FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Long haul in-flight catering | World Traveller Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1767041-long-haul-flight-catering-world-traveller-plus.html)

mjh0 Nov 30, 17 4:17 pm

Out of interest, I seem to recall at one point being given bottled water after the meal service in WTP. Am I imagining that? If I'm not, and we used to be, has that been taken away?

Prospero Nov 30, 17 4:33 pm


Originally Posted by mjh0 (Post 29119447)
Out of interest, I seem to recall at one point being given bottled water after the meal service in WTP. Am I imagining that? If I'm not, and we used to be, has that been taken away?

IME, I receive one bottle of water - most of the time it is provided with the meal service but occasionally it is handed out shortly afterwards.

mjh0 Dec 1, 17 1:53 am


Originally Posted by Prospero (Post 29119504)
IME, I receive one bottle of water - most of the time it is provided with the meal service but occasionally it is handed out shortly afterwards.

Thanks, wasn't dreaming it then - and is distinct from the water ration (cuplet/mini-bottle) supplied with the main meal itself.

Didn't happen on my flight back from Joburg on Weds eve then.

criso Dec 1, 17 2:31 am


Originally Posted by mjh0 (Post 29120990)
Thanks, wasn't dreaming it then - and is distinct from the water ration (cuplet/mini-bottle) supplied with the main meal itself.

Didn't happen on my flight back from Joburg on Weds eve then.

I've had this with the meal service and instead of the small cup on the WT tray.

A while back I pre-ordered a main and a mix up meant that I got the WTP main on a WT tray so while everyone else had a small bottle of water, cheese and biscuits and a bread roll from the basket, mine came with a sealed cup of water, no cheese and biscuits and a pre wrapped roll. It wasn't a problem as the crew remedied it when I pointed it out.

amndflyer Dec 11, 17 10:27 am

Phx-LHR
 
I am flying world traveler plus from phx-lhr. I thought this should give the option of choosing a meal beforehand, but when i log onto BA I see "You will be served complimentary food and drinks on-board, although you won’t be able to order your meal in advance for this flight."

Does anyone know if this flight typically has a pasta dish as a meal option? Or should I do a special order of a vegetarian meal?

tedcruz Dec 11, 17 10:35 am


Originally Posted by amndflyer (Post 29160511)
I am flying world traveler plus from phx-lhr. I thought this should give the option of choosing a meal beforehand, but when i log onto BA I see "You will be served complimentary food and drinks on-board, although you won’t be able to order your meal in advance for this flight."

Does anyone know if this flight typically has a pasta dish as a meal option? Or should I do a special order of a vegetarian meal?

You should be able to choose a special meal. If not, from the first post it looks like the pasta option will be on board as the complimentary meal. Check out the vegan thread to see more on what,s offerd vegan wise.

Speedbirdjclass Dec 11, 17 12:38 pm

Economy meals are meant to be having a major upgrade in January - will this include WT + ??

rockflyertalk Dec 11, 17 2:30 pm


Originally Posted by Speedbirdjclass (Post 29161075)
Economy meals are meant to be having a major upgrade in January - will this include WT + ??

Good question - which leads to other questions, as the WTP mains are from the CW menu, (if thats still the case?) So does this mean WTP meals will eventually get the new Do&Co CW meals, currently being rolled out on US routes? or will the improvements in WT be served up in WTP?

DELLAS Dec 12, 17 7:15 am

BA2036 MCO-LGW


http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/a...psye3efwhv.jpg
.
http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps0rch2g80.jpg

lostinlondon Dec 14, 17 2:18 pm

BA 217
LHR-IAD
December 2017
Just flew the BA 217 to IAD. Fantastic flight - had the bulkhead window in WTP, with no one sat next to me. Wonderful, proactive crew. If only every BA flight were like this. One small thing - the 'thyme jus' was missing from my main, though I saw it on the tray of the passenger across from me. Otherwise, no complaints whatsoever and the food was tasty and very reasonable in portion.

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...e31c84d1b6.jpg
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...dbf5d58b66.jpg
You'll note there's no thyme jus... Not quite sure why it keeps cutting off since the website revamp, but the starter was nice but a bit small - bland looking but tasted nice.
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...807eb56ec6.jpg
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...a3a7c1412c.jpg

williamn78 Dec 14, 17 2:45 pm

It seems odd that the second 'meal' in WTP has been upgraded back to the sandwich of old, yet 'breakfast' on TATL flights remains a tiny Soreen, the same at WT.

lostinlondon Dec 14, 17 3:14 pm


Originally Posted by williamn78 (Post 29174525)
It seems odd that the second 'meal' in WTP has been upgraded back to the sandwich of old, yet 'breakfast' on TATL flights remains a tiny Soreen, the same at WT.

FWIW I've never flown WTP westbound in the past 2 years and *not* had the sandwich, though perhaps the sides have gotten enhanced then re-enlarged?

MPH1980 Dec 14, 17 3:42 pm


Originally Posted by rockflyertalk (Post 29161556)
Good question - which leads to other questions, as the WTP mains are from the CW menu, (if thats still the case?) So does this mean WTP meals will eventually get the new Do&Co CW meals, currently being rolled out on US routes? or will the improvements in WT be served up in WTP?

I did ask this question when the CW upgrade occurred on the JFK route. Short answer was that WTP was getting the old CW mains for the time being. I can't believe that's sustainable as they are going to be catering WTP specifically. The entire point was that it was a WT tray with a CW main.

So I suspect the general tray improvements will make their way from WT to WTP (if there are any) and the second meal too. We just have to wait and see. As for what happens to the mains ... I dunno. Do&Co probably want to protect their catering and serving the same meal straight in a tray probably wouldn't go down well with them. It also depends how the Do&Co meals are being loaded. Maybe we will end up with special catering in WTP after all.

xenole Dec 24, 17 5:38 am

They were doing a sort of Xmas dinner instead of the chicken option mentioned on the menu on my LHR-BOS flight yesterday.

Turkey or chicken. Not sure as white meat.
Some bit of stuffing so probably a stuffed Turkey roll that was sliced.
Sprouts that were cooked, roast potatoes, carrot, pig in blanket, mince pie with a tub of clotted cream.
Usual cous cous type thing and cheese / crackers. Bread basket offered.

Drinks runs. Tray or juice etc. offered at the start of the flight and a couple of hours from the end.
Crisps, jaffa cake bars, Cadbury chocolate bars, small wraps offered about am hour or so from landing.

http://i.imgur.com/cbFEASL.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/yN6lkP2.jpg

corporate-wage-slave Dec 24, 17 6:00 am

We don't get many Christmas meal photos here (hint hint) so thanks for that. Definitely turkey by the way. A chicken with that level of breast meat would fall over.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 1:31 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.