Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WT and WTP (family holiday) fare deals

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2018, 4:39 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I hadn't realised that Black Friday deal is still going - yes the WT+ seems to only be a companion fare. For us (leisure traveller), the convenience of flying direct from LHR means we can fly Friday night and not have to take an extra day off work. £1450 + 50,000 Avios for 2 people, Club World LHR-JNB on a Friday, WT+ JNB-LHR on a Sat night, was worth it.

More on-topic, there are still flights at £340 return pp in economy from DUB/AMS-JNB-LHR, (returning via MAD with IB; £380 pp returning BA direct to LHR), in Jan-Mar.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 6:16 am

Programs: Qantas, BA
Need WTP for silver

Hi,

I am based in Sydney and a WTP return SYD-SIN will make me BA silver. They never seem to be on sale. I’m not sure if this is because it’s a 5th freedom flight. I can travel anytime but there is never anything on sale.

All help and info is always appreciated.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 6:34 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Has anyone seen any good WTP holiday options for a family of 4 during the feb half term? I've just about given up on ITA Matrix as an indicator of availability/price but I'd love to be able get away somewhere warm (late 20c's at least) going either late Sunday 17th or Mon 18th for 5-6 days (have to be back by early on the 24th at the latest).

best suggestion gets GFL bestowed on them (gratitude for life)
Old Dec 29, 2018, 6:47 am

Programs: BA: Silver. OneWorld: Sapphire
Originally Posted by ratechaser
Has anyone seen any good WTP holiday options for a family of 4 during the feb half term? I've just about given up on ITA Matrix as an indicator of availability/price but I'd love to be able get away somewhere warm (late 20c's at least) going either late Sunday 17th or Mon 18th for 5-6 days (have to be back by early on the 24th at the latest).

best suggestion gets GFL bestowed on them (gratitude for life)
Punta Cana might be your best bet, if you don’t want to go to MCO, FLL etc. Always seems to be cheaper WTP and CW in combination with hotel on that route particularly.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 7:03 am

Programs: BAEC OW Gold/Emerald
Unhappy

Originally Posted by LiveForTravel
Hi,

I am based in Sydney and a WTP return SYD-SIN will make me BA silver. They never seem to be on sale. I’m not sure if this is because it’s a 5th freedom flight. I can travel anytime but there is never anything on sale.

All help and info is always appreciated.
I don't know if historically there were sales on this route but a quick search is bringing up fares of £904 GBP approx $1630 AUD for April travel which does not seem a great price
LiveForTravel likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 5:38 am

Programs: BAEC
Hi. Looking for an ex-EU WTP fare to North America over the next few weeks. Best I've seen so far is ZRH-NYC for £574? Can I beat that? Thanks a lot.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 6:07 am

Programs: BAEC OW Gold/Emerald
Originally Posted by SCSA
Hi. Looking for an ex-EU WTP fare to North America over the next few weeks. Best I've seen so far is ZRH-NYC for £574? Can I beat that? Thanks a lot.
Without specific dates and airports it might be difficult to know if that fare can be beaten but it looks very good to me. A quick search INV-LHR-EWR-JFK-LHR coming up at £678 which is one positioning flight. Dates were 15 out and 25 return.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 8:52 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by SCSA
If you are getting somewhere between the £500-£600 mark then you're doing pretty well. My go-to is INV, JER, DUB and GOT. Albeit, if you need to add in positioning costs then it may not work our any cheaper than the current WTP sale thats on. All dependent on dates, airports etc.
Mordac likes this.

Last edited by rockflyertalk; Jan 3, 2019 at 8:56 am Reason: additional info.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 6:08 am

Hi all, does anyone know of good WTP routes to Asia? I regularly use the ex-Scandi or Dublin fares to LAX and MIA for £600 but wondering if there was anything ex-EU to any Asian destination for around that price point?
Old Jan 4, 2019, 6:25 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by ChelseaBlue1905
Hi all, does anyone know of good WTP routes to Asia? I regularly use the ex-Scandi or Dublin fares to LAX and MIA for £600 but wondering if there was anything ex-EU to any Asian destination for around that price point?
Best I can see with a very quick scan of GF is ARN-HKG with BA/CX (CX on the LON-HKG leg) in Economy Plus for around £750, but I am presuming you want the long leg on BA for UuA options?

Pilot37
Old Jan 4, 2019, 6:32 am

Thanks for the quick reply. My GF search somehow missed that. I'm not limited to BA, just to OneWorld as I primarily use WTP fares for the earning on AA when there's a big price differential to Business
Old Jan 4, 2019, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by ChelseaBlue1905
Are you able to price to LAX for £600 in October? I've been searching for a while but never been able to get below £700.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 8:54 am

Programs: Qantas, BA
Originally Posted by IntVic
I don't know if historically there were sales on this route but a quick search is bringing up fares of £904 GBP approx $1630 AUD for April travel which does not seem a great price

Yeah that’s what I’ve been getting
Old Jan 7, 2019, 7:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, Subcard
Just booked WTP LGW-BDA return in September for £591pp which I think is a pretty good deal. WT was available for £390.
THEOBCMAN likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by flashware
Are you able to price to LAX for £600 in October? I've been searching for a while but never been able to get below £700.
Try INV as your starting point mate?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.