Search

On Business claim rejected

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2016, 3:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB , BA Gold
On Business claim rejected

I am getting even more upset by On Business (OB).
In January we flew (two pax with same surname) ORY-HKG on a plain vanilla business class fare. No stopover, no upgrade, no changed flight.
Our avios/TPs credited normally for the ORY-LHR and LHR-HK in a few days.
It took two weeks for the OB points to credit for ORY-LHR, both pax. But the LHR-HKG never credited.
I submitted a claim for both pax and the claim was immediately accepted for one pax but rejected for the other. It says that flight number does not match. I was very careful in submitting details and the flight numbers are exactly identical on both claims and correct.
Now I have to call. I am traveling for three weeks and cannot access my local OB center with Skype (special charged number). When I finally did on a paid line, I got a BA agent with no familiarity with OB. After waiting ten minutes, she told me to leave a local number to be called back ("sorry I am traveling can only leave an overseas number") or call back later. GREUH.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 3:23 am

On business regularly reject claims.You cannot talk to the agents,only leave messages,which never get answered.After months of calls e-mails and general moaning about my flight to Vancouver,same as yours except in Y,I was finally informed that BA sells tickets on ba.com that dont qualify for On Business points.There is no published information about this,I just had to accept their word.

You may have an extraordinary long and fruitless fight ahead.On Business is no longer fit for purpose.Good luck with your claim.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 3:27 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; AF/KLM FB Silver; M&M LH FTL; LY GLD; HH Diamond; SPG Gold; A-Club Silver; Avis PCI
Ongoing issues abound! I think the IT systems running OB are in need of a serious overhaul...
Old Mar 23, 2016, 3:28 am

Programs: BAEC, LHM&M, and even a dusty KLFB!
Originally Posted by brunos
I am getting even more upset by On Business (OB).
[...] But the LHR-HKG never credited.
[...] It says that flight number does not match. [...]
Now I have to call. [...]
I get this all the time (admittedly more often with AA and IB flights than BA ones). Whoever has set up the system has clearly designed it to be as unhelpful as possible (surprise surprise - plus ca change!).

Don't bother wasting your time calling - when you get the rejection, just raise an online complaint/comment. I usually do this from the OnBusiness login, but it would work equally well from your BAEC login. Just tell then what they've failed to credit correctly, giving the OnB account number and all other details, and eventually it gets sorted out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.