FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Expectations Y for YYZ-LHR? Premium upgrade? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1752997-expectations-y-yyz-lhr-premium-upgrade.html)

belky15 Mar 14, 2016 5:34 pm

Expectations Y for YYZ-LHR? Premium upgrade?

Haven't flown BA since the 1980s so I was wondering what I could expect for Y service and comforts (if any) for BA 98 (a 777-200) and return later on BA 93 (a 747-400) (from YYZ to LHR and reverse)? Seatguru has the seats as 31/30 pitch and 17.5 width. Seems like the standard Y seating specifications used by most airlines. It might be bearable for the daytime flight but are the seats comfortable enough for sleeping on an overnight (I am 6 feet 1)? What would the food and entertainment service be like?

Anyone have an idea what BA might charge to upgrade to premium seating (thinking the overnight flight later in March - BA98)?

Thx

Currently have two aisle seats (28 FH)on 98 and the 51 BC on 93.

TravellerFrequently Mar 14, 2016 11:15 pm

Welcome to the BA board.

I recommend that you look at the sticky thread for details about the service and also ba.com, where you can check WT and WTP (Premium Economy) fares. WTP will help you to have a more comfortable journey if you are happy to pay the extra.

OttoMH Mar 14, 2016 11:26 pm

Firstly, think yourself lucky that you're on the 777 & 747 and not the 787!

I once took an airport counter upgrade from economy to world traveller plus for 250 cad but that must be three years ago now. I think club was about 650 cad. I guess even by exchange rate now it must be higher.

Economy is usually very full on this route. Try and select good seats from seat guru or the dashboard threads here.

You may also find a 'proactive online upgrade' becomes selectable in manage my booking. Check out the cost of this. Being in WTP on this route means a good chance of op-up.

Ziz Mar 15, 2016 3:33 am

I think a standard POUG from Y to W on this route hovers around £150-200. I've POUGed before and then been op uped to Club which is a great use of money :).

Skipcool3 Mar 15, 2016 4:02 am

The 777 operated flight benefits from a nine across seat plan whilst many other operators have moved to ten. I am a similar height and manage.... The 777 might have been upgraded with the new seats and in flight entertainment. Keep an eye open for upgrade offers and if you are offered one at a price you think is reasonable, take it.
Don't worry about the upgrade price varying.
If the flight is oversold down the back BA will offer cheaper upgrades in the week before the flight, but never guaranteed of course.
You can pay to upgrade your catering (but it is still airline food) or pay for an exit seat nearer the time if they become available.
The 747s are being refreshed so are either tidy with good IFE or a bit tatty(!)
Enjoy your flight.

Cap'n Benj Mar 15, 2016 4:21 am

Perhaps just me but if you're not on one of the refurbed 747s, I think I prefer WT to WT+ for sleeping but WT+ on the day flight

belky15 Mar 15, 2016 4:53 pm

Thanks to all!