Working at DUB

Old May 19, 16, 4:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Working at DUB

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I am going to find myself spending several hours at DUB on a Monday, before my 16:10 BA flight to LCY, during which time I will need to work (emails, phone calls etc.)

I've had a think about various options and tbh the least bad seems to be going airside and working from a lounge (I have a BA Gold card).

So my questions are:

(a) Are there any restrictions at DUB on how long before my flight I can go into the lounge (as reported at e.g. GLA) ?

(b) Which lounge has the best facilities ? I will have laptop - just need wifi, power and a quiet corner !

Thanks in advance
Old May 19, 16, 4:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
(b) I don't think you have a choice. It is the DAA lounge in T1. I find the left side a bit nicer.
Old May 19, 16, 4:30 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
The DAA lounge has a business type area on the left hand side. I have used it several times when I have a long wait while doing an ex-DUB trip.
Old May 19, 16, 4:34 am

Programs: BMI Dimond club, BA Executive Club
They advertise max 3 hours in the lounge so you might have to leave and go to a different lounge. More than likely if it is not busy they will leave you alone.
Old May 19, 16, 4:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
This is relevant http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26373916-post746.html

I think chris1979 arrived at ~1100 and wasn't departing until 1900.
Old May 19, 16, 4:39 am
27R

Programs: Programmes. Please!
Originally Posted by pacenotes View Post
They advertise max 3 hours in the lounge so you might have to leave and go to a different lounge. More than likely if it is not busy they will leave you alone.
I was in there for 4 1/2 hours on a Sunday in April. No mention of a time limit.
Old May 19, 16, 4:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Thanks guys, very helpful
Old May 19, 16, 6:19 am

Programs: DL: Diamond, AA: Executive Platinum and Marriott: Ambassador
I was there on 6 hours in January after completing a ex-EU run and waiting for my flight back to London - I had no issue
Old May 19, 16, 6:47 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Accor Sil, Black Cineworld Unlimited, Tastecard
I did indeed once work from the DUB lounge for 8/9/10 hours (WW was there that day as well) and initially they told me I would have to leave after 3 hours and check-in again but I think she realised how silly that suggestion was as she was telling me and I just stayed and worked and worked and worked and worked.

not something i'll repeat in a rush but possible (and I have a reputation amongst the CCR staff that I am the one who's always working in the Boardroom so I think I am doing something wrong from everyone else on here when it comes to lounges......)
Old May 19, 16, 6:47 am

Programs: EI AC Silver, BAEC Gold
There are plenty of hotels with regular and free shuttle buses if you wanted to get out of the airport for a while. In fact the Maldron and Radisson are in walking distance.

Also there are two DAA lounges in Dublin one in T1 and one in T2 although they are actually not that far form each other(5 mins walk). I guess the entrance requirements for both are the same and if you just wanted a change in scene you could try the T2 one for a while also.
Old May 19, 16, 6:50 am

Programs: EI AC Silver, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by chris1979 View Post
I did indeed once work from the DUB lounge for 8/9/10 hours (WW was there that day as well) and initially they told me I would have to leave after 3 hours and check-in again but I think she realised how silly that suggestion was as she was telling me and I just stayed and worked and worked and worked and worked.

not something i'll repeat in a rush but possible (and I have a reputation amongst the CCR staff that I am the one who's always working in the Boardroom so I think I am doing something wrong from everyone else on here when it comes to lounges......)
I feel the pain! Airport lounges and even planes themselves are just different types of an office. I am constantly in situations where I have a free bar and rarely ever get to sample some of the very nice offerings.
Old May 19, 16, 7:10 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors, BAEC Gold
I will be surprised if the time constraints are built into the BA customer usage of the lounge. It will more apply to the 20 euro on the door and other lounge schemes so I think it'll be fine. Once facing the reception desk of the T1 DAA lounge the left hand area (or lounge as I call it) is better designed for working, although I'm sure you'll figure that out once there.

Search this Thread