Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Keeping Avios from expiring-- using shopping portal

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2016, 9:57 am
Original Poster

My wife was turned down for new Chase BA card. Her 23,000 miles will expire in about 3 months. So last month she went to the Avios online shopping portal to buy something cheap to keep miles alive. She couldn't find anything she wanted so went to the Avios iTune store link and purchase a song for $1.49 (just in case it needed to be over a dollar minimum for miles to post). Site said 2 Avios for every $1 spent. Today still no miles in her acct. called up CUstomer service but they said iTunes no longer counts as valid for Avios point activity. I didn't realize this is the case as I've never heard of this?? Called back and another rep said the same thing as the amount spend was not great enough and computer won't recognize the small amount. Also said he couldn't override it as it don't show up on his end. Anyone tried recently purchase on iTunes to keep miles alive.?

My next choice now is maybe consider purchase 1000 Avios miles at an inflated price, but at least she will keep acct alive.

Any other cheap suggestions will be helpful.
Thanks
Old Apr 2, 2016, 9:59 am
Suspended

www.rewardsforthoughts.co.uk
Old Apr 2, 2016, 10:08 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Buying 1000 Avios is the quickest and easiest way to keep the Avios valid for another 3 years but have a look at this post for other options.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23182482-post8.html
Old Nov 14, 2016, 7:49 am

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hilton
My daughter (age 9) avios are due to expire, if I purchase 1000 points for her (treat someone else link) does this count as activity.

Tried to purchase avios by logging into her account but the website does not allow this as she is under 18.

Also she is part of the household account, any other suggestion as the next planned BA flight she will be on is after her expiry date, thanks in advance

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.