FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Long haul in-flight catering | World Traveller Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1767041-long-haul-flight-catering-world-traveller-plus.html)

williamn78 Nov 4, 18 2:12 pm


Originally Posted by no2blues (Post 30388931)
From the IAG Capital Markets Day slides (slide 114).

WT Plus catering & soft
product upgraded from Q1


That's Q1 2019. I have no more information than that I'm afraid.

I wonder if that means 'rolled out over a 2 year period like CW'... considering upgrading a Feb LA flight and would be far more likely to if the soft product were to improve.

SLGO Nov 12, 18 8:04 pm


Originally Posted by no2blues (Post 30388931)
From the IAG Capital Markets Day slides (slide 114).

WT Plus catering & soft
product upgraded from Q1


That's Q1 2019. I have no more information than that I'm afraid.

This is good to hear. While the first meals are generally a real step up from economy, the second one needs some improvement.

SHT88T Dec 10, 18 1:35 pm

BA33 LHR - KUL on 28 November
Dinner
Starter:
Coronation potato and cauliflower salad

Mains:
Braised British Beef with potato dauphinoise, broccoli and chasseur sauce, or
Stir-fried prawns in pumpkin and sweetcorn sauce with cauliflower, garlic scented brocolli and steamed rice

Dessert:
Malted Chocolate pot, or
Bulterís secret Cheddar with biscuits

Breakfast
Full english or cheese omelette with orange just and a small muffin.

BA34 KUL-LHR on 8 December
Dinner
Starter:
Shrimp cocktail

Mains:
Chicken Satay with cashew nut sauce, rice and pickled veg, or
Macadamia crusted cod fillet with red pepper sauce, brocolli and duchess potato

Dessert:
Mixed berry crumble with creme anglaise

Breakfast
Choice between a mixed grill or an omelette with orange juice and a chocolate muffin.

Somewhat of a fail occured on BA34. Upon boarding two annoucements were made stating there were passengers onboard with severe nut allergies. Any passenger who had brought nuts aboard should refrain from eating them until arrival in the terminal at LHR. WTP menuís were then handed out with both main courses containing nuts.

no2blues Dec 10, 18 1:52 pm


Originally Posted by SHT88T (Post 30519672)
BA33 LHR - KUL on 28 November
Dinner
Starter:
Coronation potato and cauliflower salad

Mains:
Braised British Beef with potato dauphinoise, broccoli and chasseur sauce, or
Stir-fried prawns in pumpkin and sweetcorn sauce with cauliflower, garlic scented brocolli and steamed rice

Dessert:
Malted Chocolate pot, or
Bulterís secret Cheddar with biscuits

Breakfast
Full english or cheese omelette with orange just and a small muffin.

BA34 KUL-LHR on 8 December
Dinner
Starter:
Shrimp cocktail

Mains:
Chicken Satay with cashew nut sauce, rice and pickled veg, or
Macadamia crusted cod fillet with red pepper sauce, brocolli and duchess potato

Dessert:
Mixed berry crumble with creme anglaise

Breakfast
Choice between a mixed grill or an omelette with orange juice and a chocolate muffin.

Somewhat of a fail occured on BA34. Upon boarding two annoucements were made stating there were passengers onboard with severe nut allergies. Any passenger who had brought nuts aboard should refrain from eating them until arrival in the terminal at LHR. WTP menuís were then handed out with both main courses containing nuts.

:rolleyes: You couldn't make it up...

rockflyertalk Dec 31, 18 7:50 am

Jfk - lhr ba172
 

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...95ab148ce.jpeg
Iíll add a photo of the menu details as Iím sure thatís more helpful
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...5b7af4dfa.jpeg
The curry was tasty but only 2 tiny pieces of chicken. Incredibly poor quantity. Iím all about quality over quantity but thereís a balance.
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...dcfe91a23.jpeg
These were both good. Salad and desert.
For unknown reason we were late to board despite the aircraft and crew on time. We started boarding at 20.40, when scheduled push back was 20.55. Boarding went ok, although Group boarding wasnít announced until they realised they needed to announce it as the gate became a scrum!

Anyhow we pushed back in decent time and landed 15mins early. As Iím sure most are aware itís a very short overnight flight. The crew had 3 challenging customers in Y who needed more attention than unusual. Luckily CW goes dark and most are undoubtedly trying to sleep therefore a spare crew member from CW came down and served WTP to help out with the ongoing pax issues.

I was row 36 and despite being a small cabin on a high J 747, the meat based main course had run out by row 35. No idea why, I really fancied some meat rather than a no-meat option. So I was kindly offered the chicken curry from WT.

Overall pretty disappointing main. The other oddity I hadnít realised was the 747 high J refurb had the older WTP Seats, are there many in the 18 that were refurbed?!


rockflyertalk Dec 31, 18 9:40 am

Jfk - lhr ba172
 
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...bcab75745.jpeg
Added to above post. Menu card for WTP Dec 18

williamn78 Jan 2, 19 5:19 am

The above looks like a Y meal, not a WTP meal? But the metal cutlery suggests a WTP tray. Weird!

Can I help you Jan 2, 19 5:23 am


Originally Posted by williamn78 (Post 30598475)
The above looks like a Y meal, not a WTP meal? But the metal cutlery suggests a WTP tray. Weird!

From the OPs post.

I was row 36 and despite being a small cabin on a high J 747, the meat based main course had run out by row 35. No idea why, I really fancied some meat rather than a no-meat option. So I was kindly offered the chicken curry from WT.

williamn78 Jan 2, 19 5:36 am


Originally Posted by Can I help you (Post 30598482)


From the OPs post.

I was row 36 and despite being a small cabin on a high J 747, the meat based main course had run out by row 35. No idea why, I really fancied some meat rather than a no-meat option. So I was kindly offered the chicken curry from WT.

Oh...clearly not yet awake!

TTmex Jan 2, 19 8:26 am

Got served Mexican TampiqueŮa style beef on MEX LHR the other night. Generally was ok, but going the other way a couple of months back had a chicken curry that was excellent. I also love the little POTS they serve for dessert out of LHR.

CKBA Feb 2, 20 12:51 am

Recent LHR-BWI (BA229):
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...21e01a5b97.jpg
The Chettinad Chicken (good - although not up to BA's usual curry standard I feel...)
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...154fc80cf4.jpg

The Braised Beef - very good (I'm assured, despite the looks!)
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...d73fdb0275.jpg

bafan Feb 2, 20 7:28 am

Not familiar with the current service in WTP and WT, so grateful if someone could enlighten me as to what the ‘light refreshment’ is...? Thanks

Can I help you Feb 2, 20 7:33 am

On day flights it’s normally a pizza and on breakfast flights a hot wrap.

LapLap Feb 20, 20 8:17 am

Penultimate menu from
BA6 NRT-LHR Wed 19th Feb 2020 - lunchtime Ďdayí flight.

Verdict - very good. Fillet of beef main was rather better than a Weatherspoonsí meal. The Sukiyaki was enjoyable too.


https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...b8845e493.jpeg

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...ab115613d.jpeg
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...d0df361e4.jpeg


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 2:30 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.