FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Long haul in-flight catering | World Traveller Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1767041-long-haul-flight-catering-world-traveller-plus.html)

tartempion Sep 20, 16 6:11 pm

westcoast2015,

I was on 18sept YUL-LHR leaving 22.00 in WTP
full dinner 1h after take of.
Had a lousy salad, good ravioli (forgot the other choices, I was sleepy, also don't remember what desert, I guess I ate it....), also got 2 bottles of drinkable white wine and found a small bottle of water at my feet after waking up a bit.
1h before landing they came with some cake I refused (went for breakfast in T5 GF)
I did like the seats for 4h, after that got pain in the *** and could not sleep any more.
Happy to travel J on Qatar early oct.

BahrainLad Sep 25, 16 9:37 am

I'm on a LHR-JFK in a couple of weeks and fortunately have managed to avoid WTP for a few years. It's a 1805 departure. I'm not expecting much and am planning on getting a plane food picnic, but am I right in thinking the service routine will be something like

- drinks
- main meal with wine on the trolley. Hot element will be CW?
- duty free
- afternoon tea of drinks and a mini chocolate bar from the basket?

Far Siren Sep 25, 16 12:44 pm

Yesterday on BA 99 LHR-YYZ, the main meal was suspiciously missing the cheese & crackers - have they been enhanced?

The second "meal" was a snack basket with mini chocolate bars and shortbread.

Oxon Flyer Sep 25, 16 7:28 pm

West Coast USA -> LON; Sep 2016

BA48/52/194/196/218/268/282/2036/2038

STARTER
Tomato and mozzerella salad with pesto basil dressing

MAIN
Pan-roasted fillet of Midwest beef with creamy spinach risotto, roasted baby vegetables and roasted pepper demi-glace
Four-cheese ravioli with sautéed spinach, sautéed mushrooms and creamy tomato sauce

DESSERT
Strawberry swirl cheesecake

BREAKFAST
Light refreshment

Starter was OK, though tomatoes were a bit hard
Beef was lovely and tender, veg and risotto tasty, a good dish.
Cheesecake was small, thin slice, and oversweet, almost artificially so. Not very nice at all. Really needed some fresh fruit or compote to sharpen it up.
No cheese or crackers.

Breakfast was a soggy bagelly thing with a thin spread of cream cheese inside (disgusting) and a honey & oatmeal breakfast bar.

Apart from the main, very disappointing.

danboy767 Sep 26, 16 5:06 am

Originally Posted by Far Siren (Post 27261374)
Yesterday on BA 99 LHR-YYZ, the main meal was suspiciously missing the cheese & crackers - have they been enhanced?

The second "meal" was a snack basket with mini chocolate bars and shortbread.

Cheese and Crackers have certainly been enhanced along with the Pretzels to accompany drinks. Thanks to Mr Cruz!!

Egoldstein Sep 26, 16 5:56 am

Originally Posted by danboy767 (Post 27264063)
Cheese and Crackers have certainly been enhanced along with the Pretzels to accompany drinks. Thanks to Mr Cruz!!

For those of us who regularly take long haul on WT or WTP, due to company policy, cumulative enhancements have been noticeable: pretzels, cheese and biscuits, water bottle changed to cuplet, toothbrushes, second meal, yogurt on very long flights when breakfast is the second meal changed to a mini chocolate bar, tuck boxes gone from the galley.

I recently took Virgin Atlantic on a 8.5 hour flight (because it was cheapest) and was impressed that they still had virtually all of the above (including a mid-flight ice cream).

