Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

'I am not a robot' [Recaptcha validation questions when using the BA website]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

'I am not a robot' [Recaptcha validation questions when using the BA website]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2017, 6:45 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Maybe all of us can each send 10 "I am not a robot" emails per day to BA.
Calchas likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 7:00 pm

Perhaps we are all in Westworld and having to prove ourselves
Old Feb 15, 2017, 2:48 pm

Programs: BA Oneworld
Validation question - Recaptcha - BA site entry

Per the title, this is with regard to the validation process to access the BA site, which I get nearly all the time if I use the site very often.

Are the images generated (from google streetview?) entirely random I have always assumed so, when I am asked to identify squares with house numbers, or store fronts, or street signs in places that look like Asia or whatever.

So, given this assumption of random image, can you image my complete surprise on being presented with an image that contains a street sign for my own road! What are the odds?
Old Feb 15, 2017, 2:59 pm

Programs: Skyteam Elite+, VS Red, HHonours Diamond, Accor Plat
According to https://www.google.com/recaptcha/intro/index.html the images are indeed from Streetview. Several hundred million reCAPTCHAs are shown to users every day.

IANAS (I am not a statistician) but my gut feeling is that the chances of getting one from your own street must be small. Very small. Really, very, very small indeed!

Buy a lottery ticket.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 12:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, IC Ambassador, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont Platinum
Originally Posted by stuart_f

IANAS (I am not a statistician) but my gut feeling is that the chances of getting one from your own street must be small. Very small. Really, very, very small indeed!.
Particularly if your street does not feature shop fronts or palm trees, which seem to the ones I am always asked to mark!!!!
Old Feb 16, 2017, 12:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I would have thought that the probability is either zero or fairly high depending on whether the street is one that is in the picture database
Old Feb 16, 2017, 2:54 am

Originally Posted by stuart_f
According to https://www.google.com/recaptcha/intro/index.html the images are indeed from Streetview. Several hundred million reCAPTCHAs are shown to users every day.

IANAS (I am not a statistician) but my gut feeling is that the chances of getting one from your own street must be small. Very small. Really, very, very small indeed!

Buy a lottery ticket.
Yes, it's amazing. The odds on winning the lottery are in the millions, but someone always wins every week!
Old Aug 28, 2017, 4:16 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

The machines are taking over

The Robots are back

This time with a vengence, well for me anyhow.

Anyone else had lots of this recently? It seemed to disappear for a while.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 4:28 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Originally Posted by PETER01
The Robots are back

This time with a vengence, well for me anyhow.

Anyone else had lots of this recently? It seemed to disappear for a while.
I find it only pops up when loggin out and re logging in again multiple times within a 24 hr period or when doing lots of redemption searchs. Very annoying thou !
Old Aug 28, 2017, 4:39 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by Flame3601
I find it only pops up when loggin out and re logging in again multiple times within a 24 hr period or when doing lots of redemption searchs. Very annoying thou !
Could be that I suppose and agree annoying.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 4:51 pm

Programs: BA GCH
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Tafflyer
Maybe all of us can each send 10 "I am not a robot" emails per day to BA.
I've had the robot prompt too many times of late; and I'll admit in the heat of the moment I've gone elsewhere to book additional services and indeed changed carrier.

I always use the same computer; they know what I book and do - further IT failings I feel.

Sort it out BA #29387428374 .
Old Aug 28, 2017, 6:06 pm

Programs: BAEC
Every single time I log on from home. It is so annoying. I wish there was a way to by-pass or tell them to stop this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.