Community
Wiki Posts
Search

T5 Duty Free Experts...need your help!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2016, 3:24 pm
Original Poster

T5 Duty Free Experts...need your help!

I am flying out to Europe next week and my wife has given me a list of products she needs me to get as she can't get them stateside. Is there any way to check if a product is carried in T5 Duty Free? The company is a Swedish skin care company called "Estelle & Thild".

Thanks... I know weird question.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 3:32 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Unless somebody comes up with a better option, I can check tomorrow for you if you like?
Old Mar 7, 2016, 3:43 pm

You can check with Heathrow Boutique, but IIRC, the shops don't stock too many niche brands like Estelle & Thild.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 3:45 pm

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
A quick scan of the Heathrow Boutique website suggests that you can't get it at the airport.

Is London your destination? If so, Selfridges would be your best bet.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 5:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Heathrow Shopping Services are great at responding to enquiries. I asked about the price of pipe tobacco and got a friendly reply within hours. Send them an email

[email protected]
Old Mar 7, 2016, 5:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
Unless somebody comes up with a better option, I can check tomorrow for you if you like?
Very kind of you but I wouldn't want to take your time... I am flying to Sweden after LHR and can definitely get them there but unfortunately I am not flying back from Sweden so no Duty Free option. My wife told me they are much cheaper in Duty Free than the regular shops. Oh well!
Old Mar 7, 2016, 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Heathrow Shopping Services are great at responding to enquiries. I asked about the price of pipe tobacco and got a friendly reply within hours. Send them an email

[email protected]
I'm a long time lurker but I had to take the plunge and post to second this. I've had excellent service from Shopping Services; not only did they confirm my product was in stock and quote the duty free price but they were also able to hold it aside for me so I could simply pick it up once I was airside. Saved a lot of time and needless browsing. Could be especially useful if you have a list of items!
Old Mar 8, 2016, 12:39 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Originally Posted by radelow
Very kind of you but I wouldn't want to take your time... I am flying to Sweden after LHR and can definitely get them there but unfortunately I am not flying back from Sweden so no Duty Free option. My wife told me they are much cheaper in Duty Free than the regular shops. Oh well!
You can get them at CPH if that's any help
Old Mar 8, 2016, 1:27 am

Programs: BA Gold
Related question: anyone know if you can buy stuff on your outward trip but not collect until you pass through LHR on return?
Old Mar 8, 2016, 2:49 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by bluemoon68
Related question: anyone know if you can buy stuff on your outward trip but not collect until you pass through LHR on return?
Yes you can, but only for EU travel (in other words no ciggies or real duty free, it's just the cut price, duty paid version that gets around the common market aspect of taxation):

http://www.heathrow.com/shops-and-re...k-up-on-return

LGW also has a similar feature.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 5:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Brook100
I'm a long time lurker but I had to take the plunge and post to second this. I've had excellent service from Shopping Services; not only did they confirm my product was in stock and quote the duty free price but they were also able to hold it aside for me so I could simply pick it up once I was airside. Saved a lot of time and needless browsing. Could be especially useful if you have a list of items!
Welcome to the board Brook100. Glad to hear you also had a positive experience with HSS.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 8:01 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes you can, but only for EU travel (in other words no ciggies or real duty free, it's just the cut price, duty paid version that gets around the common market aspect of taxation):

http://www.heathrow.com/shops-and-re...k-up-on-return

LGW also has a similar feature.
Mrs bluemoon will be delighted. I had balked at the idea of buying her a handbag on the way out as I didn't want to carry it around all day with nowhere to store it on an HBO trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.