Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

British Airways is horrible - LOST LUGGAGE NIGHTMARE

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

British Airways is horrible - LOST LUGGAGE NIGHTMARE

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2016, 7:13 am

Programs: Working towards being a Bronze member
Originally Posted by sfly
I called them to offer a picture of the bag, but they refuse. Their tracking system can't handle pictures.. I wonder how I can claim, since most stuff inside the bag is either new (and receipt is in the bag) or old (no receipts available)
@HappytoHelp: Thanks for the info. I've updated the WorldTracer a bit more, although it was specific already. Lets hope they can still trace it.
The success rate of returning bags to their owners is very good. I hardly ever have had to settle a claim for a lost bag.
Even after 21 days, we will still try to find the bag.

If you don't have receipts for the items, depreciation may be applied.

Fingers crossed, this doesn't happen and they find your bags.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by Happytohelp
The success rate of returning bags to their owners is very good. I hardly ever have had to settle a claim for a lost bag.
Even after 21 days, we will still try to find the bag.

If you don't have receipts for the items, depreciation may be applied.

Fingers crossed, this doesn't happen and they find your bags.
As magic, I received a SMS just ago. The bag never left LAS and was stuck in the DL baggage area. Will be back in AMS tomorrow. 13 days in total.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by tmrebell
It is now day six and we do not have our luggage. For the last six days, I call daily only to be told "we will update you when we locate your luggage". We flew business class to Edinburgh from the US via a layover in Atlanta and they still do not know where our luggage is located! How can FedEx, UPS and Amazon tell you where small items are at any moment and BA cannot locate two very large suitcases in six days! This morning, I got a text saying the bags arrive this afternoon. I called BA to tell them I want to come to the airport to pick them up, and do not want to wait for a transfer because we are leaving Edinburgh early in the morning. They said wait until the bags arrive and they will be in touch. I asked how long after they arrive will that be, and they said call us three hours after they land. So I waited four hours, and they said they arrived and would deliver them within 24 hours. 24 HOURS! I reminded her we are leaving in the morning so that is not acceptable, I need to pick up my bags this evening. So I went to the airport to retrieve my bags only to find THEY STILL HAVE NOT LEFT ATLANTA. Even after BA advised they are here, they are not here and they have no idea when they will leave Atlanta. How incompetent and bureaucratic can this company be? We are on a 14 day UK vacation and have no photographic equipment, golf outfits, medications and clothes. What a nightmare. Do not fly this airline. Ever
Welcome to the UK.

Have you registered as a temporary patient with a GP to resolve the medication issue?
Old Apr 9, 2016, 1:18 pm

As magic, I received a SMS just ago. The bag never left LAS and was stuck in the DL baggage area. Will be back in AMS tomorrow. 13 days in total.
That's great news.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 1:28 pm

That's great news.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by Happytohelp
That's great news.
+1 to that hope you're reunited soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.