Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Name change on AMEX 2-4-1, but same BAEC number

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2016, 4:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC

Evening all.

I shall be ringing BAEC tomorrow, but I am wondering if any of you on here have had to deal with similar.....

Using Avios and the AMEX 2-4-1 the missus and I are heading for Costa Rica in August.

She is obviously on the household account, so the ticket was booked using her current name and BA number.
I say current name as we are to be married next month, and she is changing names (in fact her new passport is already here).

Her BAEC details have now been updated to suit the new name, but the ticket for the booking is still in her old name.

I have filled out the API using her new name, but am just very nervous that if she has a boarding pass in 1 name, and a passport in another, there is going to be an issue.

Are BA going to be funny about a name change on a reward booking?

Thanks in advance

Sean
Old Mar 9, 2016, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
From ba.com:
Question

Can I travel using my maiden name after I am married?

I've changed my passport to my my married name but my name is different on my booking - what should I do?

Answer

Due to increases in airport security and immigration measures, you can't travel on a ticket booked using your maiden name but have your passport in your married name, or travel on a ticket showing your married name and have your passport in your maiden name. It's also no longer possible to simply take your marriage certificate as a form of identification when you check-in.

If you need to change your name on an existing ticket to match your married/maiden name in your passport, please contact your nearest British Airways office. There's no charge for this type of change, however if the taxes, fees and carrier charges on your ticket have changed since you made the booking we will need to take any additional monies at this point. Please be ready to send us some proof of identity if we think it's necessary.

The similar situation to above applies to any customers who have maybe got divorced and returned to their maiden name, or have changed their name by deed poll - simply contact your nearest British Airways office to make the necessary changes.

If you are a member of our Executive Club and need to change the name on your account, we have an FAQ to help you .

Please be aware that we have a 24 hour "cooling-off period" in which you can cancel your booking and get a full refund, so if you think it's easier to just cancel in this time and start again to correct your details, that's fine - just ring us.
Also see:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-cant-fly.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...rd-ticket.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...e-booking.html
Old Mar 9, 2016, 4:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Excellent, thank you

I must have been 'having a moment' as I didn't see anything on BA - however a further look has found the above.

Thanks again

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.