AMS: Fast track security for BA passengers

Old Jul 17, 2018, 10:49 pm

I am extremely interested in this : If I have a Crowne Club Membership I can use KLM lounges flying Easyjet from Amsterdam? That's fantastic!

How does it work to get to the gate? I never figured out how to access M gates except from dirty departures , at least for Schengen flights I have been OOL. Is there a way to get from D to M or E to M without exiting and reclearing security

Originally Posted by baccarat_king
BA Gold (yes, I've jumped to the "other side!"),
and Delta Diamond which includes SkyClub membership. SkyClub membership allows access to KLM Lounges as long as you have a scheduled ticket for that day. (so, can even use the KLM Lounge when flying EasyJet....)

Old Jul 17, 2018, 11:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
You are quoting a post that is over 2 years and a lot can change in that time e.g. The KLM lounge 52 is being refurbished and access is being limited. In any case your question would best be asked of the KLM board.

and this page on the KLM website makes no mention of such access if not flying sky team

https://www.klm.com/travel/gb_en/pre...ess_policy.htm

Last edited by UKtravelbear; Jul 17, 2018 at 11:22 pm
Old Jul 18, 2018, 12:36 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
I continue to go through AMS frequently and I just don't recognise the rude security attitude mentioned above. They're certainly less rude than the TSA and than most English security. They are, perhaps, less likely to actively say things like "please, sir, may I search your bag" but that's not being rude. I have to wonder if that's the problem for some people, or if some passengers are just up-front un-cooperative and confrontational, or if they consider secondary search to be some sort of great affront to them.

AMS security is thorough, and is more fussy about keys and coins than most airport security. Even knowing this, my rate of secondary search there is higher than Heathrow - often simply because my set of laptop cables and accessories gets looked at. So knowing this, if you separate out into a separate tray the following, you will have an easier time: keys, wallets/purses with change, laptop chargers and cables, empty water bottle, and (computer) tablet keyboard as well as the usual liquids, things-that-look-like-liquids, (computer) tablets, and laptops.
rossmacd and PJSMITH0 like this.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 9:37 am
Original Poster

Revolutionary experience today!

Anyone tried the new fast track security lane (one furthest from entrance, closest to the Fast Track entry?

Where has this technology been all my life!

No liquids and electronics out of bag, scanner can scan then in bag!

Last edited by flyer200; Jul 20, 2018 at 9:46 am
Old Jul 22, 2018, 4:16 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by flyer200
Revolutionary experience today!

Anyone tried the new fast track security lane (one furthest from entrance, closest to the Fast Track entry?

Where has this technology been all my life!

No liquids and electronics out of bag, scanner can scan then in bag!
And it turns out that LHR is the next one to get this new scanner, in trial mode, after successful trials in JFK and AMS. These are Computed Tomography (CT) scanners, which can see and identify liquids more quickly than existing processes, and therefore do not need to be taken out of the bag. I don't know which terminals or where they are going to be deployed, but I think HAL have only got a few of these devices and will need to do a trial before all security lanes will have access. My guess that the First Wing would be a prime candidate for this, along with T2 Fast Track./ Gold Track. For the time being the advice is to assume that liquids need to come out.

If I find out that the CT scanners are definitely coming to T5 or T3 I will set up a separate thread.
flyer200 likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

article in The Guardian about the scanners
Old Aug 23, 2018, 10:17 am

Programs: BA Gold
Hi, and sorry to ask a question that may be from a couple of years ago.

Does AMS have a fast track security for BA (and checkin?). I'll be on the BA0433 at 1755 from AMS in a few weeks. From experience is it likely to be busy at that time?

I cant see anything listed on BA web site, and all i find for AMS is Privium or a Concierge service.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 11:35 am

Programs: Mucci Platinum Hairbrush des Bonnes Nouvelles. BA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, AA LTS, KL LTPt, Easy Flight Club
Hi NeilP.

There is fast-track / CE check-in (at T3) and also fast-track security although for the latter it's quickest to back-track and go via departures 2 rather than via Departures 3. That way you also drop out just by the BA lounge after passport control.

As mentioned above there is a new scanning system for fast track (choose the right hand lane if you want to give it a go). However, in my experience the new system can still take some time as there is clearly a learning curve for this machine tho it's getting better. But just to manage your expectations, AMS fast-track isn't a patch on T5 First / Gold and it will be busy at that time so I wouldn't cut it too fine.

Cheers. Fritz
Old Jan 25, 2019, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

Good news, the new scanners are rolled out for everyone!
Old Jul 10, 2019, 11:46 am
Original Poster

I know this is a bit naughty but mods are asleep.

Is it worth picking up Privium membership as I go thorough AMS all the time?

I'm BA Gold.
I just wanted to bump my own question.

Is Privium worth it? Yes, it really is.

Flight has a multi hour delay. BA lounge is heaving with drunk British businessmen in bad moods. Priviium airside is a sea of tranquility. Quiet, clean, healthy food.

I'd pay my previum every year just for occasions like these although the biometric queue jumping still makes me smile every time
Old Jul 11, 2019, 4:14 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
If you are a Brit probably not worth making the investment now though for 112 days of access.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Airprox
If you are a Brit probably not worth making the investment now though for 112 days of access.
I'm confused. Can you explain?
Old Jul 11, 2019, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

probably a poor reference to the B thing that is supposed to be happening at the end of October.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 3:45 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
I'm confused. Can you explain?
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
probably a poor reference to the B thing that is supposed to be happening at the end of October.
Yes sorry I should have been more clear, the last time I checked there was no arrangement already made for the United Kingdom to be added to the list of non-EU countries that permits Privium membership along with Liechtenstein, Switzerland, Norway and Iceland. Hopefully they might get it sorted with the delay, or shortly after Brexit date, although having said that they still haven't got around to bringing in in eligibility changes they promised in 2018.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.