Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No BA lounge access in Palermo

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2016, 3:14 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Sixt Gold, Alitalia Ulisse, AMEX,
Originally Posted by Greenpen
Palermo is a horrible place to visit. BA has got it right by trying to discourage people by having no lounge. Policy bang on!
Is this just your opinion or is it a statement that can somehow be proven?
Old May 20, 2016, 3:51 am

I think it is an opinion based on a visit. Worse pizza ever eaten (well, most of it uneaten), we were both sick, a bar tried to rip us off on beer prices, there were slums in the city centre and not much to do there. I have also visited the city by yacht; no diesel was available and once we got sailing a gale blew up.

On the other hand, if one had had one's honeymoon in the city, one might think it the greatest place on Earth.

I have no immediate plans to visit Palermo!
Old May 20, 2016, 4:44 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
BA at CTA, aka the city with the oddest Sheraton I have ever stayed at, which is also in Sicily, also does not offer lounge access.

Originally Posted by Greenpen
I have also visited the city by yacht; no diesel was available and once we got sailing a gale blew up.
No diesel bit is bad (I'm surprised though) but the gale is hard to blame on Palermo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.