FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Long haul in-flight catering | World Traveller Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1767041-long-haul-flight-catering-world-traveller-plus.html)

lostinlondon Aug 23, 2017 8:15 am

Two small (positive??!!) changes on the BA 293 this past Monday (LHR-IAD) - cheese + biscuits are back (after coming back, then going...) and the pre-landing tea is now the usual sandwich + kit kat and a rather large bag of crisps. We'll see how long this lasts, though...

williamn78 Aug 23, 2017 8:41 am

The problem is the inconsistency, you never know what you're going to get.

Prospero Oct 19, 2017 11:51 pm

BA106 DXB-LHR (overnight flight) WT+ October 2017

Refreshments service:
Snack box (standard issue containing Corkers Crisps, Popcorn, and full size Twix)
Pass of the snack basket (London Crisp Company flavours)
Tea and coffee plus drinks from the bar
Breakfast service:
Fresh seasonal fruit starter

Choice of
Scrambled eggs with grilled beef steak, beef sausage, sautéed mushrooms, roasted plum tomatoes, and sautéed potato
or
Fresh omelette with sautéed mushrooms, baked beans, grilled tomato and fried potato wedges

Yoghurt, Latticed pastry, orange juice cuplet, butter, Hero strawberry jam, and pass of the bread basket
Tea or coffee

BrianWBrazil Oct 20, 2017 1:10 am

Given the similar flying time of 8 hours, is the above layout pretty much what I should expect on my upcoming WT+ flight from JFK-LHR leaving at 23:00? Will it be just a snack immediately after take off? If so, pethaps I should dine at the airport.

The _Banking_Scot Oct 20, 2017 1:23 am

Originally Posted by BrianWBrazil (Post 28954675)
Given the similar flying time of 8 hours, is the above layout pretty much what I should expect on my upcoming WT+ flight from JFK-LHR leaving at 23:00? Will it be just a snack immediately after take off? If so, pethaps I should dine at the airport.

Hi,

From Jfk it will be dinner after take off

Regards

Tbs

petteriusa Oct 22, 2017 8:10 am

I've ordered an asian vegetarian meal for an upcoming MIA-LHR flight in WTP. Is my meal service now reduced to a standard economy style? What are the odds that a vegetarian meal would be presented as one of the normal choices, and would they let me take it and forgo the pre-ordered meal in that case?

Thanks!

Prospero Oct 22, 2017 8:25 am

Originally Posted by petteriusa (Post 28962250)
I've ordered an asian vegetarian meal for an upcoming MIA-LHR flight in WTP. Is my meal service now reduced to a standard economy style? What are the odds that a vegetarian meal would be presented as one of the normal choices, and would they let me take it and forgo the pre-ordered meal in that case?

Thanks!

it will be Club World AVML main dish with standard AVML side dishes. The breakfast service will be similar to the economy offering.

nightman1 Oct 28, 2017 12:18 pm

Hi, I'm flying BA175 which leaves at 09.40 - will that be a breakfast service or lunch and does anybody know what the menu would be? Many thanks

FlyerTalker6245 Oct 28, 2017 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by nightman1 (Post 28987912)
Hi, I'm flying BA175 which leaves at 09.40 - will that be a breakfast service or lunch and does anybody know what the menu would be? Many thanks

It's lunch.

nightman1 Oct 28, 2017 12:40 pm

Thanks for your reply!

mjh0 Nov 30, 2017 3:17 pm

Out of interest, I seem to recall at one point being given bottled water after the meal service in WTP. Am I imagining that? If I'm not, and we used to be, has that been taken away?

Prospero Nov 30, 2017 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by mjh0 (Post 29119447)
Out of interest, I seem to recall at one point being given bottled water after the meal service in WTP. Am I imagining that? If I'm not, and we used to be, has that been taken away?

IME, I receive one bottle of water - most of the time it is provided with the meal service but occasionally it is handed out shortly afterwards.

mjh0 Dec 1, 2017 12:53 am

Originally Posted by Prospero (Post 29119504)
IME, I receive one bottle of water - most of the time it is provided with the meal service but occasionally it is handed out shortly afterwards.

