Community
Wiki Posts
Search

booking LHR - HKG - NRT - LHR

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2016, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

booking LHR - HKG - NRT - LHR

I am trying to book the route above and online it won't let me. Im guessing thats because BA doesn't have a code share between HKG and NRT. Rather than waiting on hold for hours ill ask here if this is possible for BA to book for me, or should i just book an open jaw and get the HKG to NRT separately?
Old Apr 24, 2016, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
You can do it on CX for a (very) good fare: http://goo.gl/flights/vNOG
Old Apr 24, 2016, 1:30 pm

BA will certainly be able to do it for you over the phone, although other airlines may be cheaper e.g. CX in the example above.

Search for your dates on Google Flights or ITA Matrix. If you find a BA fare you like just call them up and quote the details.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BA6501
You can do it on CX for a (very) good fare: http://goo.gl/flights/vNOG
Thank you, but i am trying to avoid the stop in HKG on the way back and fly direct NRT to LHR
Old Apr 24, 2016, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by enjoyingit
Thank you, but i am trying to avoid the stop in HKG on the way back and fly direct NRT to LHR
The BA OJ LHR-HKG//NRT-LHR is very well priced (± Ł2260) as far as I can see. If I try to include the HKG-NRT it shoots up considerably (doubles). HKG-NRT o/w is also not cheap (Ł1300 in J). If you could do that flight using Avios, you would be the winner. If the company pays, call a TA.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 2:06 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
I've spent most of this weekend trying to book something similar, and keep giving up!

My 'weak-link' was thinking JAL had a flight from BKK-HND/NRT...but the BA booking engine wants to send me back to London in order to reach Tokyo!
Old Apr 24, 2016, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
I've spent most of this weekend trying to book something similar, and keep giving up!

My 'weak-link' was thinking JAL had a flight from BKK-HND/NRT...but the BA booking engine wants to send me back to London in order to reach Tokyo!
JAL do have flights from BKK-TYO; BA.com just doesn't like looking for them.

The problem in any case is that it only seems bookable as a J fare in combination with the BA directs, so is very expensive.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Try Expedia... All possible on BA flight numbers for only Ł7.7K

The LHR-HKG-TYO-LHR is available for Ł8.3K
Old Apr 24, 2016, 2:23 pm

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by henkybaby
Try Expedia... All possible on BA flight numbers for only Ł7.7K

The LHR-HKG-TYO-LHR is available for Ł8.3K
Haha! What a bargain...although I'd be looking at more like Ł9k because I'm not away a Saturday night!
Old Apr 24, 2016, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Haha! What a bargain...although I'd be looking at more like Ł9k because I'm not away a Saturday night!
Try 11.... The OJ to LHR-BKK//TYO-LHR is €4K on QR. The BKK-NRT could be done for €450 on MH or €1100 direct. Still a lot cheaper than Ł11K.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 2:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Having booked this a few times in the past the cheapest ways is to do the HKG-TYO leg separate on avios.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 2:31 pm

Try 11.... The OJ to LHR-BKK//TYO-LHR is €4K on QR. The BKK-NRT could be done for €450 on MH or €1100 direct. Still a lot cheaper than Ł11K.
True, but I'm trying to find the fare on BA opposed to QR (to see how the others travel)

Last edited by msm2000uk; Apr 24, 2016 at 2:50 pm
Old Apr 24, 2016, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

True, but I'm trying to find the fare on BA opposed to QR (to see howthe others travel)
That's €3.6K. Monday out, Thursday back.

€6.6K if you want F (LHR-HKG-BKK//TYO-LHR).
Old Apr 24, 2016, 3:03 pm

That's €3.6K. Monday out, Thursday back.

€6.6K if you want F (LHR-HKG-BKK//TYO-LHR).
Good find - I'll have a look on Monday morning, as now trying to get the Tokyo people to meet me in BKK!
Old Apr 24, 2016, 3:27 pm

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Jenzo
Having booked this a few times in the past the cheapest ways is to do the HKG-TYO leg separate on avios.
This. If there's availability you can also do HKG-HND in CX F, which is amazing when you think BA operates CE on the same length routes...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.