BA2645 12:55 MLA-LGW live delay report!

Old Feb 9, 2016, 5:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
BA2645 12:55 MLA-LGW live delay report!

MLA ground staff are making a right farce of things here. The check in was done manually and the inevitable wrong headcount has now occurred. The ground staff are walking through the plane checking every single passport again to match it up to their list. The thoroughness of this check is laughable though because they looked at my passport and didn't bother looking at Mrs BFs and only ticked mine and infant BFs name off the list. When I went to correct them they got all stressed and arsey!! I am in row 4 so it will only get worse as they go back from here!!

Last edited by BerksFlyer; Feb 9, 2016 at 10:32 am
Old Feb 9, 2016, 5:35 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by BerksFlyer
MLA ground staff are making a right farce of things here. The check in was done manually and the inevitable wring headcount has now occurred. The ground staff are walking through the plane checking every single passport again to match it up to their list. The thoroughness of this check is laughable though because they looked at my passport and didn't bother looking at Mrs BFs and only ticked mine and infant BFs name off the list. When I went to correct them they got all stressed and arsey!! I am in row 4 so it will only get worse as they go back from here!!
Flew back from MLA on Sunday and saw a number of people with entirely hand-written boarding passes. Then, the inevitable circus on board as they tried to count (it took 3 attempts).

It didn't fill me with confidence....

ETA - this came after the ~30 meter bus ride.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA
Is MLA now FLY?
Old Feb 9, 2016, 7:11 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, SK *G, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Schiehallion
Flew back from MLA on Sunday and saw a number of people with entirely hand-written boarding passes. Then, the inevitable circus on board as they tried to count (it took 3 attempts).
I was on this flight as well. The check-in itself took ages as the CE/status check-in person's computer kept freezing. At the gate, I noticed that they were simply writing down everyone's seat number on a piece of paper. I would've thought it would've been quicker to write down the sequence numbers and see what's missing at the end. But yes, quite the chaos.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 7:13 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
Originally Posted by BA6501
Is MLA now FLY?
Yes, it was not working properly last Sunday. Check in took an age and boarding checks done manually. I thought the CC did a good job in counting numbers on board.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 9:06 am

Programs: BA Gold
Amsterdam also manually checking in

Originally Posted by Rubecula
Yes, it was not working properly last Sunday. Check in took an age and boarding checks done manually. I thought the CC did a good job in counting numbers on board.
My daughter is on her way back from a trip to Amsterdam and they are delayed due to OLCI not working and all pax being manually checked in :-0

Just starting to taxi now for a 3pm flight which was due to land at 3.25 UK time...
Old Feb 9, 2016, 10:11 am
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

I suppose, by not working at all, FLY is allowing staff more time to interact with customers (just like the product advertises).
Old Feb 10, 2016, 4:57 am

Programs: BA Silver
Ah, was that the morning of the 31st?
If so was my last day in CLC.(well night)

It was a bit of a bummer I'll tell you that...

Now happily aircraft side so you may see me at some point Fellow FT'ers!
LCY now hehe
Old Feb 10, 2016, 6:56 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
Originally Posted by e195
Ah, was that the morning of the 31st?
If so was my last day in CLC.(well night)

It was a bit of a bummer I'll tell you that...

Now happily aircraft side so you may see me at some point Fellow FT'ers!
LCY now hehe
No, it was the evening of 7th February
Old Feb 22, 2016, 9:22 am

Programs: BA Silver
No, it was the evening of 7th February
Ah, guess it had another hiccup then on the 7th

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.