There is award availability, actually

Old Mar 29, 16, 9:08 am
Original Poster

There is award availability, actually

Could not believe our luck this morning.
Had CW tickets to MIA return later in the year for a no kids wife and husband beach, sun, chill and shopping treat, going on the A380.
Randomly checked our dates and voila, three (yes, that is 3!) F seats available on avios. And for 45K avios all in for two from Club this is excellent value.

Looking at other destinations it seems reward space is better than in the previous three years.
Old Mar 29, 16, 9:13 am

Good work, don't hear of that very often to MIA.

I was very happy last week too, managed to move our outbound Honeymoon flight (F) from a 777 to SFO leaving at 11:30am, to the 789 to San Jose leaving at 15:30 (also F). Much better time of day for the CCR and a shiny new plane.

Wife-to-be wasn't fussed by the extra transfer time at the other end either and seemed genuinely excited about the 789, she must be worth keeping! I know it's an F to F change so we didn't really have it too bad in the first place, but I never expected 2 seats to pop up on the new SJC route.

Last edited by GreatBritishBAECOff; Mar 29, 16 at 9:18 am
Old Mar 29, 16, 10:22 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Petrus View Post
Had CW tickets to MIA return later in the year for a no kids wife and husband beach, sun, chill and shopping treat, going on the A380.
Randomly checked our dates and voila, three (yes, that is 3!) F seats available on avios. And for 45K avios all in for two from Club this is excellent value.

Looking at other destinations it seems reward space is better than in the previous three years.
I had a very similar experience on the same route (MIA on A380 in October). I had managed to get 4 CW Award seats which I thought was pretty good going in the first place. A few weeks ago I just happened to check to see if there was any F availability and there were 5 F Award seats there! Needless to say I called up asap to get us moved. Even the BAEC agent was surprised that 5 seats had opened up. Only downside is that we do not depart from T5 so no CCR and, by all accounts on here, a very disorganised boarding process in T3. However, I have never been to the BA F lounge in T3 so looking forward to a different experience.
Old Mar 31, 16, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Yes, we've also had a run of good fortune which may be due to there now being more award availability. I wonder whether the price increase for WT+ --> CW UuA has had anything to do with it.

A couple of months ago, an early morning text led to a discussion about going to JNB. A quick check on ba.com revealed a pair of F seats on our desired outbound date and a pair of J seats on the inbound, so they were quickly snaffled up with a 2-4-1.

Then I booked a LHR-JNB-LHR in WT+ because the sale price was good, and then over the following week U class seats successively came in for the two flights. I did have to call the UK from Australia twice, but it was worth it.
Old Mar 31, 16, 11:24 am

Programs: BA Silver

Shhhh - just waiting for my next 241 to come in and have been eyeing these up for a trip to see the family in Miami!