Unable to Choose seats on Codeshare AA

Old Apr 14, 2016, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL, AA PLT, US, HH Gold, BW Diamond, Avis PP, Choice PLT
tried on android... no luck still getting redirect to BA
Old Apr 14, 2016, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by conklaven
tried on android... no luck still getting redirect to BA
What in earth is going on? iOS and desktop I get the loop, but as you can see on the Android phone app, I get seat selection, while you don't?

Could it be the android version? Stuck for reasons why I can get into the seat maps
Old Apr 14, 2016, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AlanA
What in earth is going on? iOS and desktop I get the loop, but as you can see on the Android phone app, I get seat selection, while you don't?

Could it be the android version? Stuck for reasons why I can get into the seat maps

I would like to try and emulate your results on a emulator... can you tell me what phone you have... what version of android and what version of the AA app you have?
Old Apr 14, 2016, 3:04 pm

Sony Experia Z2 (D6503)
Android ver 5.1.1
AA app ver 4.5
Old Apr 14, 2016, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AlanA
Sony Experia Z2 (D6503)
Android ver 5.1.1
AA app ver 4.5
Thanks

Well it didn't work. Still getting the redirect loop.

It has got to do with the way the flight is coded in the system. It has to do with the day they made the changes to the website and the counting of E500 and all the other changes back at the beginning of March.

Prior to that day I was able to go in and change my seats for the AA metal flights without any issues on every device. Since that day we get the redirect loop.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 6:17 pm

While I was still stuck in the loop when trying to reserve my seats online, I was able to finally get a seat assignment when I called the reservation desk. It took three calls and about two weeks to get it resolved but happily I now have a seat assignment and I could immediately see it online.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 1:50 am

Programs: BA LifetimeGold GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by jshea74
While I was still stuck in the loop when trying to reserve my seats online, I was able to finally get a seat assignment when I called the reservation desk. It took three calls and about two weeks to get it resolved but happily I now have a seat assignment and I could immediately see it online.
Don't call it a victory yet! I was in the same situation but when I did the on-line check-in with AA I got another seat than the one which was pre-reserved.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 2:44 am

Programs: AA EXP, WoH Globalist
I'm having the same issue.

Ticketed through BA in Nov '15 with multiple segments on AA, and was able to select seats for all segments on AA.com no problem at the time.

Changed my return date just this week, trying to select seats for the new flights, and I get stuck in the annoying AA/BA endless redirects.

I tweeted American and they say there's nothing they can do until day of departure.

Not usually a DYKWIA type person, but I don't think it's a lot to ask to be able to select seats before your flight, to the extent that they're available.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 3:08 am

Programs: BA LifetimeGold GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by Anegada
I'm having the same issue.

Ticketed through BA in Nov '15 with multiple segments on AA, and was able to select seats for all segments on AA.com no problem at the time.

Changed my return date just this week, trying to select seats for the new flights, and I get stuck in the annoying AA/BA endless redirects.

I tweeted American and they say there's nothing they can do until day of departure.

Not usually a DYKWIA type person, but I don't think it's a lot to ask to be able to select seats before your flight, to the extent that they're available.
This seems to be the new state-of-the-art. The only solution is to have an AA ticketed booking (001- ticket) in the future.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 10:25 am
Company Representative

Hi everyone....I will check on status of this with AA on Monday.
We try to keep an eye on all Ba.com related threads but grateful if you can post issues like this on the Ba.com glitches thread as we monitor that daily and will pick it up quicker. Thanks.
Simon
Old Apr 22, 2016, 10:47 am

Programs: ex BD(LG),HH(D),SPG(P)/(LG), BA(G)
I have a few bookings for which I'd already got assigned seats. AA flights changed so the seat assignments were no longer valid. Endured same nonsensical BA-AA-BA loop, before ringing AA in the US. Initially the AA agent offered some (likely) great seats at the back of the aircraft and insisted there was nothing further forward. It was only when I mentioned I was a oneworld Emerald member it transpired there were, in fact, lots of seats further forward. If you ring AA to secure seats make sure you mention your oneworld status as in my case it clearly didn't show up on any screen viewed by the agent (assuming it would offer free advance seat selection).
I await as to whether or not I will actually sit in the seats I believe I have...
Old Apr 22, 2016, 1:39 pm

Ok, this is getting weird.
Last week as you can see from my previous post, I could only change seats/see seat map on my Androud phone.
Tonight, I can see the seat maps/change seats on the AA iPad app......
Old Apr 22, 2016, 1:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Booked my first AA codeshare yesterday (BA1527/AA56 MIA-LHR) and tweeted AA and had my MCE seats confirmed within half an hour. Let's just hope they stick!
Old Apr 22, 2016, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by BA.com Official
Hi everyone....I will check on status of this with AA on Monday.
We try to keep an eye on all Ba.com related threads but grateful if you can post issues like this on the Ba.com glitches thread as we monitor that daily and will pick it up quicker. Thanks.
Simon
Simon, will you be able to help us with this? I am sitting on a 9 pax business class booking including small children and we have no seat assignments. We can't risk being spread apart.
Old Apr 23, 2016, 1:52 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
BA - AA Seat Booking Loop

Morning all,

I've recently booked DUB-LHR-JFK-LHR-DUB with the JFK-LHR leg being on AA metal and everything else on BA

In MMB, when I try change seats on the AA flight (initially allocated 15j automatically) it takes me to the AA site as expected (auto login didn't work but I can use the AA reference to login ok). However, if I try and change the seat on the AA site it says I must do this on BA's site (despite it being on AA metal!)

It seems neither site wants to let me change my seat - Am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.