FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Maximising F to experience T5 & T3 Lounges (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1766517-maximising-f-experience-t5-t3-lounges.html)

MasterP0 May 17, 2016 2:49 pm

Maximising F to experience T5 & T3 Lounges

DEPARTURE: T3 - BA0207 - LHR-MIA - 10H40
ARRIVAL: T3 - BA0206 - MIA-LHR - 17H05

• Flying F on both flights.
  • I will have my car with me (if this makes any difference, I'm parking at T3 Short Stay)

1. I would like to try out the T5 Concorde Room I aim to get to T5 at 8am.
  2. Then to hurry back to T3 to try out their F Lounge (I've booked a spa treatment for 09h40)
  3. Upon returning to the UK, I'd like to try out T5 Arrivals Lounge.

How can I turn this into a reality?

(apologies, I've searched but am struggling to find the answers)

mikebg May 17, 2016 2:52 pm

You will not be able to get airside in T5 if your flight leaves from T3.

Sorry ... :(

KARFA May 17, 2016 2:52 pm

1. Not possible, to go airside at T5 you need to have a bp for a flight leaving T5. You need to check in and go airside at T3.

3. Actually you have no choice on this one if you want to use an arrivals lounge since the AA one in T3 is closed for refurbishment so all eligible passengers must go over to T5 to use BA's arrival lounge.

flatlander May 17, 2016 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by MasterP0 (Post 26640525)
DEPARTURE: T3 - BA0207 - LHR-MIA - 10H40
ARRIVAL: T3 - BA0206 - MIA-LHR - 17H05
[*]I would like to try out the T5 Concorde Room I aim to get to T5 at 8am.

You can't do that. With flights from T3 you will not be allowed airside at T5.

crazy8534 May 17, 2016 2:59 pm

1. As above. Sorry. :(

2. You can try all 3 F lounges in T3 (AA flagship, BA GF and CX F if it is back open- late June I think is the plan)

3. The good news is that you will be able to use the T5 arrivals Concorde breakfast area and order an infinity bath!

KARFA May 17, 2016 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by crazy8534 (Post 26640586)
1. As above. Sorry. :(

2. You can try all 3 F lounges in T3 (AA flagship, BA GF and CX F if it is back open- late June I think is the plan)

3. The good news is that you will be able to use the T5 arrivals Concorde breakfast area and order an infinity bath!

Not to be a downer again, but I have heard the reopening of the CX lounge is now in July (that's what the chat on the CX board seems to be). Sorry.

allturnleft May 17, 2016 3:23 pm

' The good news is that you will be able to use the T5 arrivals Concorde breakfast area and order an infinity bath!'

Is this still an option when the AA lounge is open?
What is the AA arrivals lounge like; surley it lacks an equivalent of the arrivals concorde room

flatlander May 17, 2016 4:02 pm

AA arrivals lounge was fairly simple: showers, canteen-style eating area, limited but adequate buffet breakfast. I expect them to return with a higher grade of interior decoration and so on with essentially the same service offering, but I may yet be surprised.

Non-NonRev May 17, 2016 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by allturnleft (Post 26640723)
Is this still an option when the AA lounge is open?

Yes, your incoming F longhaul boarding pass will admit you to either the AA or the BA lounge.

For the T5 lounge, make your way from T3 once you have entered the UK (Immigration and Customs). Any checked luggage will need to be brought with you from T3, so plan accordingly.

NickB May 18, 2016 2:59 am

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 26640607)
Not to be a downer again, but I have heard the reopening of the CX lounge is now in July (that's what the chat on the CX board seems to be). Sorry.

Now confirmed to be August, it would seem.

KARFA May 18, 2016 3:03 am

Originally Posted by NickB (Post 26643061)

Bummer.

crazy8534 May 18, 2016 4:00 am

Originally Posted by NickB (Post 26643061)

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 26643071)
Bummer.

Oooowrf...:(

I am next in T3 at the start of July and was hoping to be one of the first in the newly refurbished CX F lounge.
That's it! I am never flying gratuitously using CX's lounges for my own benefit again.
At least until they re-open...;) :p

frank_poulankh May 18, 2016 6:56 am

Does anyone know when the AA Arrivals Lounge is due to reopen? I've recently fluked an AA F seat (JFK- LHR) in July; ideally, the AA lounge will still be closed and I'll be "forced" to use the Concorde Breakfast Room.

Tobias-UK May 18, 2016 7:10 am

Originally Posted by frank_poulankh (Post 26643696)
Does anyone know when the AA Arrivals Lounge is due to reopen? I've recently fluked an AA F seat (JFK- LHR) in July; ideally, the AA lounge will still be closed and I'll be "forced" to use the Concorde Breakfast Room.

You'll be forced to use the regular BA Arrivals Lounge, I'm afraid the BA Concorde Breakfast Room is for BA First passengers and CCR Cardholders only.

Non-NonRev May 18, 2016 7:18 am

Originally Posted by frank_poulankh (Post 26643696)

Not sure if the AArivals reopening date has been announced.

Are you arriving on AA or on BA? Only travellers arriving on a BA longhaul in F get access to the Concorde Breakfast Dining Room. All others can build their 'full english' at the buffet, and have use of the showers and the spa.