Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Codeshare flight on Hawaiian

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2016, 9:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver (but only temporarily) AVIS Presidents Club, Starbucks Gold

Hi,

This may get moved to the AA forum but this issue concerns my BAEC account so if it is the wrong forum then apologies:

Part of my itinerary involved Kona to HNL on Hawaiian air but booked through AA with the flight down as AA7881. I've checked the BA Avios Calculator and the route returns 60 Tier Points and 1000 Avios.

All of my other sectors have been credited so I'm wondering if this flight is eligible.

I still have my boarding pass and other details if required.

Would anyone make me the wiser on this please?

TIA
ML
Old Apr 12, 2016, 10:02 am

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
I don't think it will be eligible on Hawaiian metal, but the oracles will confirm this in no time
Old Apr 12, 2016, 10:04 am

This flight isn't eligible. HA is not a BA partner. As per the table at the bottom of the page here, a flight under a partner airline code operated by a non-partner airline earns no TP or avios.

The calculator results assume that you're taking an eligible flight, which I think is a reasonable assumption, although it would certainly be better if it had two input fields: one for marketing airline and one for operating airline.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 10:07 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
No this doesn't earn avios or TPs. Look at the table at the bottom of this page:

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...-avios/flights

Your AA marketed HA operated flight falls in to the third row from the bottom, so oneworld alliance partner flight code and non-partner airline operator.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 10:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver (but only temporarily) AVIS Presidents Club, Starbucks Gold

Thought so!! Thanks to all those who replied to my query.

ML

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.