Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WT and WTP (family holiday) fare deals

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2017, 3:29 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Credit to the Premium Fare Deals forum, looks like you can get WTP returns from Heathrow to Houston for £810 (maybe slightly more if stay is less than a week). Seems to work for various dates Oct-17 to Mar-18 on Google Flights. Seems like quite a good deal to me for the length of flight and given it's a London departure.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Some pretty tasty exJER economy flights around - an example below. Need to fiddle around but if you're willing to chuck a few Avios you're gonna get a real steal.

Also no dropping last leg

https://www.google.co.uk/flights/?f=...,OAKLGW0BA2278
Old Jun 26, 2017, 12:45 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Some pretty tasty exJER economy flights around - an example below. Need to fiddle around but if you're willing to chuck a few Avios you're gonna get a real steal.

Also no dropping last leg

https://www.google.co.uk/flights/?f=...,OAKLGW0BA2278
Indeed some very tasty deals from JER at the moment and the prices are even lower if booked through the IB codes.

Some more examples I just found :
JER-JFK-LHR 5 Sept- 18 Sept 188 GBP (initially found on SF, but adapted below)
JER-LAX-LHR 21 Feb-28 Feb 216 GBP
JER-MIA/JFK-LGW 208 GBP 4 April - 11 April

and lots of other USA destinations. It looks like its an issue with the IB flight codes pricing lower than their BA ones. I havent been able to replicate on google flights, but a search on momondo.co.uk brings back some interesting results!
Old Jun 26, 2017, 5:06 pm

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
I am soooo tempted to pull the trigger on one of these for cheap jaunt to the USA, Anyone ticketed yet?
Old Jun 27, 2017, 12:07 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cgtechuk
I am soooo tempted to pull the trigger on one of these for cheap jaunt to the USA, Anyone ticketed yet?
I went for ex TXL to SFO for 267 euro which, like the ex JER deals was pricing much cheaper under the IB codes. Wrote about the experience here :

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-ib-codes.html
Old Jul 1, 2017, 1:40 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by englisha
Indeed some very tasty deals from JER at the moment and the prices are even lower if booked through the IB codes.

Some more examples I just found :
JER-JFK-LHR 5 Sept- 18 Sept 188 GBP (initially found on SF, but adapted below)
JER-LAX-LHR 21 Feb-28 Feb 216 GBP
JER-MIA/JFK-LGW 208 GBP 4 April - 11 April

and lots of other USA destinations. It looks like its an issue with the IB flight codes pricing lower than their BA ones. I havent been able to replicate on google flights, but a search on momondo.co.uk brings back some interesting results!
Have these fares gone?
Old Jul 2, 2017, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No, just slightly more. Still a great price for a Thanksgiving break where it seems lots of cities have cheap accommodation rates. Soak up the sales also (Black Friday etc)

https://www.google.co.uk/flights/?f=...9,MIALHR0BA206
Old Jul 2, 2017, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There's also West Coast exOSL (credit to Premium Fare thread) for circa £550 in WT+

Great for a GUF2 or UuA depending on availability of course
Old Jul 2, 2017, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
There's also West Coast exOSL (credit to Premium Fare thread) for circa £550 in WT+

Great for a GUF2 or UuA depending on availability of course
Thanks. I was looking at East coast and specifically JFK for Halloween.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 2:53 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Avis President's Club
Some excellent £170 WT fares from Spain to the Middle East throughout the year.
(i.e. BCN/MAD > LHR > DXB/MCT/AUH)

Even if you're not a fan of B2Bs in Economy/with kids, if you've got a week spare in the Autumn, you could visit Madrid from Sat-Mon and then fly via LHR to the ME for the rest of the week for some sun before heading back home, ensuring you book your final leg to BCN from LGW...

Also bear in mind that you often get great flight+hotel and flight+car deals in places like Dubai, so you could get a very cheap holiday in the sun out of it.

Credit to cysyuen's thread in Mileage Run Deals.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 4:10 pm

Hi

Has anyone come across a very decent WTP price, ex-EU recently? Before the sale ends.

I need to get to JFK, I'm London based. Dates ideally are Oct 26 - 4 Nov. Jer & Osl seem to come out best. Just seeing if there's a bargain I'm missing?

Thanks
Old Jul 10, 2017, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

With JER book return back to LON not JER to save a few quid and any last leg hassle ^
Old Jul 20, 2017, 5:04 am

Hello everyone,

A wild request, I know, but wondering if anyone knows of any good fares lurking around.

I need to be ANYWHERE in the USA around the weekend of 12-13th August. WT, or WT+.

Anyone aware of any good ex-EU fares??
Old Jul 20, 2017, 6:42 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Virazuno
Hello everyone,

A wild request, I know, but wondering if anyone knows of any good fares lurking around.

I need to be ANYWHERE in the USA around the weekend of 12-13th August. WT, or WT+.

Scandanavia is generally a reliable source for WT fares to the 'popular' cities, all year round. I just put CPH, GOT, OSL etc. into the starting point on Google Flights and then just see what comes up.

For that weekend you can get to JFK, BOS & LAX for <£400, which is less than half of any of the BA fares straight out of LHR.

In fact you can get a WT+ fare for >£200 less than the WT fare out of LHR.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by Virazuno
Hello everyone,

Check ex-Switzerland (ZRH, BSL, GVA) to places like NYC or BOS - there are sometimes decent deals in WTP for ~£650-850 depending on availability.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.