Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help! IRROPS

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2016, 1:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, AS Gold MVP, IC RA, IHG Spire Elite, HH Diamond, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Help! IRROPS

I've been rerouted from MEM-DFW-IAH-LHR to MEM-DFW-LHR as the AA3358 flight (MEM-DFW) went tech and we had to return to MEM. Paid F, AA domestic sectors, BA TATL. AA unable to issue onward boarding passes for either our original itin or the new one. AA at MEM were originally insisting on rerouting us via PHL in slopey J, and Y on the domestics. I punted on that idea, obviously.

Where, airside at DFW can I pick up BPs for our new DFW-LHR sector? Not being checked in and without a BP is panicking me a bit.

Any better options for me here?

Last edited by opalfruit; Apr 9, 2016 at 1:54 pm
Old Apr 9, 2016, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, AS Gold MVP, IC RA, IHG Spire Elite, HH Diamond, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Cannot check in online for either my old or new BA itins - in the first case due to a reticketing issue (schedule change some months ago caused a reroute).
Old Apr 9, 2016, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

The GGL line haven't been super helpful, deferring to the airport staff, which I guess in many cases is most obvious as they have control of the ticket, but I guess AA at MEM aren't used to dealing with IRROPS situations being an outstation.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 1:40 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Go to Any Admirals lounge at AA at DFW (1 in each terminal) and they will be able to offer you any options that have seats. Were you originally in F seats for the TATL?
Old Apr 9, 2016, 1:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
My instinct would be to try to get the boarding passes in the lounge.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 1:42 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by opalfruit
The GGL line haven't been super helpful, deferring to the airport staff, which I guess in many cases is most obvious as they have control of the ticket, but I guess AA at MEM aren't used to dealing with IRROPS situations being an outstation.
There are F seats on MEM-ORD on AA4317, You can connect at ORD to AA78 to LHR which still has F space and gets you to LHR tomorrow. Any plane leaving for DFW now from MEM won't catch the last plane to LHR today
Old Apr 9, 2016, 1:44 pm
Original Poster

Aarrgh, now they're saying only I, and not my girlfriend - who is on the same PNR - has been accommodated on the DFW-LHR flight...
Old Apr 9, 2016, 1:45 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
I've been rerouted from MEM-DFW-IAH-LHR to MEM-DFW-LHR as the AA3588 flight (MEM-DFW) went tech and we had to return to MEM. Paid F, AA domestic sectors, BA TATL. AA unable to issue onward boarding passes for either our original itin or the new one. AA at MEM were originally insisting on rerouting us via PHL in slopey J, and Y on the domestics. I punted on that idea, obviously.

Where, airside at DFW can I pick up BPs for our new DFW-LHR sector? Not being checked in and without a BP is panicking me a bit.

Any better options for me here?
No slopey J on PHL-LHR, should you still end up having to take that option. All the US A330s have the same flat-bed 1-2-1 seats.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 1:46 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Aarrgh, now they're saying only I, and not my girlfriend - who is on the same PNR - has been accommodated on the DFW-LHR flight...
Were you originally in F or J for the TATL leg?
Old Apr 9, 2016, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Airprox
No slopey J on PHL-LHR, should you still end up having to take that option. All the US A330s have the same flat-bed 1-2-1 seats.
I'd much prefer the 789 F that I booked
Old Apr 9, 2016, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

Status right now is on the ground in MEM sitting on the now repaired AA3358 waiting for a fuel truck, so it's looking touch and go as to whether we'll make the 18:10 BA DFW-LHR anyhow.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 2:02 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Status right now is on the ground in MEM sitting on the now repaired AA3358 waiting for a fuel truck, so it's looking touch and go as to whether we'll make the 18:10 BA DFW-LHR anyhow.
Could they get you an F seat on the DFW-LHR for today or just a J? I see it is very full today:

BA 192 0 DFW
09/04/16 18:10 LHR
10/04/16 9:05 777
Daily
75% / 29m F0 A0 J0 C0 D0 R0 I0 W1 E0 T0 Y0 B0 H0 K0 M0 L0 V0 S0 N0 Q0 O0 G0
Old Apr 9, 2016, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nufnuf77
Could they get you an F seat on the DFW-LHR for today or just a J? I see it is very full today:

BA 192 0 DFW
09/04/16 18:10 LHR
10/04/16 9:05 777
Daily
75% / 29m F0 A0 J0 C0 D0 R0 I0 W1 E0 T0 Y0 B0 H0 K0 M0 L0 V0 S0 N0 Q0 O0 G0
This is the flight we've (apparently) been rebooked onto in F. Still on the ground at MEM, pilots citing paperwork issues and such. Sigh.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 2:09 pm
Original Poster

Pushing back. Hopefully update when (if!) we get to DFW.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 2:14 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

This is the flight we've (apparently) been rebooked onto in F. Still on the ground at MEM, pilots citing paperwork issues and such. Sigh.
The other thing to bear in mind is that, provided you make it to DFW on time, DFW operates its AA terminal operations based on plane type, so your MEM-DFW, something small E170/190 like will most likely land at B and the BA flight departs from D, so you have to take the airside train.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.