Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DXB Concourse D has opened

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2016, 5:35 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by crazy8534
I haven't been to the CCB in SIN but am I right in getting the general impression that it isn't felt to be very good? I think if you are getting a swipe card to access the DXB CCB it suggests there won't be many staff around there to serve you.
Well opinions certainly vary, but I like the SIN CCB, it's certainly has an exclusive feel to it, but best enjoyed for its late night feel, going there mid afternoon is a bit odd. There aren't usually many people in there, it has the same food as outside (minus the soup) but better wines / spirits and self serve fizz, and a range of comfortable seating. Someone from the catering staff pops round every 10 minutes or so.

The other view is that the CCB is small and dark, and could do with its own catering menu.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 5:35 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
I haven't been to the CCB in SIN but am I right in getting the general impression that it isn't felt to be very good? I think if you are getting a swipe card to access the DXB CCB it suggests there won't be many staff around there to serve you.

Having said that, if it means the sort of overall lounge improvement that we have seen in e.g. IAD then I would be very happy in the round.
That was what I was thinking. I really liked the IAD lounge when I was there in December.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 10:24 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
FYI...

http://www.ausbt.com.au/ba-to-open-n...n=home-flipper

With lounge pictures...
Old Feb 24, 2016, 10:45 am

Programs: BA GGLfL, ex-EK IO, IC Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador, Amex Centurion
Will I be the first....?

I'm due to pass through on Saturday evening.

Unless someone beats me to it, I will post a short review and pictures.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 10:48 am

Programs: BAEC
I'm unlikely ever to fly to DXB, but is there a first lounge anywhere that GCHs can get access to ?
Old Feb 24, 2016, 11:57 am
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
Originally Posted by bafan
I'm unlikely ever to fly to DXB, but is there a first lounge anywhere that GCHs can get access to ?
Not with BA no. It's a mixed lounge with a CCR Bar.

Qatar will have their own lounge and perhaps they may have shelled out more on an actual F/Emerald lounge but we don't know yet.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 1:22 pm

Programs: BA Blue
I'm flying through next week with Qantas....assume it's not possible to access Concourse D as an alternative to the Emirates Lounge?
Old Feb 24, 2016, 1:39 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist
I am sure that Raffles is rather pleased about this news. IIRC he has been rather expressive in his frustration about how long it has taken to open the new concourse and thus the new BA lounge. No doubt he will have some pictures up on his blog when he next passes through (which I believe he said was over Easter).
Old Feb 24, 2016, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by PoincianaKings
I am sure that Raffles is rather pleased about this news. IIRC he has been rather expressive in his frustration about how long it has taken to open the new concourse and thus the new BA lounge. No doubt he will have some pictures up on his blog when he next passes through (which I believe he said was over Easter).
Yup, there on 4th April I think. My kids can trash the CCB!

Still a bit spooked I got 4 J to AUH and 4 F from DXB over Easter!
Old Feb 24, 2016, 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by JesW
I'm flying through next week with Qantas....assume it's not possible to access Concourse D as an alternative to the Emirates Lounge?
All the T1 and T3 concourses are connected airside - you might just have a distance to travel. A to B via underground train, B to C on foot and C to D on above ground train.

ETA. C to D requires going landside - see below.

Last edited by ft101; Feb 24, 2016 at 11:06 pm
Old Feb 24, 2016, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by ft101
All the T1 and T3 concourses are connected airside - you might just have a distance to travel. A to B via underground train, B to C on foot and C to D on above ground train.
Since C is actually a ~400m tunnel away from T1, and the train from D leaves from T1 rather than C, I would imagine that getting from C to D (and back, for the flight from A) will be pretty painful.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by stargold
Since C is actually a ~400m tunnel away from T1, and the train from D leaves from T1 rather than C, I would imagine that getting from C to D (and back, for the flight from A) will be pretty painful.
Your right it's from T1 which is land side rather than Concourse C which is airside.

Edited my post.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 11:11 pm

Having said that, if it means the sort of overall lounge improvement that we have seen in e.g. IAD then I would be very happy in the round.
My take is that the CCB should be incorporated into the main lounge, bringing the whole thing up closer to the standard it should be. It's too dark and dingy to stand on its own but the overall lounge is a bit plain at present.

Having said that from the pictures at least the new DXB lounge looks pretty good. I just hope they don't ruin it with rubbish catering.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 12:05 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Raffles
Yup, there on 4th April I think. My kids can trash the CCB! ....
Hummm, smacks of entitlement, and/or a lack of parenting skills. Imagine kids running around any pub! Bad form! The Irish Pub outside would certainly be quieter

Unless you are joking - but then I still do not understand some forms of "humor" - British or otherwise
Old Feb 25, 2016, 12:09 am

Originally Posted by tmac100
Hummm, smacks of entitlement, and/or a lack of parenting skills. Imagine kids running around any pub! Bad form! The Irish Pub outside would certainly be quieter

Unless you are joking - but then I still do not understand some forms of "humor" - British or otherwise
I'm at a loss as to how you can possibly think he was being serious.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.