Thanks, wasn't dreaming it then - and is distinct from the water ration (cuplet/mini-bottle) supplied with the main meal itself.

Didn't happen on my flight back from Joburg on Weds eve then.

criso Dec 1, 2017 1:31 am

Originally Posted by mjh0 (Post 29120990)
Thanks, wasn't dreaming it then - and is distinct from the water ration (cuplet/mini-bottle) supplied with the main meal itself.

Didn't happen on my flight back from Joburg on Weds eve then.

I've had this with the meal service and instead of the small cup on the WT tray.

A while back I pre-ordered a main and a mix up meant that I got the WTP main on a WT tray so while everyone else had a small bottle of water, cheese and biscuits and a bread roll from the basket, mine came with a sealed cup of water, no cheese and biscuits and a pre wrapped roll. It wasn't a problem as the crew remedied it when I pointed it out.

amndflyer Dec 11, 2017 9:27 am

Phx-LHR

I am flying world traveler plus from phx-lhr. I thought this should give the option of choosing a meal beforehand, but when i log onto BA I see "You will be served complimentary food and drinks on-board, although you won’t be able to order your meal in advance for this flight."

Does anyone know if this flight typically has a pasta dish as a meal option? Or should I do a special order of a vegetarian meal?

tedcruz Dec 11, 2017 9:35 am

Originally Posted by amndflyer (Post 29160511)
I am flying world traveler plus from phx-lhr. I thought this should give the option of choosing a meal beforehand, but when i log onto BA I see "You will be served complimentary food and drinks on-board, although you won’t be able to order your meal in advance for this flight."

Does anyone know if this flight typically has a pasta dish as a meal option? Or should I do a special order of a vegetarian meal?

You should be able to choose a special meal. If not, from the first post it looks like the pasta option will be on board as the complimentary meal. Check out the vegan thread to see more on what,s offerd vegan wise.

Speedbirdjclass Dec 11, 2017 11:38 am

Economy meals are meant to be having a major upgrade in January - will this include WT + ??

rockflyertalk Dec 11, 2017 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by Speedbirdjclass (Post 29161075)
Economy meals are meant to be having a major upgrade in January - will this include WT + ??

Good question - which leads to other questions, as the WTP mains are from the CW menu, (if thats still the case?) So does this mean WTP meals will eventually get the new Do&Co CW meals, currently being rolled out on US routes? or will the improvements in WT be served up in WTP?

DELLAS Dec 12, 2017 6:15 am

BA2036 MCO-LGW

http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/a...psye3efwhv.jpg
http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps0rch2g80.jpg

lostinlondon Dec 14, 2017 1:18 pm

BA 217
LHR-IAD
December 2017
Just flew the BA 217 to IAD. Fantastic flight - had the bulkhead window in WTP, with no one sat next to me. Wonderful, proactive crew. If only every BA flight were like this. One small thing - the 'thyme jus' was missing from my main, though I saw it on the tray of the passenger across from me. Otherwise, no complaints whatsoever and the food was tasty and very reasonable in portion.

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...e31c84d1b6.jpg
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...dbf5d58b66.jpg
You'll note there's no thyme jus... Not quite sure why it keeps cutting off since the website revamp, but the starter was nice but a bit small - bland looking but tasted nice.
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...807eb56ec6.jpg
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...a3a7c1412c.jpg

williamn78 Dec 14, 2017 1:45 pm

It seems odd that the second 'meal' in WTP has been upgraded back to the sandwich of old, yet 'breakfast' on TATL flights remains a tiny Soreen, the same at WT.

lostinlondon Dec 14, 2017 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by williamn78 (Post 29174525)
It seems odd that the second 'meal' in WTP has been upgraded back to the sandwich of old, yet 'breakfast' on TATL flights remains a tiny Soreen, the same at WT.

FWIW I've never flown WTP westbound in the past 2 years and *not* had the sandwich, though perhaps the sides have gotten enhanced then re-enlarged?

MPH1980 Dec 14, 2017 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by rockflyertalk (Post 29161556)
Good question - which leads to other questions, as the WTP mains are from the CW menu, (if thats still the case?) So does this mean WTP meals will eventually get the new Do&Co CW meals, currently being rolled out on US routes? or will the improvements in WT be served up in WTP?

