Community
Wiki Posts
Search

T5 Flounge sweltering again

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2016, 5:31 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club (Silver), Le Club Accor (Silver)
LHR T5 airside is just too hot. All the time. I'm sweating even in the middle of winter! As someone else said, if you're too cold, you can always add a layer. You can't strip naked if you're too hot! Unfortunately, my office is exactly the same

Last edited by kingstontoon; Mar 3, 2016 at 5:32 pm Reason: Spelling
Old Mar 3, 2016, 6:17 pm

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Originally Posted by antichef
No I didn't, but I guess you are going to have to tell me now

I know that americans get a little confused and flustered when we rub out pencil marks using a rubber ... so what on earth can a cardigan do for them
Lol, in American slang, a jumper is a one piece, typically for babies, but also a full body outfit for women.

A rubber on the other hand is slang for a condom. We erase with an eraser.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 7:33 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
Originally Posted by antichef
No I didn't, but I guess you are going to have to tell me now

I know that americans get a little confused and flustered when we rub out pencil marks using a rubber ... so what on earth can a cardigan do for them
Yeah, when in the USA say "eraser" rather than "rubber", especially if you are in a business meeting and don't want everyone to start giggling.

Similarly, avoid "I'll knock you up tomorrow". Instead, say "I'll knock on your door.".

What is a jumper to Americans? It's a dress made to be worn over a blouse, usually with an undefined waistline. Pregnant women and toddler girls with poochy tummies wear jumpers. If a non-pregnant grown woman wears a jumper, she would cinch in the waistline with a belt.

I did a double-take when a visiting British guy said "It's chilly. I'm going back for my jumper."

Then he came back out with a sweater.
Old Mar 5, 2016, 12:18 pm

Programs: BAEC
They need to fix this. It is not a matter of a few degrees down to personal choice, I took a thermometer with me 2 weeks ago after similar complaints in previous weeks and out of curiosity and measured up to 37C. The toilets were truly like a sauna, not exaggerating, uncomfortably hot.
Old Mar 5, 2016, 12:24 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Comfortable temperature at the moment. Sipping champagne and waiting for my burger :-)

Fairly quiet at this time on a Saturday though. I guess "normal" people are all at home with their family :-(
Old Mar 6, 2016, 3:43 am

Programs: BA-GGL, SU-G Agean, G,, Hhonours D, Starwood G, IHG G,
Originally Posted by QueenOfCoach
Yeah, when in the USA say "eraser" rather than "rubber", especially if you are in a business meeting and don't want everyone to start giggling.

Similarly, avoid "I'll knock you up tomorrow". Instead, say "I'll knock on your door.".

What is a jumper to Americans? It's a dress made to be worn over a blouse, usually with an undefined waistline. Pregnant women and toddler girls with poochy tummies wear jumpers. If a non-pregnant grown woman wears a jumper, she would cinch in the waistline with a belt.

I did a double-take when a visiting British guy said "It's chilly. I'm going back for my jumper."

Then he came back out with a sweater.
The one that used to raise eyebrows when we regularly worked in the US was, I'm going outside to smoke a fag..
Old Mar 6, 2016, 10:53 am

Was fine a few days ago. As some have mentioned, this is mainly an issue on cold but sunny days where all that glass must be adding quiet a few degrees. What is odd is the apparent lack of a thermostat. Me gets the impression a member of staff just sets it to high during winter?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.