Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WT and WTP (family holiday) fare deals

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2017, 9:12 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
the original thread which has more details and further discussion

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...rt-463-wt.html
Old Feb 11, 2017, 12:18 am

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM
Originally Posted by Pilot37
Sorry - forgot to mention - easiest way to find it is via google flights, but select economy as your class. When you select your dates it places you in WTP+ on the l/h sectors and then use the BA link button at the bottom to go direct to the pay page on BA.com.
These "ex-EU" fares can be found using ITA Matrix, but unfortunately not easily, as when you select premium economy, ITA Matrix prices with the connections in CE. However it can be done by specifying each segment separately. Use cabin: Cheapest available, and for the European segments, list your favourite back-to-back airports, e.g.: ABZ, AMS, ARN, BGO, CPH, DUB, DUS, GIB, GOT, GVA, JER, LUX, MAD, OPO, PRG, SVG, SOF, TXL, VIE, VNO

For the long haul segments use the advanced routing code: ba /f bc=t
Old Feb 11, 2017, 3:55 am

Originally Posted by nbevan
These "ex-EU" fares can be found using ITA Matrix, but unfortunately not easily, as when you select premium economy, ITA Matrix prices with the connections in CE. However it can be done by specifying each segment separately. Use cabin: Cheapest available, and for the European segments, list your favourite back-to-back airports, e.g.: ABZ, AMS, ARN, BGO, CPH, DUB, DUS, GIB, GOT, GVA, JER, LUX, MAD, OPO, PRG, SVG, SOF, TXL, VIE, VNO

For the long haul segments use the advanced routing code: ba /f bc=t
In fact, you don't even need to separate out the long and short haul legs. You could search for those airports to your intended destination, and use "BA+ /F BC=T". That code will force the long hauls into T, and the cheapest class available for the short haul leg (as long as "Cheapest available" is selected.
Old Feb 11, 2017, 7:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Virazuno
In fact, you don't even need to separate out the long and short haul legs. You could search for those airports to your intended destination, and use "BA+ /F BC=T". That code will force the long hauls into T, and the cheapest class available for the short haul leg (as long as "Cheapest available" is selected.
This is great info. Man, I'm gonna to be bummed when ITA Matrix finally gets killed off...

Regards
Old Feb 11, 2017, 9:34 am

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by scubadu
This is great info. Man, I'm gonna to be bummed when ITA Matrix finally gets killed off...

Regards
Is that on the cards then ?
Old Feb 14, 2017, 1:48 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
Not exactly premium deal but WT+ that could be upgraded with Avios or GUF to business: LON to Toronto and Chicago direct on BA for £680-700 depending on the dates, Vancouver for £780. March – June; September – December 2017, check ITA or Google Flights for particular dates.

Last edited by Richmond_Surrey; Feb 14, 2017 at 2:08 pm
Old Feb 14, 2017, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by Richmond_Surrey
Not exactly premium deal but WT+ that could be upgraded with Avios or GUF to business: LON to Toronto and Chicago direct on BA for £680-700 depending on the dates, Vancouver for £780. March – June; September – December 2017, check ITA or Google Flights for particular dates.
good find! Do you have the fare rules? I am trying to combine it with YVR to YYJ on one ticket
Old Feb 14, 2017, 2:37 pm

I think it will be corrected soon, because on Expert Flyer it shows as Economy Cabin, but Booking Class T and books into T (WT+). Also there's not a lot of tickets, on some days only 1 left.

Tariff name: QKN1S4T1 - YVR, YYC

ELIGIBILITY
VALID FOR ADULT PSGR. THIS FARE IS VALID FOR A
SPECIFIED ACCOUNT CODE. CONTACT CARRIER FOR DETAILS.
OR - FOR ADULT PSGR. THIS FARE IS VALID FOR A SPECIFIED
ACCOUNT CODE. CONTACT CARRIER FOR DETAILS.
OR - FOR ADULT PSGR.
DAY/TIME NO DAY/TIME TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS APPLY.
SEASONALITY PERMITTED 30MAR17 THROUGH 21JUN17 OR 17AUG17 THROUGH
28OCT17 OR 13DEC17 THROUGH 24DEC17 FOR EACH
TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR. SEASON IS BASED ON TRIP DATE.

