FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Long haul in-flight catering | World Traveller Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1767041-long-haul-flight-catering-world-traveller-plus.html)

Ancient Observer Apr 21, 17 3:40 pm

There is a separate thread about this, so I will keep it brief.
BA 190. Aus to Lhr.
1820 take off time.
Dinner.

Beef or pasta. The pasta was awful. In a cabin full, (42 people) BA only loaded 6 beef.

So the vast majority, 36 out of 42, had awful, tasteless pasta. No other choices.

Breakfast. Inedible muffin-type thing, and some tired shoe leather pretending to be a biscuit.

Innocent Abroad May 23, 17 8:56 am

LHR-TLV (BA165) - May 2017

http://i67.tinypic.com/ixz9xe.jpg

http://i65.tinypic.com/2q3oqqu.jpg

BA6948 May 23, 17 9:43 am

There you, a twitter picture rant about the snack box. It is really appalling that BA thinks it can feed customer with these bomb calories. What are they thinking about? I am sure it is a step to start charging for second meals in the near future. You know BA is an LCC now.

Can I help you May 23, 17 9:47 am

This isn't a meal, it's a snack box served in between the two hot meals that are served on longer flights.

BA6948 May 23, 17 10:53 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you (Post 28348875)
This isn't a meal, it's a snack box served in between the two hot meals that are served on longer flights.

no, that's the second meal offered on floghts less than 8h30. In between meals, you have to purchase your snacks.

Can I help you May 23, 17 11:00 am

No, it's the mid flight snack box if in WT, was their in Plus?

Tu114 May 23, 17 11:18 am

Originally Posted by KLM Said (Post 28212040)
On all KLM intercontinental flights, we welcome you on board with a beverage of choice. Before every meal you receive a nice hot towel for refreshment and an aperitif with nuts. You are then served an hors-d'oeuvre, your choice of one of our two Tasty Blue hot meals and a dessert. With your meal you naturally get a fresh bread roll with butter and cheese. After dinner, we offer complimentary coffee, tea or a liqueur.

On shorter flights, we serve a fresh sandwich or other snack before landing. On longer flights, we serve a second meal. Depending on the time of day this will be breakfast, lunch or dinner. Between meals, we serve you snacks, ice cream or a sandwich. When you would like some more, you can ask the crew for a sweet or savoury snack.

Beverages
We serve hot and cold drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic), including sustainable coffee and tea, soft drinks, fruit juice, beer and specially blended and award-winning wine, together with your meal. Throughout the entire flight, we offer something to drink once every hour.

I appreciate Sr Cruz doesn't agree, but above is what KLM do for longhaul in Economy (not even Premium Economy, not least because they don't have it!)

Note the 'between meals... snacks, ice cream or sandwich' and 'something to drink every hour' not to mention hot towels and nuts.

I can't really see that the drink and mars bar routine to the East Coast is good enough.

As if to add insult to injury, they're also usually cheaper to NYC (at least from AMS).

Can I help you May 23, 17 11:31 am

KLM sounds like an airline that looks after their customers.

Prospero May 24, 17 8:23 am

Originally Posted by BA6948 (Post 28348858)
There you, a twitter picture rant about the snack box. It is really appalling that BA thinks it can feed customer with these bomb calories. What are they thinking about? I am sure it is a step to start charging for second meals in the near future. You know BA is an LCC now.

https://twitter.com/Louiseopus/statu...70188385095681

Was this flight taken in April or May? I ask because WT+ catering saw the return of some previous cut items earlier this month. It would help others if you could also share the route info.

lostinlondon Jun 21, 17 4:46 pm

Currently sat on the 216... no more pre-departure sparking wine?! Sigh...

ckx2 Jun 21, 17 11:17 pm

My recent SIN-LHR/LHR-SIN flights in May and June were missing sparkling wine for PDB.

lostinlondon Jun 22, 17 12:10 am

Originally Posted by ckx2 (Post 28472368)
My recent SIN-LHR/LHR-SIN flights in May and June were missing sparkling wine for PDB.

And looks like AC giveth and taketh away regarding the recently reintroduced and subsequently "enhanced" cheese and biscuits...

BrianWBrazil Jul 5, 17 4:06 am

I am used to flights departing at 23.00 (GIG-LHR) but these are 11 hours duration with minimal time difference. On these, there is a full dinner service and then a full breakfast. So, a question about how it works on much shorter routes.

I have booked a WT+ flight from JFK-LHR (BA182). It's classed as a sleeper service for CW, but what can I expect in WT+? Flight departs at 23.00 and is only just over six hours. Will there be a quick dinner and then lights out? I assume no breakfast will be given due to the short time span (not that I would need any).

bafan Jul 5, 17 7:40 am

Originally Posted by lostinlondon (Post 28472465)
And looks like AC giveth and taketh away regarding the recently reintroduced and subsequently "enhanced" cheese and biscuits...

Yep, they've got to pay for the new CW bedding and amenity kits somehow...

BrianWBrazil Jul 15, 17 7:29 am

I hear it's better to sit towards the front of a cabin to get the best chance of a meal of one's choice. I also hear that WT+ food comes from the CW kitchen. So would that mean that being in the front row of WT+ merely puts your at the back of CW meal choice? My next WT+ flight has 86 CW seats so I wonder what is going be left for us after that. Or is it the same food but from a separate stash?