I did ask this question when the CW upgrade occurred on the JFK route. Short answer was that WTP was getting the old CW mains for the time being. I can't believe that's sustainable as they are going to be catering WTP specifically. The entire point was that it was a WT tray with a CW main.

So I suspect the general tray improvements will make their way from WT to WTP (if there are any) and the second meal too. We just have to wait and see. As for what happens to the mains ... I dunno. Do&Co probably want to protect their catering and serving the same meal straight in a tray probably wouldn't go down well with them. It also depends how the Do&Co meals are being loaded. Maybe we will end up with special catering in WTP after all.

xenole Dec 24, 2017 4:38 am

They were doing a sort of Xmas dinner instead of the chicken option mentioned on the menu on my LHR-BOS flight yesterday.

Turkey or chicken. Not sure as white meat.
Some bit of stuffing so probably a stuffed Turkey roll that was sliced.
Sprouts that were cooked, roast potatoes, carrot, pig in blanket, mince pie with a tub of clotted cream.
Usual cous cous type thing and cheese / crackers. Bread basket offered.

Drinks runs. Tray or juice etc. offered at the start of the flight and a couple of hours from the end.
Crisps, jaffa cake bars, Cadbury chocolate bars, small wraps offered about am hour or so from landing.

http://i.imgur.com/cbFEASL.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/yN6lkP2.jpg

corporate-wage-slave Dec 24, 2017 5:00 am

We don't get many Christmas meal photos here (hint hint) so thanks for that. Definitely turkey by the way. A chicken with that level of breast meat would fall over.

Forever in Seattle Dec 24, 2017 12:21 pm

They swapped Chicken for Turkey on my TATL yesterday (in J, so I assume it was on offer to W also). I didn't order it so no photo, but the beef I had wasn't the usual shoe leather, and sort of slow cooked I guess as it fell apart.

The_Doctor Feb 4, 2018 9:27 am

Sorry if this question has been answered elsewhere, what should be my expectation currently for the second meal service in WTP (LHR-SJC)? Have the previous "enhancements" been addressed yet or do I need to come prepared!

Many thanks in advance!

corporate-wage-slave Feb 4, 2018 9:36 am

You may be forgiven for thinking this is a slightly confusing answer, but essentially WT catering has been improved somewhat, and there are several tales of people now getting as much food as they can eat in WT. If you look at this thread, as far as I can tell there are only a few direct reports from WT (and one was someone on a vegetarian diet) whereas there are quite a few reports - toward the end - of WTP catering. Essentially the WTP main meal is still the plated WT meal but with a CW option, and then the various extras from WT generally come through to WTP too. The Magnum isn't guaranteed but seemingly is being delivered. See posts approx 175 onwards.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...rovements.html

WTP is have a revamp later this year, including (if what I've been told is correct) further "catering distinctiveness" from WT. I suspect the reach of these changes will be greater than they were for WT.

S_W_S Feb 17, 2018 8:50 am

I was just wondering what (if anything) is offered on BA72 AUH to LHR as it departs at 01:50 and lands at 06:30.

fly747first Feb 19, 2018 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by williamn78 (Post 28725529)
The problem is the inconsistency, you never know what you're going to get.

ON WT+ IAD-LHR, is it true that BA doesn't serve any breakfast at all and you just get the main dinner service and nothing else?

lostinlondon Feb 20, 2018 12:56 am

Originally Posted by fly747first (Post 29436619)
ON WT+ IAD-LHR, is it true that BA doesn't serve any breakfast at all and you just get the main dinner service and nothing else?

No... as of late November, was the carbs on carbs breakfast box thing.

Jed Feb 20, 2018 3:09 am

Originally Posted by S_W_S (Post 29427382)
I was just wondering what (if anything) is offered on BA72 AUH to LHR as it departs at 01:50 and lands at 06:30.

