Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

British Airways Chase "Above & Beyond Summertime in London" event

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2016, 2:47 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.

Is anyone else going to this? I booked 2 seats this afternoon. You have to have a valid Chase card. Seems like a reasonable deal for people with a shed load of Avios and a Chase card.

Dear Golfmad,

As an extra special thank you for being one of our most loyal British Airways Visa Signature® cardmembers, we would like to offer you and a guest the chance to attend our Above & Beyond Summertime in London event, to experience the very best of the season in London.

Our unique flight will depart from JFK Airport in New York, on Wednesday evening, June 29, 2016 for a truly memorable weekend in the capital and return on Sunday, July 3, 2016. You'll be travelling in the upmost comfort, on our Club World 32 seater aircraft and flying into the centrally located London City Airport.

Once in London, you'll enjoy three nights at one of world's most luxurious hotels, The Savoy, along with a weekend filled with exclusive events.

Thursday:
Upon your arrival in London, you will be transported to The Savoy hotel, for a private check-in service and a delicious complimentary welcome lunch.

In the evening, you'll enjoy the views of Trafalgar Square, at a stunning rooftop event in the heart of the city.

Friday:
Indulge in the tradition of Afternoon Tea, at The Savoy, in one of their beautiful private dining rooms.

Join us for private access to the iconic Abbey Road Studios. Enjoy an exquisite dining reception and a music performance from one of Britain's most popular performers.

Saturday:
You'll be spending the day at Wimbledon, whilst enjoying an exclusive garden party in the grounds of a private home, hosted by tennis great Stan Smith.

Just steps from the famous tennis courts, hear the personal stories and insights on the game from the man himself, before heading over to centre court for the day's matches.

Sunday:
Take in the sights of London one last time from the famed Tower Bridge. Enjoy a catered brunch and personal tour before your return flight to New York.

Tickets to this exciting experience are offered as a package for two at 700,000 Avios for a pair, or 350,000 Avios plus a Travel Together Ticket.

To reserve your ticket, call our dedicated toll free telephone line at 1-800-547-8830 from 12:00pm Eastern Time — 8:00pm Eastern Time on Monday, April 18, 2016. From April 19, 2016 onward, telephone line opening hours are between 7:30 AM EST and 8:00 PM EST, where tickets will remain on sale until sold out. This Above & Beyond experience is expected to sell out quickly, so please book early to avoid disappointment.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 2:59 pm

Incredible deal! Snap it up ^

The Savoy alone is wonderful. (And the Savoy Grill restaurant is amazing)

Edited to add: are you sure the return flight is CW too?
Old Apr 18, 2016, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
Think that's fairly obvious. It'd be an extremely strange offer if it wasn't.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 3:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
The actual flight numbers are listed in the detailed terms and conditions. It's CWLCY both way (BA4 and BA3).
Old Apr 18, 2016, 3:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold (GGL/CCR), HHonors Diamond
I am a Chase customer, but didn't receive that. I would have potential taken them up on it, so I can attend the London Do.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by golfmad
The actual flight numbers are listed in the detailed terms and conditions. It's CWLCY both way (BA4 and BA3).
Well it all sounds very special.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gshumway
I am a Chase customer, but didn't receive that. I would have potential taken them up on it, so I can attend the London Do.
Phone number is in there and the lines are open. Give them a call...
Old Apr 18, 2016, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
If you do this, you may be sitting in one of my Centre Court debenture seats, because I sell mine to Stan Smith! Small world .....
Old Apr 18, 2016, 4:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Raffles
If you do this, you may be sitting in one-off my Centre Court debenture seats, because I sell mine to Stan Smith! Small world .....
^
Old Apr 19, 2016, 7:48 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Gold, Virgin Trains Traveller, Her Majesties Secret Service.
I would snap this up!

I guess people who've accumulated 700,000 Avios on a chase card do deserve this kind of pampering though ;-)
Old Apr 21, 2016, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

According to Expert Flyer the two flights in question (BA4 6/29 and BA3 7/3) are both J0 C0 using a USA POS and J0 C0 DC RC IC using a UK POS so it looks like it's all sold out.

Should be a fun event, I've never been to Wimbledon.

With a zero cash contribution it's a welcome way to spend some Avios.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by golfmad
According to Expert Flyer the two flights in question (BA4 6/29 and BA3 7/3) are both J0 C0 using a USA POS and J0 C0 DC RC IC using a UK POS so it looks like it's all sold out.

Should be a fun event, I've never been to Wimbledon.

With a zero cash contribution it's a welcome way to spend some Avios.
You'll enjoy it. Stan and his right-hand man Gary are great guys. The house they rent is also very impressive, assuming they haven't switched.
Old Jun 11, 2016, 3:04 pm
Original Poster

The full details arrived by UPS yesterday if anyone is interested. Should be a lot of fun:

Old Jun 11, 2016, 6:28 pm

Sounds great, I'll be watching the thread for updates on your trip.
Old Jun 11, 2016, 7:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by obiterdictum
Sounds great, I'll be watching the thread for updates on your trip.
Maybe I should do my first ever trip report??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.