ADVANCE RESERVATIONS/TICKETING
CONFIRMED RESERVATIONS FOR ALL SECTORS ARE REQUIRED AT
LEAST 28 DAYS BEFORE DEPARTURE.

MINIMUM STAY TRAVEL FROM LAST STOPOVER MUST COMMENCE NO EARLIER
THAN THE FIRST SUN AFTER DEPARTURE OF THE OUTBOUND
TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR.
MAXIMUM STAY TRAVEL FROM LAST STOPOVER MUST COMMENCE NO LATER THAN
12 MONTHS AFTER DEPARTURE FROM FARE ORIGIN.
STOPOVERS STOPOVERS NOT PERMITTED ON THE FARE COMPONENT.

TRANSFERS
2 TRANSFERS PERMITTED IN EACH DIRECTION.
2 PERMITTED VIA AA/AB/AY/BA/HG/IB ONLY IN
EUROPE IN EACH DIRECTION.
AND - 2 TRANSFERS PERMITTED IN EACH DIRECTION.

COMBINATIONS
DOUBLE OPEN JAWS NOT PERMITTED.
END-ON-END NOT PERMITTED. SIDE TRIPS NOT PERMITTED.
OPEN JAWS
FARES MAY BE COMBINED ON A HALF ROUND TRIP BASIS
WITH BA FARES
-TO FORM SINGLE OPEN JAWS
Old Feb 14, 2017, 2:42 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Richmond_Surrey
I think it will be corrected soon, because on Expert Flyer it shows as Economy Cabin, but Booking Class T and books into T (WT+).
The fare basis of the one you've quoted that books into WT+ is QKN1S4T1/DIF4, so it's one of the dual inventory fares that requires availability in Q and T buckets in this instance.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 2:52 pm

OK, I read other threads about it. Upgrade to CW is expensive and not worth the hassle unless someone wants to fly WT+ cheaply.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 3:16 pm

I want to fly WT+ cheaply ex-LHR. Week in Vancouver Island if I can find the right dates. I was planning SLC this year in J ex-DUB for yellowstone, but this is half the price and ex-LHR direct.

MEX is coming up at £725 in WTP for a number of dates, could be worth it.

Last edited by bonzo; Feb 15, 2017 at 1:15 am Reason: MEX
Old Feb 28, 2017, 5:02 am

Programs: GGL/CCR
Plenty of ex-ARN WTP to West Coast for random dates for <£500
Old Feb 28, 2017, 5:16 am
DVT

Programs: BA Bronze
(mispost)
Old Apr 2, 2017, 4:40 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by teledude
Plenty of ex-ARN WTP to West Coast for random dates for <£500
Just to give this a bump, still good deals to SJC out of ARN for later in the year (especially times which normal J sales don't include).
I picked up ARN>LHR>SJC>LHR>ARN in Oct for £520 (with 8.5K Avios deduction). I then used a GUF1 to move the whole lot to CE/CW and the tax difference was only £17.50 extra, so a round trip ex-EU to West Coast in J on a B789 for £540 - not a bad deal if you have some GUF's or Avios you want to part with.

Pilot37
Old May 5, 2017, 12:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Avis Presidents Club
Been trying to get flights to from SF/Bay Area for a half-decent price in WT+ in June, returning to London

Various options from DUB, GOT, ARN for £900-950ish, generally returning from OAK-LGW (or LGW-OAK-LGW £968 which can be discounted with Avios by £308 or £210)

... but managed instead to find a couple of days flying MAD-DFW-SFO / OAK-LGW with the outbound on AA's new 787-9 in its Premium Economy, connecting in Dallas & then booking into Y / Main Cabin Extra for the SFO leg for £724.

Not as good as £500 ex-ARN for October, but June is pretty pricey for California

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.