Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I would like to see BA fly to ...

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2018, 12:39 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, *A Gold
Would be doing me a huge favour if they could come to Antananarivo (TNR)
Pretty please ?
Old Oct 10, 2018, 2:05 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
For purely selfish reasons (Mrs T could visit her sister) Jacksonville, Fl. (JAX)
Old Oct 10, 2018, 2:09 am

Some flights between NCL-LGW, especially outbound in the morning and return in the evening, would go a long way to opening up the range of interesting (and cheap) weekend destinations.

By the time one transits LHR-LGW, or gets to EDI for the connection, you lose a good chunk of the day in each direction.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 8:28 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
Originally Posted by TedToToe
Boeing Vertols? LHR - LGW was operated by a Sikorsky S61 registered G-LINK. The M25 put paid to her operating career.
My bad - you're absolutely right having double checked my facts. BEA / BAH did own and operate the Vertols (Scilly Isles and Oil Rig flights) and for some reason I had thought that that was also what they used for 'airlink' but S61s is the right answer apparently.

I still thing it'd be a much nicer way to do a transfer although presumably prohibitive setup and running cost has prevented it being a goer over the years...
Old Oct 10, 2018, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH SEN, EK ex-Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by richardwft
Where is ZUR?
Generic code for Zurich which covers both ZRH and ZLP (railway station).
Old Oct 10, 2018, 12:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Niš would be nice! INI
Old Oct 10, 2018, 1:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Cw novice
Weekend Whisky tasting trips using spare BACF E170's going STN-ISL , out Saturday morning back Sunday evening. Perfect place for a weekend and a few drams.

Believe the runway at ISL is the right size for the E-170
which location is that ?
Old Oct 10, 2018, 1:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by PIKnic

which location is that ?
I believe Cw novice may mean Islay which is home to some of Scotland's best distilleries but with an IATA code of ILY, not ISL!
Old Oct 10, 2018, 1:42 pm

I would love to see BA relaunch Bodrum, and go back to year-round service on Calgary. I would also love to see some a few mid-haul routes launch/return, including Tbilisi. Eilat or Aqaba might also be interesting from Gatwick for holidaymakers.

Last edited by makin'miles; Oct 12, 2018 at 8:46 am
Old Oct 11, 2018, 2:06 am

Programs: BA Gold
SGN or HAN would be amazing....or simply an hardware upgrade of the crappy 777 on the BKK route.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 3:14 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum
STN to European OneWorld hubs (such as MAD, HEL or even DOH) would be handy for long haul connections.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 3:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Silver,
Originally Posted by rapidex
5th freedom or tag ons are hugely expensive and almost impossible to make money on which is why BA avoids them.
I never realised that I always assumed they were a nice bit of extra revenue on low demand routes. what is it about them that makes them so expensive to operate?
Old Oct 11, 2018, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by ThrowingBoeing
I never realised that I always assumed they were a nice bit of extra revenue on low demand routes. what is it about them that makes them so expensive to operate?
The extra crew hotel rooms, the loss of efficiency in crew rostering plus the extra airport and route charges for not much extra revenue. In addition very little cargo tends to be uplifted the local airlines have the contracts for most of that.

Using long haul aircraft for short haul routes adds to cycles and wear on items like brakes,tyres etc. There are some situations where it just about works, such as SIN-SYD or in the Caribbean where short runways force it upon BA, but other than that best not to bother. As soon as LHR-SYD becomes possible to fly with a full load I bet SIN-SYD will get the chop.
ThrowingBoeing likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 3:17 pm

Programs: CAMRA GGL (Gold Card Holder/Lifetime membership)
DSA would be great
ThrowingBoeing likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 3:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Silver,
Originally Posted by hungry
DSA would be great

I'd love to see it but I doubt there is the demand, just look at the reduction in services to LBA. DSA is completely the wrong side of Sheffield to pick up business travellers. MAN does a nice job picking up those that live Peak District side of Sheffield. Once you get west of the city centre it's just as easy to get to MAN in the car and there's about 3 direct trains an hour from Sheffield to MAN . Plus DSA is also far too close to the ECML whereby trains are only 1hr 40 mins into Kings Cross so the only real demand is for connecting PAX.

Last edited by ThrowingBoeing; Oct 11, 2018 at 3:32 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.