Just took this flight back home in WT+...

orange juice or water pre-departure

drinks round and small sandwich wraps post take-off. Immediately before drinks round, the CSM came round and asked if there was anything he could do for us, to which I enquired whether it would be possible to have a glass of champagne. He said 'of course'. Thumbs up when he promptly delivered a couple of glasses of LPGS from F. Service was great from all the crew.

Snack boxes delivered with the drinks round - popcorn, crisps, Twix

Plenty of juice and water in the back galley, along with biscuits, kit Kat, cadburys chocolates etc.

Hot breakfast just over an hour before landing- horrid but we ate in the arrivals lounge thanks to gold status.

Overall, we were impressed with the offering

S_W_S Feb 20, 2018 5:36 am

Originally Posted by Jed (Post 29437287)
Just took this flight back home in WT+...

orange juice or water pre-departure

drinks round and small sandwich wraps post take-off. Immediately before drinks round, the CSM came round and asked if there was anything he could do for us, to which I enquired whether it would be possible to have a glass of champagne. He said 'of course'. Thumbs up when he promptly delivered a couple of glasses of LPGS from F. Service was great from all the crew.

Snack boxes delivered with the drinks round - popcorn, crisps, Twix

Plenty of juice and water in the back galley, along with biscuits, kit Kat, cadburys chocolates etc.

Hot breakfast just over an hour before landing- horrid but we ate in the arrivals lounge thanks to gold status.

Overall, we were impressed with the offering

Thanks for that, yes it does sound pretty decent given the flight timings, to be honest I wasn't expecting much to be offered.
I'll be gold by the time of the flight, so fingers crossed for similar treatment from the CSM! :) I'm connecting up to LBA after so I'll probably have breakfast in the first lounge.

fly747first Feb 20, 2018 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by lostinlondon (Post 29437052)
No... as of late November, was the carbs on carbs breakfast box thing.

And what does the breakfast box contain? I'm booked in WT+. Personally, I can't stand the Club World seats and I'm not impressed by BA F, so will probably just stick to WT+.

Cap'n Benj Feb 20, 2018 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by fly747first (Post 29439970)
And what does the breakfast box contain? I'm booked in WT+. Personally, I can't stand the Club World seats and I'm not impressed by BA F, so will probably just stick to WT+.

if you can’t stand a CW aisle seat, I’m afraid you’re not going to be happier in WT+. Although I guess your wallet will be!

Id plan on eating on the ground if I were you, if the option is the box

fly747first Feb 21, 2018 8:30 am

Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj (Post 29440070)

if you can’t stand a CW aisle seat, I’m afraid you’re not going to be happier in WT+. Although I guess your wallet will be!

Id plan on eating on the ground if I were you, if the option is the box

It's a short flight... I can just eat the main WT+ meal with what BA claims should include options from the Club World menu and then I'll bring my own sandwich for breakfast. :)

lostinlondon Feb 21, 2018 10:32 am

Originally Posted by fly747first (Post 29439970)

A stuffed bagel thing, a granola bar, and IIRC raisins? Not great, indeed.

Dicksbits Feb 21, 2018 10:46 am

WTP cabin half empty both ways LHR - IAD in Jan when I flew it. Second service of sandwich outbound and box thing on return for brekkie was not quite what I'd expect. Virgin premium economy get proper afternoon tea with cakes - not a box thrown at you. Not impressed at all. Snack box may have made its way around Y but didn't come into our cabin, and no CSM greeting either way as a Gold member.

williamn78 Feb 21, 2018 12:46 pm

Must admit the breakfast bagel is pretty horrible. I don't understand why its so hard to provide a cheap (this is BA after all) and tasty breakfast. Personally I would be fine with yoghurt and fruit.

kwisstan Feb 23, 2018 8:45 am

Ba108 dxb-lhr 23.02

Some pictures from the WT+ offering on the delayed 10.05 service from Dubai.
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...e82dc2ec2d.jpg

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...091ec707b7.jpg
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...4765ae6c0a.jpg
Nice enough, although I would have preferred less whole chick peas and more hummus.

Snack box:
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...2955a2697d.jpg
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...216c69225e.jpg

Did disturb me that the Corners packet was the wrong way around you opened the box.

Just a quick edit to add, the crew served more than enough Vodka and Coke Zero for me.