Sussex Flyer Sep 29, 16 4:33 am

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer (Post 27262653)
BA48/52/194/196/218/268/282/2036/2038

STARTER
Tomato and mozzerella salad with pesto basil dressing

MAIN
Pan-roasted fillet of Midwest beef with creamy spinach risotto, roasted baby vegetables and roasted pepper demi-glace
Four-cheese ravioli with sautéed spinach, sautéed mushrooms and creamy tomato sauce

DESSERT
Strawberry swirl cheesecake

BREAKFAST
Light refreshment

Starter was OK, though tomatoes were a bit hard
Beef was lovely and tender, veg and risotto tasty, a good dish.
Cheesecake was small, thin slice, and oversweet, almost artificially so. Not very nice at all. Really needed some fresh fruit or compote to sharpen it up.
No cheese or crackers.

Breakfast was a soggy bagelly thing with a thin spread of cream cheese inside (disgusting) and a honey & oatmeal breakfast bar.

Apart from the main, very disappointing.

Flew BA282 LAX-LHR last Tuesday, main meal was as above (agree with Oxon Flyer comments re beef and cheesecake). Breakfast was quite substantial, orange juice pot, choice of cheese omelette or full English (sausage, bacon, hash brown), small muffin, tea or coffee. Not bad.

Innocent Abroad Oct 11, 16 6:32 am

Sharing photos of two recent meals (BA 66 - PHL-LHR, BA165 LHR-TLV), which were great:

http://i65.tinypic.com/1q09xs.jpg
http://i68.tinypic.com/xoi3vb.jpg

http://i63.tinypic.com/2zz86c1.jpg
http://i65.tinypic.com/vcyjrr.jpg

Edit - I was asleep when the breakfast box was handed out on BA66 so cannot comment on it.

kaka Oct 11, 16 1:53 pm

Ba31 4oct
From my hazy memory... (Im sure i was half asleep when i was eating)
Dinner
Salad
Steak w mushroom risotto
Or
Chicken w rice
Chocolate moouse

Bottled Water (the purple bottlr from the scottish mountains i think)

Breakfast
English breakfast
Chinese breakfast (congee)

ttama Oct 12, 16 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by Egoldstein (Post 27264194)
For those of us who regularly take long haul on WT or WTP, due to company policy, cumulative enhancements have been noticeable: pretzels, cheese and biscuits, water bottle changed to cuplet, toothbrushes, second meal, yogurt on very long flights when breakfast is the second meal changed to a mini chocolate bar, tuck boxes gone from the galley.

I recently took Virgin Atlantic on a 8.5 hour flight (because it was cheapest) and was impressed that they still had virtually all of the above (including a mid-flight ice cream).

I spoke to a friend today who travelled BA WTP to Tobago recently with their family, and said they were extremely hungry and dehydrated by the end of the journey, not having thought they needed to bring their own supplies.

Innocent Abroad Nov 22, 16 6:20 am

BA163 (LHR-TLV), Mid December:

Starter
Kaleslaw

Main
Roasted supreme of corn fed chicken with polenta crespelle, wilted kale and baby vegetables

Grilled fillet of Atlantic cod on balsamic infused lentils with parsley potatoes and saffron cream sauce

Dessert
Little pot of chocolate salted caramel

MsCapricorn Dec 23, 16 10:03 am

First time in WTP ☹️

Travelling DXB to LHR on the 10am flight. What food will be served?

williamn78 Dec 23, 16 7:02 pm

Last time I took BA 99 (LHR-YYZ) there was no second meal at all, not even a snack, just tea and coffee and other drinks. Was starving after one meal in 8 hours.

Air Canada serves hot and quite tasty savoury wraps for the second meal (better than the sandwiches which BA used t offer)

flygirl16 Dec 24, 16 3:50 am

Originally Posted by MsCapricorn (Post 27654044)
First time in WTP ☹️

Travelling DXB to LHR on the 10am flight. What food will be served?

I was on the DXB - LHR flight earlier this month in WTP and we were served lunch just after take off then the snack box prior to arrival at LHR

MsCapricorn Dec 24, 16 3:53 am

Originally Posted by flygirl16 (Post 27657283)
I was on the DXB - LHR flight earlier this month in WTP and we were served lunch just after take off then the snack box prior to arrival at LHR

Thank you