FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Long haul in-flight catering | World Traveller Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1767041-long-haul-flight-catering-world-traveller-plus.html)

scottishpoet Feb 28, 2017 12:46 am

Originally Posted by Bluesky30 (Post 27965068)
I have a flight in March LHR-IAD 9.40am, anyone flown this recently in WTP and know what the meal is likely to be? Brunch type meal or a lunch meal?

If you are flying WTP from Heathrow you should be able to pre order the choice of main dishes in MMB. Avialable from around 30 days out so I would expect you should be able to see the info for a march flight

PaulJWoodgate Feb 28, 2017 1:12 am

LGW - CPT

Main meal, a choice of 'chicken' or 'beef'. In practice I didn't get a choice. No printed menu.

No snack run, no proactive mid flight offer of water.

A choice at breakfast, English or the supposed healthy option (I don't recall what it was called).

Didn't receive any food for over 2.5 hours after take off. Call bells not being responded to (gave up waiting after 30 minutes). Walking all the way to the back to get some wine was good exercise I suppose!

PaulJWoodgate Feb 28, 2017 1:14 am

Apologies, posted twice in error.

IAN-UK Feb 28, 2017 3:15 am

I was looking forwarded to my very first long-haul WTP experience, but leaving LHR the buggers ruined it by upgrading me to business-class. Drat!

An E261 involuntary upgrade claim is on its way.

No messing about on the way back from Dubai. I was firmly wedged into a completely full WTP cabin on the 10:00-ish morning departure.

Neat little printed menu, then a really nice-but-tiny meze thingy and a lovely fish tajine.

But ... an hour before landing a snack box was handed out: a quite amazingly inappropriate mix of crisps, popcorn and Maltesers. OK, I didn't have to eat the muck: but i just wonder if they couldn't push the boat out and provide a simple sandwich.

Bluesky30 Feb 28, 2017 5:58 am

Originally Posted by scottishpoet (Post 27968191)
If you are flying WTP from Heathrow you should be able to pre order the choice of main dishes in MMB. Avialable from around 30 days out so I would expect you should be able to see the info for a march flight

Thanks, I fly 31st so that should be up in the next few days then. I'll make sure I take some snacks for the afternoon as a twix from the snack box won't fill me up!

I have only ever had drinks ie wine when they come round to do a drinks service, is it acceptable to go to the galley at other times and ask for another glass of wine if I fancy one?

darloscott Feb 28, 2017 6:06 am

WTP meal option for the 109 Heathrow-Dubai overnight in March

Pan fried cod Sayadieh, pumpkin chickpea salouna, Sayadieh rice with pine nuts and musharmel dressing
or
Seared fillet of British beef with Lyonnaise potatoes buttered savoy cabbage, chantenay carrots and peppercorn sauce

IAN-UK Feb 28, 2017 11:33 am

Originally Posted by darloscott (Post 27968965)

Pan fried cod Sayadieh, pumpkin chickpea salouna, Sayadieh rice with pine nuts and musharmel dressing
or
Seared fillet of British beef with Lyonnaise potatoes buttered savoy cabbage, chantenay carrots and peppercorn sauce

.... and a croissant/fruit/yoghurt breakfast. So not bad for a shortish long-haul.

Speedbirdjclass Feb 28, 2017 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by IAN-UK (Post 27970373)
.... and a croissant/fruit/yoghurt breakfast. So not bad for a shortish long-haul.

Is that still breakfast I was expecting a nutrigrain bar .....?

amargrossa Feb 28, 2017 2:31 pm

Was on BA276 HYD-LHR last week and was more than satisfied with the on board offering.

Pre-departure beverage choice of Orange Juice or Water

Main meal was a choice of hot breakfast
Mixed Grill (Scrambled Eggs, Bacon, Sausage, Tomato, Mushrooms)
or Indian Vegetarian
served with Orange Juice, Mango Yoghurt, Cinnamon Roll, and Bread offered from the basket

Around halfway through the flight they handed out snack boxes containing salted crisps, sweet and salty popcorn, and Maltesers

Around 2 hrs prior to landing, a hot lunch was served, choices were vegetarian or a grilled chicken with mashed potato.

IAN-UK Feb 28, 2017 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by Speedbirdjclass (Post 27971197)
Is that still breakfast I was expecting a nutrigrain bar .....?

you're probably right :D Embarrassing: I forgot I'd been upgraded on the outbound: the fruit and stuff was in business - i didn't have any of it, opting to wring the last few minutes of sleep out of the journey.

The return trip was un-upgraded, pure WTP, but daytime.

Jed Feb 28, 2017 4:50 pm

DXB-LHR in WT+ last month- I was quite impressed with the lunch (afternoon departure). Little salad, houmous, mini pitta to start. Then very tasty beef with polenta and red pepper stew, followed by chocolate mousse. The crew were very generous with the drinks- everyone got 'doubles' during the drinks round and they were very obliging with wine too.
The snack box at the end of the flight was ridiculous - tiny piece of fruit cake, tortilla chips, cereal bar and a single Lilly o Briens chocolate along with a mini bottle of water. It would have been much nicer if the snack box had been distributed midway through the flight and then a pre-arrival snack such as a sandwich or roll offered.

aceman Feb 28, 2017 8:41 pm

BA 271 LHR-LAS, choice of beef or chicken pie for lunch (terrible starter, major mayonnaise coleslaw with kale...) with super tiny chocolate mousse dessert.

No wine offered to my half of the cabin, plenty offered to the other side.

Half way into the flight little snack box with crisps, popcorn, and maltesers.

Not long before landing, hot folded pizza slice.

Regular water/oj service. Relatively pleasantly surprised.

Jordan D Mar 2, 2017 11:51 pm

or

This was the WTP lunch offering on the 107 LHR-DXB on Wed 01 Mar. It should've been served with an Asian salad with soy dressing, however the coleslaw with kale (from Feb's menu) was served instead.

The pre-dinner snack box was a mess ... (Photos to follow in separate thread, with a fuller story)

Positive point was double on the drinks and some very tasty Cava.

Elegance645 Mar 3, 2017 1:14 am

or

Which if it makes you feel better is the same menu in First Class.......on the same route this March. Ive opted for the Beef.

Prospero Apr 21, 2017 1:17 pm

BA107 LHR-DXB (daytime flight) WT+ April 2017

LUNCH
STARTER
Asian style slaw with soy dressing

MAIN
Pan fried cod sayadieh with sayadieh rice, pumpkin and chickpea salona, pine nuts and musharmel dressing
or
Seared fillet of British beef with chantenay carrots, Lyonnaise potatoes, buttered savoy cabbage and peppercorn sauce

DESSERT
Chocolate pot

AFTERNOON TEA
Coronation chicken sandwiches and a KitKat

BA104 DXB-LHR (daytime flight) WT+ April 2017

LUNCH
STARTER
Meze plate of hummus and fattoush

MAIN
Seared beef fillet with Choron sauce, aubergine, red pepper confit, broccoli rabe and baked polenta
or
Pan fried Dory fish fillet with creamy pesto sauce, coriander rice and ratatouille vegetables

DESSERT
Chocolate mousse cake with raspberry coulis

REFRESHMENTS served prior to arrival
Snack box containing Corker’s crisps, popcorn, and Maltesers