Wiki Posts
Search

Broken IFE

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2016, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Broken IFE

Travelled LGW to TPA yesterday in CW. as we were taxiing out the CSM made announcement to crew to prepare for manual safety briefing. As it turned out the IFE system was inoperative for the entire aircraft.
Shortly after take off, there was another announcement to this effect, all that was available was the flight map.
Pretty poor show for a near 10 hour flight, considering that the aircraft had been back at its home base and not been repaired.
Also disappointing that there was no service recovery proactively offered.
I guess I'll need to send in a comment. What is avios going rate for no IFE?

Regards
Old Feb 25, 2016, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Proactive service recovery forms should have been given out inflight, poor show by the crew.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by zanderblue
Travelled LGW to TPA yesterday in CW. as we were taxiing out the CSM made announcement to crew to prepare for manual safety briefing. As it turned out the IFE system was inoperative for the entire aircraft.
Shortly after take off, there was another announcement to this effect, all that was available was the flight map.
Pretty poor show for a near 10 hour flight, considering that the aircraft had been back at its home base and not been repaired.

Regards
Is it? That assumes that they were both aware that it was broken on landing and that it was possible to fix in the space of less than 2 hours that they would have had available between its scheduled flights.

The customer service around it is another thing, but I don't think not fixing it in that time-frame is a particularly dreadful response.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 2:07 pm

Programs: ECH Gold
Originally Posted by zanderblue

Regards
This happened to me a couple of years ago, no IFE for the whole flight, the crew did their best to try and reset. The CSD came round with a pre printed we apologise letter. Had to fill it in onboard. Crew collected it. I seem to recall I got 10000 Avios sat in cw.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 2:10 pm

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
I was in CW last Tuesday morning from JFK-LHR. IFE was dodgy at best. The crew handed out forms and I dutifully filled mine in. Today I received an email with 12,000 Avios! Considering I rarely look or listen to anything on the IFE I reckon that was pretty good going!
Old Feb 25, 2016, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That is the correct procedure, however if it's only a small number we can offer compensation using the iPad.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 2:35 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mikebg
Considering I rarely look or listen to anything on the IFE I reckon that was pretty good going!
Same here, apart from the news, I only ever watch the flight map anyway!
Old Feb 26, 2016, 4:38 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
Broken IFE

A good reminder to always bring your own IFE on board with you. I have a Kindle, iPod, iPhone, Sudoku book, etc.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 5:15 am
Original Poster

Good prompt response from CS ^. I notified them yesterday, had a reply today, 12000 avios each for my wife and I.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 5:21 am
NNH

Location: LA, after growing up in London and living all over Europe
Programs: Ex-BD, ex-NW, ex-AA, BA Gold
I'm on LGW-TPA tomorrow, so I'll make sure I bring plenty of reading matter, and a working pen for filling in the freebie Avios form, just in case
Old Feb 27, 2016, 5:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's the correct amount but should have been sorted out onboard.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 5:33 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Bronze, Hilton Diamond, Virgin Flying Club Red
My parents were on the return flight, Thursday's 2166 and they had no IFE for the whole flight either. No proactive compensation offered either. They were in economy but still...
Old Feb 27, 2016, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Were there vacant seats within their cabin, CR will check this before offering compensation?
Old Feb 27, 2016, 5:59 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you
Were there vacant seats within their cabin, CR will check this before offering compensation?
Think they're talking about the aircraft that operated the return flight that the OP was on. So presuming whole aircraft with no IFE?
Old Feb 27, 2016, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If so once then again the proactive service recovery forms should have been given out so that CR could capture the whole flight and offer compensation?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.