Community
Wiki Posts
Search

On Business

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2016, 6:18 am
Original Poster

On Business

I am not sure how the on business works? would it affect my personal account at all? what are the benefits to my company of I join? I do like all the avios and tier points I collect, especially when I get up to gold and maintain. It also allows for a yearly trip from Canada to France for my wife and I on avios which I do not want to loose.
Old May 2, 2016, 6:23 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by karcer
I am not sure how the on business works? would it affect my personal account at all? what are the benefits to my company of I join? I do like all the avios and tier points I collect, especially when I get up to gold and maintain. It also allows for a yearly trip from Canada to France for my wife and I on avios which I do not want to loose.
Hello karcer. On Business is a parallel programme for businesses and has no bearing on your personal account at all. Having said that, in my experience, the latest incarnation of the On Business programme is virtually worthless.
Old May 2, 2016, 6:29 am

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold, LH FTL, FBP, CCG, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by golfmad
Having said that, in my experience, the latest incarnation of the On Business programme is virtually worthless.
Yup. Not even worth the time it takes to enter the OB details into the booking imho.
Old May 2, 2016, 6:32 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Originally Posted by golfmad
Hello karcer. On Business is a parallel programme for businesses and has no bearing on your personal account at all. Having said that, in my experience, the latest incarnation of the On Business programme is virtually worthless.
It does not cost anything aside from 10-20 mins to set up and just add your flights when you book so you may as well. Just a quick check and since Jan I have earned enough for a return to AMS in Y.

You can also not get the points and get a 5% discount on fares.

Last edited by Worcester; May 2, 2016 at 6:38 am
Old May 2, 2016, 6:43 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the very quick response
Old May 2, 2016, 9:50 am

Programs: Meh
My advice: Don't bother.
Old May 2, 2016, 10:07 am

I just spent all my OB points and I don't think I'll bother collecting any more. The earn rate is pitiful as a small business.
Old May 2, 2016, 10:10 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
I joined some time ago, and have ignored it ever since. The incentives might work for some. Not me!
Old May 2, 2016, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
This seems a relatively odd attitude, to be honest.

a) however you look at it, you are getting free points

b) you get better reward availability than you get via Avios (more marginal for a BA Gold, big difference for Silver and below) and - at times - that can be very valuable. I save my points for those days when I can't get an Avios seat but must fly.

I did an overview of the scheme and how I value the rewards last month - http://www.headforpoints.com/2016/04...ss-reviewed-2/ - fundamentally you are looking at 1 OB point being worth 2-4 Avios.

That means 2p-4p of value per £1 you spend with BA. Not hugely valuable but certainly worth claiming for the 10 seconds it takes to add your number.

New members get TRIPLE points on their first 6 flights, so 6p to 12p of value per £1 spent. That is a decent return, especially if they are expensive sectors.

The only point I would concede is that premium cabin redemptions are now worthless. 2,200 points Y return to Hamburg = a decent deal to me if there are no Avios seats, whilst 10,400 points Club Europe return to Hamburg is just a joke.
Old May 2, 2016, 12:46 pm

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Originally Posted by Raffles
This seems a relatively odd attitude, to be honest.

a) however you look at it, you are getting free points

b) you get better reward availability than you get via Avios (more marginal for a BA Gold, big difference for Silver and below) and - at times - that can be very valuable. I save my points for those days when I can't get an Avios seat but must fly.

I did an overview of the scheme and how I value the rewards last month - http://www.headforpoints.com/2016/04...ss-reviewed-2/ - fundamentally you are looking at 1 OB point being worth 2-4 Avios.

That means 2p-4p of value per £1 you spend with BA. Not hugely valuable but certainly worth claiming for the 10 seconds it takes to add your number.

New members get TRIPLE points on their first 6 flights, so 6p to 12p of value per £1 spent. That is a decent return, especially if they are expensive sectors.

The only point I would concede is that premium cabin redemptions are now worthless. 2,200 points Y return to Hamburg = a decent deal to me if there are no Avios seats, whilst 10,400 points Club Europe return to Hamburg is just a joke.
They are also more flexible than Avios as you can book them for anyone in your company. I agree it's going take years to build up sufficient points for a trip for 5 to Sydney in F, but none the less still useful.
Old May 2, 2016, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Given the 3-year hard expiry, I think 'years' can be safely read as 'never'!
Old May 2, 2016, 2:21 pm

Programs: Meh
Originally Posted by Raffles
Given the 3-year hard expiry, I think 'years' can be safely read as 'never'!
The expiry is key. I have to spend 25000 points by the end of the year, so will just blow the stack on an F redemption and be done with it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.