Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pre Flight Dining for F at ORD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2018, 2:43 pm

Programs: BA Bronze. MLife Gold, Cunard Diamond, Total Rewards Diamond.
Originally Posted by BAwjh93
Thanks so much for posting these SuperstarDJ, as well as the menu, much appreciated! I think I'll be opting for scallops and sticking with the beef that you had previously, if its still the same menu next month. I'll be posting some photos on this thread with the verdict in due course and may well do a trip report of the flights in the coming weeks, so stay tuned...
Dare we even suggest at the sloppy table presentation. My cutlery was all over the place, it just looked as though it had been thrown down , as l work in a hotel , maybe its a bit pedantic BUT its supposed to be First ! The napkins looked very lame . As with the wine and water glass hold them upto the light and see how clean they are..It might just be a surprise.
BAwjh93 likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 5:00 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by BAwjh93
The food in the F lounge itself or the food in the F dining room? Glad to hear that there are at least some plans to improve matters but I guess we'll have to wait and see if / when these actually materialise, we all know things at BA don't tend to ever move very fast...
Was the food in F dining - it was awful. I'm realistic enough not to expect anything high end, but this was just plain bad
Old Jul 30, 2019, 6:07 pm

Programs: BA GGL
I'll be doing this next week.

Any idea on current menu expectations, what's good/not, whether this F room still functions?

I've never used it, but would like to this time.

Thanks for input.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 1:00 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
I'll be doing this next week.

Any idea on current menu expectations, what's good/not, whether this F room still functions?

I've never used it, but would like to this time.

Thanks for input.
From a couple of weeks ago. I can't imagine it'll change a great deal. Nobody was in there when we ate, despite it being a full F cabin and, to be honest, it's not a great place to spend any real time - it's a tiny room with no windows!

​​​​​
​​​
Old Jul 31, 2019, 1:19 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by ben1991
From a couple of weeks ago. I can't imagine it'll change a great deal. Nobody was in there when we ate, despite it being a full F cabin and, to be honest, it's not a great place to spend any real time - it's a tiny room with no windows!

​​​​​
​​​
Worth it for the sleeper flight though: eat before, skip over to tiny F lounge, hopefully board plane direct from lounge, sleep for 6hrs, late breakfast at LHR arrivals.

Thanks for this menu. Seems worth a shot for the lamb! Might rotate one dish on the August menu, as that's what it'll become, but we shall see...
Old Aug 12, 2019, 12:14 pm

What time does F dining begin at ORD? Sorry if I've overlooked it in the thread.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 2:37 pm

I can't remember the exact timings but there was a notice on the door when I last visited. There was definitely enough time for a full meal and a trip to the F lounge after. It is a delayed opening compared to the rest of the Club lounge.

Unlike other posters, I had a fantastic meal in the F dining room. I was the only passenger dining but hey, the service was great and the drinks free flowing. I really enjoyed it and was very surprised based on other reviews on here.

I'll be there again in a few months and looking forward to it.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 3:11 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by trudyscout
What time does F dining begin at ORD? Sorry if I've overlooked it in the thread.
My BA itineraries from May and October last year say 15:00 CST, though local time was CDT. The CW dining closes for a little time between flights and the same may be true of F dining. Since I was on the late flight I don't know what actually happened earlier.I found the dining to be pretty good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.