FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Long haul in-flight catering | World Traveller Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1767041-long-haul-flight-catering-world-traveller-plus.html)

Can I help you May 12, 18 11:54 am

After 6pm we have tuck boxes before 6pm ice creams.

Palmer May 31, 18 1:50 pm

Deleted

CosmosHuman Aug 5, 18 2:43 pm

Iím on BA112 this November, JFK-LHR, in WT+. I think flight leaves at 18:30 or so, so I think dinner will be served. I usually eat high protein and low carb, and always prepared with supply of Quest bars, but I really would have a nice meal.
Iíve had the diabetic meals on Delta, and theyíre awful. I looked at the multiple special meals on BA, and canít figure out which would be best for me. The kosher may work out, but not sure. Iíd surely be greatful for any suggestions.
If it matters, I strive for 100g protein per day.

Can I help you Aug 5, 18 2:57 pm

I cannot workout what type of meal you are looking for and why a kosher meal might work?
You will get a full hot dinner with a choice probably of a meat dish or a vegetarian one.

CosmosHuman Aug 5, 18 3:15 pm

I’m looking for a high protein meal, which doesn’t exist. I’m in the second row of WT+, and will just select the non-veg option. The kosher won’t have pork, and I don’t eat roast pork, but do eat bacon. My friend orders kosher and it’s chicken or beef, which works for me.

Ancient Observer Aug 5, 18 3:20 pm

Last time I was in WT+ they ran out of beef in the very front row.
The alternative was basic pasta that had once had some vegetable waved near it.
Order in advance if you want to eat!

CosmosHuman Aug 5, 18 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by Ancient Observer (Post 30050686)
Last time I was in WT+ they ran out of beef in the very front row.
The alternative was basic pasta that had once had some vegetable waved near it.
Order in advance if you want to eat!

I thought only regular meals could be ordered if you fly out of LHR? I know special meals can be ordered. Am I missing something?

Mikey Mike Mike Aug 5, 18 6:20 pm

YYZ to London. (god help you!!). currently salad - all lettuce with one piece of tomato, chicken in blackbean sauce (very salty and usually over cooked or veggie canneloni, roll, some vile choc cake with yukky artifical cream. Pre drinks, plenty of wine. Breakfast is that foul pretzel roll with cream cheese, with T&Cs and juice.
Drinks in plastic but wine in glass. No prosecco from Toronto - only boarded on OW flight - clearly a shortage of fridges in YYZ as they manage the bubbly for Biz and First
From LGW / LHR - usually steak, and veggie pasta. 2nd meal - same as economy. I'd seriously eat in the lounge in toronto and get an extra hour's kip

There is no way on earth the main meal and especially the entree could be called a biz meal or better catering....

Ancient Observer Aug 6, 18 6:35 am

"That foul pretzel" is worse than that. I have no words to describe its awfulness.

RobDBA Aug 6, 18 7:00 am

Originally Posted by Ancient Observer (Post 30052441)
"That foul pretzel" is worse than that. I have no words to describe its awfulness.

The foul Pretzel was evident on my return from Boston last week - I hope the upcoming improvements to WT+ include the second meal, this abhorrent mess is nowhere near WT worthy, I'd be embarrassed if I worked for BA and had to hand this out to WT+ pax.

(the mixed grill breakfast given as the main meal (it was the day flight) was really quite nice).

bigwalrus Aug 6, 18 7:29 am

I didn't mind the "foul pretzel". Not the most refined of snacks but it did the job at 5.30am (12.30am NY time) to give me a bit of energy before landing. I don't think I'd have fancied anything more substantial at that time.

williamn78 Aug 6, 18 12:22 pm

That pretzel is almost inedible. Why not just a yogurt, some fruit, a cereal bar?

Andriyko Aug 6, 18 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by CosmosHuman (Post 30050706)

I thought only regular meals could be ordered if you fly out of LHR? I know special meals can be ordered. Am I missing something?

No, you are not missing anything. You won't be able to pre-select a standard meal. You can pre-order a special meal, but since you correctly pointed out that a meal that you want does not exist I'd consider eating at the airport before the flight.

Prospero Aug 6, 18 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by Andriyko (Post 30053823)
No, you are not missing anything. You won't be able to pre-select a standard meal. You can pre-order a special meal, but since you correctly pointed out that a meal that you want does not exist I'd consider eating at the airport before the flight.

I'd pretty much echo this. I understand the beef dish tends to be a popular choice and consequently a higher ratio of beef is loaded whenever its on the menu. I would guess the beef portion is typically about 60g to 70g uncooked so when cooked would probably convert to 10g to 15g of protein with trace levels of protein in the gravy.

CosmosHuman Aug 6, 18 2:13 pm

Well, I ordered the Kosher meal, and will purchase a back-up just in case.