thread here, and I’m surprised by the lack of photos! Is this due to insufficient room to take a picture, or do WT pax not have smartphones/cameras?
I note that this thread is linked from the Dashboard, but under the second of the two identical "World Traveller Plus" buttons, perhaps one of the mods could fix that?
Prospero likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by internetplumber
I note that this thread is linked from the Dashboard, but under the second of the two identical "World Traveller Plus" buttons, perhaps one of the mods could fix that?
Discovered that myself ... RBP message sent to the Mods
Prospero and internetplumber like this.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 8:31 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
I've been waiting nearly 3 weeks to hear if I'm going to get a breakfast!
T8191 likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 8:47 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
in my case I think it was just that I was juggling a toddler. I did take this on Malaysian before the SIN to LHR leg though, shows that Y food can be done well. Tasty and filling

​​​​​​​
T8191 likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 9:05 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by headingwest
BA105 LHR-DXB 20:40-07:45 World Traveller

Does anyone know if they serve a breakfast of some description before landing on this flight?
I will hopefully find out next week and report back
headingwest likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 3:38 am

Heathrow to Rio Y service was actually a lot better than I had anticipated. 11 hours 10 flight time. Drinks and pretzels after take off, decent lunch tray, snacks and drinks offered mid flight, a magnum ice cream and a pre-landing tray with a hot and tasty folded pizza. Can’t complain. Service improvements were good.

Old Feb 18, 2018, 7:13 am

Programs: BA/M&M/HHonors
Indeed, the whole subject of WT catering seems decidedly ‘below the radar’, especially when compared with the endless cahatter about F and CW/CE catering. Yet people here DO fly in WT ... I can only assume they’re broadly happy with what they got (and paid for), wihout any great expecatations of excellence.
To be honest, I'm always a bit wary of talking about Y on here.
Anyway, I was decidedly unhappy with my LAX-LHR flight in January, my expectations were already low and they weren't met. We got "dinner" after take off (quite late after take-off I have to say, although load was really low), nothing in between and then a horrible breakfast towards the end of the flight. Even had to ask for drinks during the flight. Already complained to BA. The post above mine regarding the Rio flight is a ray of hope I suppose - hopefully my flight was just a mistake.. For now though I will definitely be avoiding BA long haul...
Old Feb 18, 2018, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AFAIK a fair number of FTers fly l/h Y through corporate policies, So no need to feel excluded in the slightest!

I’m glad this thread is back on the front page. There’s more to BAFT/BAEC than just those fortunate enough (for whatever reason) to fly J or F ... even though they* tend to complain more

* Myself included!
Old Feb 18, 2018, 9:37 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by dawntreader380
To be honest, I'm always a bit wary of talking about Y on here.
Anyway, I was decidedly unhappy with my LAX-LHR flight in January, my expectations were already low and they weren't met. We got "dinner" after take off (quite late after take-off I have to say, although load was really low), nothing in between and then a horrible breakfast towards the end of the flight. Even had to ask for drinks during the flight. Already complained to BA. The post above mine regarding the Rio flight is a ray of hope I suppose - hopefully my flight was just a mistake.. For now though I will definitely be avoiding BA long haul...
Thanks for your posts dawntreader380 and please never feel wary talking about Y on here. I know it is a lot of the time on here about J/F fares, service levels, debates as to what airline is better than BA etc but you are equally as much welcomed to post what you like with of course the usual as long as it is in the FT rules like everywhere else.

The board does by it's very nature have many discussion on premium topics but please don't feel wary, this place is as much yours as anyone elses whatever their status or non status and contributions across the cabins and topics is most welcome. I think it is fair to say some on here forget about this fundamental statement in Flyeyrtalk so I'll repeat it. Please stick around!

About us

FlyerTalk features discussions and chat boards that covers the most up-to-date traveler information. An interactive community dedicated to your favorite topic: travel! That's right: all travel, all the time. The FlyerTalk forums are open for business 24 hours, 7 days a week. Even better, all travelers -- from vacation travelers to mileage junkies -- are welcome in the community. Just choose a forum and you can get to the business at hand: conversing about programs, how to make the most of your miles and points, general travel, airports, destination and dining information.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.