A380 - Best CW seats for disembarkment at LHR

Old May 17, 16, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
A380 - Best CW seats for disembarkment at LHR

Hi,
I am flying MIA-LHR in October on the A380 in Club World. I have a 1hr 40min connection time to a domestic flight up to Glasgow and since the MIA flight arrives at T3, I would like to get us off the aircraft as quickly as possible to transfer to T5.

I would prefer to try the upper deck CW seats on the A380, however not sure if the CW seats on the main deck would be best for getting off quicker, or are there air bridges connected to the upper deck also?

Any experience of this would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old May 17, 16, 10:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche
53K/53A are rearward facing window seats. The centre pair there too, or indeed the whole of row 53. I'd imagine that would be pretty quick, though not sure if the T3 gates connect to the upper deck for all the gates BA uses there.
Old May 17, 16, 11:46 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, QR Insider, SQ Gold, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
I seem to recall a member of crew once telling me that the Main Deck doors cannot be opened until the jetty is attached to the Upper Deck - so I'd imagine sitting upstairs would be better for a quick dash to T5.
Old May 17, 16, 12:50 pm

Programs: BA GGL (no longer CCR), Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond
53 A/B or 56 A/B.
Old May 17, 16, 11:19 pm

Programs: FB Plat; BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by msm2000uk View Post
I seem to recall a member of crew once telling me that the Main Deck doors cannot be opened until the jetty is attached to the Upper Deck - so I'd imagine sitting upstairs would be better for a quick dash to T5.
Similar to my understanding, I was told upper deck jetty connected then lower but they open the lower deck first to allow First passengers off.

That was certainly my experience in my few trips, upstairs in CW I've been off around the same time as some Y passengers ( I made assumptions, big school parties, etc) on the lower deck. At immigration in SFO there were a lot of people ahead of me for it only to be F and CW.

In 4A I was first off after the upper deck jetty was connected then lower deck.

Personally I would choose lower deck close to 2L for a quick exit.
Old May 18, 16, 2:03 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
At LHR the upper deck door is always opened first, then 2L and lastly 1L. This is because of the positioning of the airbridges. So, if you want off quickly, upper deck is your best bet.

Last edited by Atlantic 101; May 18, 16 at 2:04 am Reason: Typo

Search this Thread