FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Bitter Lemon no more? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1763825-bitter-lemon-no-more.html)

Beany May 4, 2016 11:06 am

Bitter Lemon no more?

I flew back to JFK last night in F and was told I couldn't have a Bitter Lemon as its no longer carried onboard. I've had Bitter Lemon on BA for years and enjoyed one sat on the CCR terrace a few hours earlier.

Has this now been enhanced away?

AJLondon May 4, 2016 11:12 am

Dang it! The only drink I have on most BA flights is bitter lemon. (And occasionally a glass of the dessert wine in F.)

TyneTraveller May 4, 2016 11:19 am

Really, I do hope not. It does beg the question over the last few months of why bother going through all the hassle of replacing the Schweppes product with Britvic version if it's being discontinued anyway.

HIDDY May 4, 2016 11:40 am

Lack of demand? I didn't even know they served it.

Can I help you May 4, 2016 11:47 am

Not true.

Airprox May 4, 2016 11:51 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you (Post 26576946)
Not true.

Phew!

Beany May 4, 2016 11:52 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you (Post 26576946)
Not true.

Thanks CIHY, good to know i was told the wrong information.

Why is another question for a different thread.

Can I help you May 4, 2016 12:14 pm

I don't think they have it on shorthaul routes, which route were you on?

AJLondon May 4, 2016 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by Can I help you (Post 26577075)
I don't think they have it on shorthaul routes, which route were you on?

I think JFK per the OP.

Good to know it is still available on longhaul. ^

zanderblue May 4, 2016 12:34 pm

I have to admit, that I always pick up a can in the lounge when I'm headed to a short haul flight.^

Can I help you May 4, 2016 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by AJLondon (Post 26577114)
I think JFK per the OP.

Good to know it is still available on longhaul. ^

Teach me not to read things properly.

francismc May 4, 2016 12:56 pm

I remember overhearing a person asking for bitter lemon on a flight a couple of years ago.

The customer asked for a bitter lemon and received a slice of lemon in a glass. The staff member thought they asked for a 'bit of lemon'. :D

Prospero May 4, 2016 2:14 pm

I enjoyed my glass of Bitter Lemon in Club Europe just a few days ago.

missdimeaner May 4, 2016 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by francismc (Post 26577311)
I remember overhearing a person asking for bitter lemon on a flight a couple of years ago.

The customer asked for a bitter lemon and received a slice of lemon in a glass. The staff member thought they asked for a 'bit of lemon'. :D

:D 'four candles' with that ? ;)

LondonElite May 4, 2016 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by TyneTraveller (Post 26576814)
Really, I do hope not. It does beg the question over the last few months of why bother going through all the hassle of replacing the Schweppes product with Britvic version if it's being discontinued anyway.

Britvic is disgusting. Many years ago, I did a bit of work for the company and even the senior managers admitted they couldn't stand the stuff (whether juice or mixer).