FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   In case you missed it... BAEC wins again (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1754867-case-you-missed-baec-wins-again.html)

Petrus Mar 23, 2016 3:31 am

In case you missed it... BAEC wins again

BAEC once again was awarded the best European Airline loyalty programme by the FT community. I suppose it was no match considering the poor show by the competitors :D

http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel...rams/82058796/

The FT statuette will be delivered by hand to BA Executive Club with much fanfare by the forum moderators, followed by a wild party at Waterside.

Worcester Mar 23, 2016 4:37 am

Yes the competition is not great.

It may also have something to do with the fact that the BA forum is the second largest forum by number of posts and AA is the largest (1.8 million and 1.9 million respectively.

Delta is third by some margin (1.1 million).

So either BA & AA forums have more people posting or their regular members are more involved, either way more likely to vote.

That being said I think it's fair to say that BAEC is the best of the big three European Airlines reward systems.

T8191 Mar 23, 2016 6:17 am

Perhaps worth noting that the UuA aspect of the BAEC programme seem to have slipped off the radar. I wonder why that could be? ;)

Fly – Outstanding Benefit

2015: British Airways Executive Club (Lounge Access)
2014: British Airways Executive Club (Upgrade Using Avios)
2013: British Airways Executive Club (Upgrade Using Avios)
2012: British Airways Executive Club (MFU/UUA/Avios Upgrades)

HIDDY Mar 23, 2016 6:31 am

No surprise there especially as they make it so easy for hobby fliers to attain top status in the Reward programme.

Must admit I didn't vote.

bullroot Mar 23, 2016 6:35 am

Originally Posted by Worcester (Post 26373997)

It may also have something to do with the fact that the BA forum is the second largest forum by number of posts and AA is the largest (1.8 million and 1.9 million respectively.

So either BA & AA forums have more people posting or their regular members are more involved, either way more likely to vote.

That being said I think it's fair to say that BAEC is the best of the big three European Airlines reward systems.

I think BA forum has an unfair advantage in the above stats, as I'm not sure if AA or Delta have people posting tens of thousands of posts yet never flying with them :p

T8191 Mar 23, 2016 6:45 am

Originally Posted by HIDDY (Post 26374273)
No surprise there especially as they make it so easy for hobby fliers to attain top status in the Reward programme.

Must admit I didn't vote.

hahaha ... I see your grumpy pills are still working well ;)

Anyway, why would you want to vote? You have nothing on which to base a judgement, Mr Stayathome :D

HIDDY Mar 23, 2016 6:47 am

Originally Posted by bullroot (Post 26374290)
I think BA forum has an unfair advantage in the above stats,

Yeah....this forum has far more Walter Mitty's posting. :D

hugolover Mar 23, 2016 6:58 am

Originally Posted by HIDDY (Post 26374334)
Yeah....this forum has far more Walter Mitty's posting. :D

You've no idea how true that is.

IBobi Mar 23, 2016 2:01 pm

Hey guys,

Petrus is right, it wasn't close.

We use a weighted system (1-10 scale) and BA's score was over 8 for this award, while the next closest (Lufthansa) was under 7.

But 3rd was Aegean, only a couple thenths behind Lufthansa.

The system is weighted so that smaller programs can compete with the behemoths. It's not really about the number of votes a program gets -- some programs who got more total votes this year ended up losing, because the quality of the votes was not as high as that of a smaller competitor. Those 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th place votes on the ballot matter ;)

Paul

T8191 Mar 23, 2016 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by IBobi (Post 26376587)
.... because the quality of the votes was not as high as that of a smaller competitor.

Interesting explanation.

I trust BAEC Gold/OWE votes are deemed of high quality? :D

Flexible preferences Mar 23, 2016 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by IBobi (Post 26376587)
Hey guys,

Petrus is right, it wasn't close.

We use a weighted system (1-10 scale) and BA's score was over 8 for this award, while the next closest (Lufthansa) was under 7.

But 3rd was Aegean, only a couple thenths behind Lufthansa.

The system is weighted so that smaller programs can compete with the behemoths. It's not really about the number of votes a program gets -- some programs who got more total votes this year ended up losing, because the quality of the votes was not as high as that of a smaller competitor. Those 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th place votes on the ballot matter ;)

Paul

Thanks for the info Paul ^

Prospero Mar 23, 2016 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by Worcester (Post 26373997)

As each voter was asked to select their favourite programme(s) in each geographical category, BA was up against its European rivals and not the North American competition such as AA, DL, and UA.