Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Passport control-London or Barcelona?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2018, 2:32 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by Dallas49er
I'm confused. Flying DFW-LHR-EDI in J and one checked bag. Do I collect my bag in LHR, clear customs, and then send it on, or collect it in EDI and clear there. thanks for the help.
All bags at Edinburgh are deliver3d to the same carousel. HM Customs usually hover round and may select people at random with white luggage tags ie those that haven’t come from the EU. If you have goods to declare and there is no customs presence there is an honesty phone near the reclaim counter.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 2:33 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I'm confused. Flying DFW-LHR-EDI in J and one checked bag. Do I collect my bag in LHR, clear customs, and then send it on, or collect it in EDI and clear there. thanks for the help.
as long as your bag is checked through to EDI you will not see it again until it comes on to the baggage belt at EDI.

At LHR you will go through immigration and security. You will not need your passport to board the flight to EDI.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 3:37 pm

Your checked bag will go to EDI and you will not see it in LHR. It will be delivered to belt 6 at EDI, which is in a customs area. However, you pass through immigration at LHR. Customs treatment of the contents of your hand baggage is the interesting bit.
I once saw a red customs phone at T5 connections which I could not get to because the tensa barriers were in the way. If arriving at EDI with hand baggage only, one then does not pass through a customs area (has that actually been changed recently?).
Old Feb 28, 2018, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
HM Customs usually hover round and may select people at random with white luggage tags ie those that haven’t come from the EU.
In 15 years of EDI being my home airport, I have seen customs officers there exactly once.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 5:14 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by FlyingScientist
In 15 years of EDI being my home airport, I have seen customs officers there exactly once.
In my 4 times of 4 There were 2 customs officers present on my last flight on 18 January this was on the 8.50am from LHR so presumably a lot of transfer passengers.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 5:26 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
Originally Posted by KeaneJohn

All bags at Edinburgh are deliver3d to the same carousel. HM Customs usually hover round and may select people at random with white luggage tags ie those that haven’t come from the EU. If you have goods to declare and there is no customs presence there is an honesty phone near the reclaim counter.
Originally Posted by KARFA

as long as your bag is checked through to EDI you will not see it again until it comes on to the baggage belt at EDI.

At LHR you will go through immigration and security. You will not need your passport to board the flight to EDI.
Originally Posted by FlyingScientist
Your checked bag will go to EDI and you will not see it in LHR. It will be delivered to belt 6 at EDI, which is in a customs area. However, you pass through immigration at LHR. Customs treatment of the contents of your hand baggage is the interesting bit.
I once saw a red customs phone at T5 connections which I could not get to because the tensa barriers were in the way. If arriving at EDI with hand baggage only, one then does not pass through a customs area (has that actually been changed recently?).
Thank you, all 3 of you for your quick responses.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.