FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Long haul in-flight catering | World Traveller Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1767041-long-haul-flight-catering-world-traveller-plus.html)

mjh0 Jul 15, 17 8:15 am

Originally Posted by BrianWBrazil (Post 28563210)
I hear it's better to sit towards the front of a cabin to get the best chance of a meal of one's choice. I also hear that WT+ food comes from the CW kitchen. So would that mean that being in the front row of WT+ merely puts your at the back of CW meal choice? My next WT+ flight has 86 CW seats so I wonder what is going be left for us after that. Or is it the same food but from a separate stash?

On the 380 the WT+ food comes from the rear upper deck galley.

On the 52J 744 it comes from the galley at 2 doors (as does the main deck J food).

Haven't flown on on the 86J 744 so can't say with any certainty, but I would expect it to come from the Y galley at 4 doors.

World Traveller Fuss Jul 15, 17 8:46 am

Originally Posted by BrianWBrazil (Post 28563210)
I hear it's better to sit towards the front of a cabin to get the best chance of a meal of one's choice. I also hear that WT+ food comes from the CW kitchen. So would that mean that being in the front row of WT+ merely puts your at the back of CW meal choice? My next WT+ flight has 86 CW seats so I wonder what is going be left for us after that. Or is it the same food but from a separate stash?

WTP and CE are catered separately, though they have a common main course offering (albeit just two choices for WTP). Sitting at the front of the cabin generally helps, except mid-J 747s where front and left matters

MP001 Jul 22, 17 12:51 am

Sausage is gone?

On the BA032 HKG-LHR today in WT+ after about two years, it is sad to see the low level ("not referring to the other IAG airline) of catering nowadays.
It looks like Pretzels, crackers and cheese are gone again, at least not served today or maybe they joining the industrial action.
The most appalling meal is the so called hot breakfast.
Technically it is indeed a hot breakfast but consisting in a piece of bacon, a spoonful of scramble eggs, a soggy hash brown, a piece of mashed tomato. Where's my sausage? I am sure a sausage used to be part of it.
This is accompanied by a half cup of orange juice, a shrank hard muffin-like and tea or coffee.

People will soon ask to have the ambient basket on all routes...

ABJ92 Jul 23, 17 3:00 am

Meals come from a separate stash from the rear. Served pre-orders first then front to back.

criso Jul 31, 17 5:14 pm

It comes to something when the crew apologises for the food before handing it to you. DXB - LHR the other day, overnight. I had eaten in the hotel before heading to the airport so wasn't needing a meal. The snack was a packet of crisps, a packet of Maltesers and a packet of popcorn plus help yourself from a basket of yoghurts, muesli bar or malt loaf bars. The FA said "don't worry, we're not just going to feed you rubbish, there's a proper breakfast before we land"

When I went to the loo, he asked if I wanted something else from the basket - I had another yoghurt.

I do wonder if all these snacks are really cheaper than a nice sandwich with an inexpensive filling like cheese or egg or is it all about storage, not needing refrigerating and don't spoil so you can keep them forever.

On the plus side forgotten how much I like Maltesers especially with a cup of tea.

lostinlondon Aug 23, 17 9:15 am

Two small (positive??!!) changes on the BA 293 this past Monday (LHR-IAD) - cheese + biscuits are back (after coming back, then going...) and the pre-landing tea is now the usual sandwich + kit kat and a rather large bag of crisps. We'll see how long this lasts, though...

williamn78 Aug 23, 17 9:41 am

The problem is the inconsistency, you never know what you're going to get.

Prospero Oct 20, 17 12:51 am

BA106 DXB-LHR (overnight flight) WT+ October 2017

Refreshments service:
Snack box (standard issue containing Corkers Crisps, Popcorn, and full size Twix)
Pass of the snack basket (London Crisp Company flavours)
Tea and coffee plus drinks from the bar
Breakfast service:
Fresh seasonal fruit starter

Choice of
Scrambled eggs with grilled beef steak, beef sausage, sautéed mushrooms, roasted plum tomatoes, and sautéed potato
or
Fresh omelette with sautéed mushrooms, baked beans, grilled tomato and fried potato wedges

Yoghurt, Latticed pastry, orange juice cuplet, butter, Hero strawberry jam, and pass of the bread basket
Tea or coffee

BrianWBrazil Oct 20, 17 2:10 am

Given the similar flying time of 8 hours, is the above layout pretty much what I should expect on my upcoming WT+ flight from JFK-LHR leaving at 23:00? Will it be just a snack immediately after take off? If so, pethaps I should dine at the airport.

The _Banking_Scot Oct 20, 17 2:23 am

Originally Posted by BrianWBrazil (Post 28954675)
Given the similar flying time of 8 hours, is the above layout pretty much what I should expect on my upcoming WT+ flight from JFK-LHR leaving at 23:00? Will it be just a snack immediately after take off? If so, pethaps I should dine at the airport.

Hi,

From Jfk it will be dinner after take off

Regards

Tbs

petteriusa Oct 22, 17 9:10 am

I've ordered an asian vegetarian meal for an upcoming MIA-LHR flight in WTP. Is my meal service now reduced to a standard economy style? What are the odds that a vegetarian meal would be presented as one of the normal choices, and would they let me take it and forgo the pre-ordered meal in that case?

Thanks!

Prospero Oct 22, 17 9:25 am

Originally Posted by petteriusa (Post 28962250)
I've ordered an asian vegetarian meal for an upcoming MIA-LHR flight in WTP. Is my meal service now reduced to a standard economy style? What are the odds that a vegetarian meal would be presented as one of the normal choices, and would they let me take it and forgo the pre-ordered meal in that case?

Thanks!

it will be Club World AVML main dish with standard AVML side dishes. The breakfast service will be similar to the economy offering.

nightman1 Oct 28, 17 1:18 pm

Hi, I'm flying BA175 which leaves at 09.40 - will that be a breakfast service or lunch and does anybody know what the menu would be? Many thanks

andset1191 Oct 28, 17 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by nightman1 (Post 28987912)
Hi, I'm flying BA175 which leaves at 09.40 - will that be a breakfast service or lunch and does anybody know what the menu would be? Many thanks

It's lunch.

nightman1 Oct 28, 17 1:40 pm

Thanks for your reply!