FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Which BA routes aren't served daily? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1766787-ba-routes-arent-served-daily.html)

HIDDY May 18, 2016 5:08 pm

Which BA routes aren't served daily?

News of the new SCL four times a week route got me thinking as to which other routes aren't served on a daily basis throughout the year?
I only know of EZE.

callum9999 May 18, 2016 5:17 pm

I got as far as Biarritz, Chania, Chengdu, Faro and Grand Cayman Island before getting too bored to continue looking through the OneWorld Timetable!

Ldnn1 May 18, 2016 5:19 pm

Lots! N.B. in your neck of the woods GIG has been reduced to 5 weekly from this winter.

HIDDY May 18, 2016 6:17 pm

More than I thought. ^

golfmad May 18, 2016 8:36 pm

Add Tampa to that list.

LDNConsultant May 19, 2016 12:57 am

Split as well

Flexible preferences May 19, 2016 1:16 am

Muscat was announced as going to 5 times a week non-stop recently.

Palermo is twice a week I believe.

TyneTraveller May 19, 2016 1:35 am

If seasonal routes count Santorini was the most recent one I was looking at, operating sat/sun/wed/thurs.

Swiss Tony May 19, 2016 1:41 am

Costa Rica & lots of the Caribbean routes...

corporate-wage-slave May 19, 2016 1:43 am

Yes a lot of the LGW services, quite a lot of LCY service are not daily (ANE, UIP, CMF) and much of these wonderful T5 beach destinations are in there. Ditto the ski destinations like FDH. Also the Iberia Express services slowly creeping into T5. Asturias anyone? (Really cheap fares, incidentally). My generally approach is if I have to think what airport code is CMF, it probably won't be daily!

Now the implications is that for weekend and other short trips there can be problems linking up a suitable schedule. I did Bergerac recently:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...gerac-egc.html
which is actually do-able, but you do have to watch the timings, particularly given in this case Bergerac is quite dead on a Mondays.

The other implication is that if irrop'd somewhere like this, BA may get lumped with hotel bills for several days if they cancel a service.

scottishpoet May 19, 2016 1:57 am

KRK was 4 times a week last summer, 3 times a week over the winter

Currently daily

Ziz May 19, 2016 2:00 am

Porto I think.

Door1Left May 19, 2016 2:10 am

Some long haul ex LHR which are not daily services:
CTU, LAD, NAS, GCM

Regards
D1L

Moist May 20, 2016 7:37 am

MRU is only x 3 I believe.

HIDDY May 20, 2016 7:54 am

Even more than I thought.

I used to think whenever a service was reduced from daily to 4 or 5 weekly it meant it was one step away from being axed altogether but it would seem some routes can be run successfully at a reduced frequency.

travellingblade May 20, 2016 7:56 am

KEF (Reykjavík) is only 3 times a week from LHR too.

opalfruit May 20, 2016 8:32 am

Originally Posted by travellingblade (Post 26655031)
KEF (Reykjavík) is only 3 times a week from LHR too.

Not for much longer it won't be - it's going daily from October.

ENTP May 20, 2016 8:51 am

Methinks Malta should go daily again following their generous douze points for us in last weekend's Eurovision.

fourspoons May 20, 2016 9:12 am

To my continued annoyance, the LGW-GOA route does not fly on Tuesdays for some reason

Hoch May 20, 2016 9:17 am

Originally Posted by fourspoons (Post 26655484)
To my continued annoyance, the LGW-GOA route does not fly on Tuesdays for some reason

That annoyance reminds of the time when PHX did not have a flight on Wednesdays. Well, for a period there was, then wasn't and now there is again (since spring of 2015 I'm thinking).

H

Nimrod1965 May 20, 2016 10:42 am

Deleted

Greenpen May 20, 2016 11:04 am

MEX is not daily either. Don't think anyone has mentioned it.

propitious May 20, 2016 12:12 pm

PLS twice a week, based on recent experience of looking for flights.

Door1Left May 20, 2016 12:17 pm

Flights that are not daily certainly can and do make revenue for the airline, many short haul routes started off less than daily, as did some long haul and as business on said route picked up, frequencies rise.

Some routes cannot be served daily due to government restrictions. LAD is a prime example of a route only served twice per week which does (or did) generate considerable revenue but which cannot be operated more than twice weekly without negotiation with the Angolan authorities.

On a side note, the crews often love a route not served daily, again particularly on long haul as we get longer in said destination ;)

Regards
D1L

Can I help you May 20, 2016 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by Greenpen (Post 26656155)
MEX is not daily either. Don't think anyone has mentioned it.

It currently is.

mrvincent May 20, 2016 2:49 pm

KLX. Seasonal and only 3 a week, I think.

sebanto2001 May 20, 2016 2:54 pm

YUL, 6 flights a week if I am not wrong

Edit
Just checked and I am wrong but last winter it was definitely 6 days a week, back to 7 now.

Greenpen May 20, 2016 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by Can I help you (Post 26656647)
It currently is.

Gosh, so it is! LHR to MEX every day and in an aeroplane that features F.

When I last flew there it was three flights a week so the demand for Mexico must be much higher. Great, it's a nice place.

Only1BD May 20, 2016 4:05 pm

Over winter EZE is indeed not daily; however the summer timetable is daily. Only reason I know is I flew on the last Thursday during the winter schedule earlier this year. My bags flew on the next flight which I thought (and hoped!) was Friday....turned out it was Saturday! Luckily BA EZE ground staff were excellent regarding the delayed baggage, so it wasn't too big a hassle.
POS is another non daily.

subject2load May 20, 2016 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by Moist (Post 26654949)
MRU is only x 3 I believe.

And IIRC (others may perhaps confirm/deny ...?) many years ago it was actually only a twice-weekly - and as such a very strong favourite with crew. Not surprisingly ! In the days before cost-control and cutbacks, they would be left to enjoy a 3 or 4 day layover on the lovely Mauritian beaches ;) But I also seem to think that some time later BA management introduced dead-heading arrangements back to DXB where they would be rostered for other sectors.

(MRU was always linked with SEZ ......but I imagine it's all different now.....)

brentford77 May 25, 2016 4:03 am

Originally Posted by opalfruit (Post 26655230)
Not for much longer it won't be - it's going daily from October.

Thanks goodness! Tough building my trips there around BA schedule. Next week ended up on wow and FI so daily will be a big help!