FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Long haul in-flight catering | World Traveller Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1767041-long-haul-flight-catering-world-traveller-plus.html)

scottishpoet Jan 15, 17 2:30 pm

BA49 Feb 15th 2017- from the pre order menu

Seared fillet of British beef with cauliflower and potato frittata, rosemary roasted carrots, herb sugar snaps and port wine sauce

British chicken and leek pie with turned caramelised swede, roast celeriac and chicken jus

Innocent Abroad Jan 16, 17 2:20 am

BA 162 (TLV-LHR), December 16

http://i63.tinypic.com/359d3xt.jpg

http://i66.tinypic.com/2ufat79.jpg

gypsyjaney Jan 18, 17 5:01 pm

Barbados

I'm flying WTP to Barbados from LGW in 2 weeks time.. Does anyone know what the food offering is likely to be? Just wondering in case I need to pack a picnic! It's the BA2155. (10.30 am). Looking forward to the new lounge ... But will make sure I only take one teabag.

britsv Jan 18, 17 6:40 pm

BA 287 LHR-SFO Jan 2017
We received an ambient snack box half way through the flight (not listed on the menu) in addition to the lunch (two choices from the CW menu) and the hot snack (pizza wrap) with tea & coffee before landing. Although the ambient snack (muffin, cheese-its, ranch dressing dip and a snack bar) wasn't great quality, we certainly got a decent amount of food in total. Is that new?

af101 Jan 27, 17 4:46 am

Does LHR-ORD count as east coast (for meal + ambient snack), or does it give something more substantial as second meal? (Looking at the midday departure to be precise)

travisw Jan 31, 17 8:55 pm

I'm taking the day flight JFK-LHR in WTP in the coming weeks. I am assuming its breakfast and then snack basket prior to arrival? Or is there a more substantial snack prior to arrival? I imagine people are hungrier on day flights than overnight, which is why I ask. Need to know whether I should pick up some things to eat at the airport, as I won't want a substantial meal on arrival. But want more than just an omelette all day. Thanks!

scottishpoet Feb 17, 17 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by scottishpoet (Post 27765719)
BA49 Feb 15th 2017- from the pre order menu

Seared fillet of British beef with cauliflower and potato frittata, rosemary roasted carrots, herb sugar snaps and port wine sauce

British chicken and leek pie with turned caramelised swede, roast celeriac and chicken jus

Lunch

Coleslaw with british curly kale
choice as above
chocolate and salted caramel pot

There was butter on the tray but neither bread nor rolls were available. Not really sure what the butter was for

Afternoon tea (served in snack box)
Coronation chicken sandwiches
scone with jam and cream

BA6948 Feb 18, 17 12:44 am

Originally Posted by travisw (Post 27847363)
I'm taking the day flight JFK-LHR in WTP in the coming weeks. I am assuming its breakfast and then snack basket prior to arrival? Or is there a more substantial snack prior to arrival? I imagine people are hungrier on day flights than overnight, which is why I ask. Need to know whether I should pick up some things to eat at the airport, as I won't want a substantial meal on arrival. But want more than just an omelette all day. Thanks!

Unfortunately, it is going a mars or twice bar only before landing. Before my JFK flight, I bought crisps to go with my first drink, a 1 litre of water to keep myself hydrated through the flight and a sandwich to go with the ambient snack before landing. Very poor service from BA.

scottishpoet Feb 20, 17 2:55 pm

BA294/ BA 296

Dinner
Mozzarella and tomato with pesto

Porcini stuffed breast of chicken with French beans, potato wedges, baby carrots and red wine jus
or
Spinach polenta crepes with grilled wild mushrooms and Parmesan cream sauce

Black Forrest Gateau

breakfast
cottage cheese pretzel

Globaliser Feb 27, 17 9:31 am

BA27 / BA31 LHR-HKG WT+ February 2017

Dinner
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]

Breakfast
A light meal will be served prior to arrival, including juice, tea and coffee

Globaliser Feb 27, 17 9:33 am

BA28 / BA32 LHR-HKG WT+ February 2017

Dinner
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]

Breakfast
A light meal will be served prior to arrival, including juice, tea and coffee

Bluesky30 Feb 27, 17 10:49 am

I have a flight in March LHR-IAD 9.40am, anyone flown this recently in WTP and know what the meal is likely to be? Brunch type meal or a lunch meal?

Can I help you Feb 27, 17 10:55 am

It will be lunch, I haven't seen the March menus yet.

Bluesky30 Feb 27, 17 11:09 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you (Post 27965092)
It will be lunch, I haven't seen the March menus yet.

Thanks, would you mind posting if you do see the march menus?

Can I help you Feb 27, 17 11:11 am

Will do.